Out On The Town With Jimmy Page

HB

Thanks so much for this! Often people see him but don't take a pic - and you asked him the best questions. Great for all of us. And by the way - you take a great photo - love your hair!

Yeah, I noticed the young man's hair right off too - reminded me of Jimmy's circa ... 1970. If you simply say "tartan slacks" to a Pagette, they will understand. Sorry this pic is so tiny.

jimmy_lake.jpg

Oh my... you are so lucky. If I see him one day, I think wouldn't be able to talk! I need to move to London. RIGHT NOW.

He's so cool! I mean, he's a rockstar, one of the most famous rockstars of all time, and he just talks to his fans in the streets and lets them taking photos.

It's hard to believe that is THIS man:

aa285dea52.jpg

or this man

993c58bd06.jpg

For me they're two different persons!

David LeVine! His Zeppelin photographs are beautiful, as are the ones he did of Jim Morrison at the infamous Doors concert in Miami. Did you know the old Dinner Key Auditorium/Coconut Grove Exhibition Center is currently being demolished? Sad. But I digress.

Back to JP and his amazing patchy pants: zeppelin-37frame-400.jpg

rosiet,

Without wishing this thread to go off topic, I don't know if you are aware that the concert that evening is covered on the site's Timeline, complete with setlist, commentary and photos from the show. Apologies if you have seen it already.

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/april-10-1970

FireOpal
You are exactly right. I met him April 1970 and his hair was like this. The night I met him he was wearing his "patchwork" style pants, not the tartans. I have seen a pic published of that night backstage in Miami that a photographer is selling, with Jimmy wearing the patch works!

Kenog - It bears repeating, as Jack White once screamed. I believe the archives have something about the Zeppelin appearance at Pirate World too*.

Rosiet, have you shared your story elsewhere on these forums? If not, I'd like to hear more about your Page encounter if you feel like sharing.

*Oh wow, they've posted the 1969 tour book on there. Can you imagine having an original one of those! Too exciting. Did the Zeppelins do many tour books? I don't recall ever seeing one before.

Kenog - It bears repeating, as Jack White once screamed. I believe the archives have something about the Zeppelin appearance at Pirate World too*.

Rosiet, have you shared your story elsewhere on these forums? If not, I'd like to hear more about your Page encounter if you feel like sharing.

*Oh wow, they've posted the 1969 tour book on there. Can you imagine having an original one of those! Too exciting. Did the Zeppelins do many tour books? I don't recall ever seeing one before.

I own a copy I got a long while ago on ebay.

I own a copy I got a long while ago on ebay.

Lock it up! There are copies on Ebay selling for $200+ and the 1975 and '77 tour books sell for even more. But damn it looks soooo cool.

I didn't know bands did tour programs back in the day.

Lock it up! There are copies on Ebay selling for $200+ and the 1975 and '77 tour books sell for even more. But damn it looks soooo cool.

I didn't know bands did tour programs back in the day.

It is just about. ;) This one reminds me of a record album.

Aen27
I don't have an Instagram account, but I am still able to see the text. I have copied it here for you. The two pictures on the site are the ones already posted here.
2 days ago
Jimmy Page, possibly the greatest guitarist ever, hanging out with my wife, very proud. What a dude. #ledzeppelin #jimmypageFollow
cameroncanete, bluesveinss, mikelawton11 and 15 others like this.
nicolaljames
Oh yeah baby! And he paid for dinner! What a gent! X
mikelawton11
Where and how did you manage to meet him?!
nicolaljames
He's friends with a friend of mine and he brought him along last night - then they went to a poetry reading! We went to carluccios in south ken, so cool!
denisse_lovesu
Love this pic!!

Interesting. I don't see your link as I don't have an istagram account.

The picture was posted by her husband ;) Apparently a friend of hers knows Jimmy and the photo was taken during a meal at Carluccios in South Ken. JP went to a poetry reading afterwards.

Aen27

I don't have an Instagram account, but I am still able to see the text. I have copied it here for you. The two pictures on the site are the ones already posted here.

2 days ago

Jimmy Page, possibly the greatest guitarist ever, hanging out with my wife, very proud. What a dude. #ledzeppelin #jimmypageFollow

cameroncanete, bluesveinss, mikelawton11 and 15 others like this.

nicolaljames

Oh yeah baby! And he paid for dinner! What a gent! X

mikelawton11

Where and how did you manage to meet him?!

nicolaljames

He's friends with a friend of mine and he brought him along last night - then they went to a poetry reading! We went to carluccios in south ken, so cool!

denisse_lovesu

Love this pic!!

Thank you both so very much and you kenog, for copying the exhange here. :)

The Carluccios restaurant in Covent Garden used to be very, very expensive..

The picture was posted by her husband ;) Apparently a friend of hers knows Jimmy and the photo was taken during a meal at Carluccios in South Ken. JP went to a poetry reading afterwards.

Ok guys, I reckon now this is getting awfully close to stalking! Nevertheless the photo of him laughing is just so uplifting - the look on his face is just so joyful. Better even than his enthusiasm towards Heart at the Obama gig. Love it.

Ok guys, I reckon now this is getting awfully close to stalking! Nevertheless the photo of him laughing is just so uplifting - the look on his face is just so joyful. Better even than his enthusiasm towards Heart at the Obama gig. Love it.

I wouldn't call it the Obama gig as he was there as being POTUS. It's for the Kennedy Center Honors.

This report from author Dave Lewis of Tight But Loose:

Just back from day one at the Knebworth book launch at the VIP Musicmania Fair – and a pretty incredible day it has been…great to see many old and new faces and it was a great thrill to have Jimmy Page drop by in between his record shopping at the fair with Ross Halfin …he was very complementary about the book…which really was a fantastic accolade to say the least….

why on earth would they do this? or at least why would they make it publically available? that's just plain stalkerville behaviour

He's a public figure in a public place. Have you seen the recent McCartney footage from Osaka Airport? Same phenomena, larger scale.

Archived