Out On The Town With Jimmy Page

He's a public figure in a public place. Have you seen the recent McCartney footage from Osaka Airport? Same phenomena, larger scale.

I will say it was quite admirable of Sir Paul to stop and shake fans hands and pose for photos, as that was quite a daunting crowd.

I was surprised that he would arrive at Osaka as I know here most celebrities use our old airport to arrive instead of Vancouver International, which would be similar to those who generally arrive at Teterboro Airport in NJ/NY as opposed to LaGuardia or JFK thus avoiding those kinds of situations.

In the camera phone age all celebs or whoever are going to end up on you tube or somewhere. It will go with the territory these days as annoying it might be to the celebs. I saw the vid and didnt fel it was stalkerish, it was someone probably pleasantly surprised to see Jimmy. Now if they then pestered and continued to film or annoy him then that would be more than intrusive especially if politely requested not to. I bet there were loads of people who took photos as he walked by. And he does speak to people it seems.

And dont forget that here on the forum we have a thread dedicated to Jimmy being seen out and about.

Ross on Jimmy at the Olympia Record Fair and Mott the Hoople Concert . There are a couple of pictures of Jimmy, one clowning around with Ross's assistant. :)

http://www.rosshalfin.com/diary/november-2013/diary-november-2013.php

November 17

Saturday Olympia, a bad day - bought loads. Jimmy page was showing me what rock and roll to get, including the first two Chuck Berry LPs mint, Sonny Boy Williamson Sings Down And Out Blues, Yardbirds Japanese EP on red vinyl, Stones mono Their Satanic Majesties Request all MINT.

A couple of retards would not leave Jimmy alone. At one point we were having a sandwich and this “bore“ from Epsom just came over and was not going away. Another moron came up and said he was a good friend of Peter Makowski. 'Well how come Peter’s never spoken about you if you're such a good friend?' said JP. Dave Lewis was there with his new book which JP signed to him and put edition 666 - he must have been in a good mood...

Sunday back to Olympia where Jimmy and I got more to feed our addiction. I got Wanda Jackson ten inch on Capitol red vinyl plus Gene Vincent ten inch black vinyl both Japanese. One Of These Days promo Pink Floyd Japanese, the first James Brown LP Please Please Please.

In the evening with Makowski and Brian Wheat in tow we all went to see the Temperance Movement at the Koko. It was packed, the band was great apart from the singer over doing his Mick Jagger/Chris Robinson “dancing". He should just stick to singing, he was trying too hard. In fact the Temperance Movement and Blackberry Smoke are my two favourite bands at the moment. They both swing and can play - makes a good change.

November 18

Mott The Hoople at the 02 Arena. I wasted half the day by going to shoot Ian Hunter at 2pm then finding out everything was running late, so off back home - across London to the South West from the South East.

Home for a couple of hours then off again for a long drive - collected James Patrick Page first so it was Cheam, Kensington, Chelsea, Elephant And Castle, The Old Kent Road, Deptford, New Cross, Greenwich and finally the 02. We got there before the band, amazingly!

Ian Hunter apologised for earlier - it shows what a gentleman he is. So I got a great photo shoot of Ian with his Iron Cross guitar and Jimmy with him for good measure. It was a fantastic show, the crowd enjoyed it which was great after the useless Birmingham audience. Good to shoot although the stage was far too high for no reason. The sound was good as well. Had a bit of a hang afterward in the dressing room with Mick Jones, Brian Wheat, John Squire and Joe Elliott, still drunk from Birmingham. Plus Jimmy who pointed out how good Joe was singing All The Young Dudes. And Mick Ralphs and Overend Watts, a fine pair.

Brian Wheat told me Jimmy was getting mobbed by wankers in the crowd with Led Zeppelin LPs to sign, pestering him and not letting him enjoy the show.…Wheat, who is normally mild-mannered, had to step in and tell them to fuck off. Come on, he's right, do fuck off - there's a time and a place for everything.

A good time was had by all…

Ross on Jimmy at the Olympia Record Fair and Mott the Hoople Concert . There are a couple of pictures of Jimmy, one clowning around with Ross's assistant. :)

November 17

Saturday Olympia, a bad day - bought loads. Jimmy page was showing me what rock and roll to get, including the first two Chuck Berry LPs mint, Sonny Boy Williamson Sings Down And Out Blues, Yardbirds Japanese EP on red vinyl, Stones mono Their Satanic Majesties Request all MINT.

A couple of retards would not leave Jimmy alone. At one point we were having a sandwich and this “bore“ from Epsom just came over and was not going away. Another moron came up and said he was a good friend of Peter Makowski. 'Well how come Peter’s never spoken about you if you're such a good friend?' said JP. Dave Lewis was there with his new book which JP signed to him and put edition 666 - he must have been in a good mood...

Sunday back to Olympia where Jimmy and I got more to feed our addiction. I got Wanda Jackson ten inch on Capitol red vinyl plus Gene Vincent ten inch black vinyl both Japanese. One Of These Days promo Pink Floyd Japanese, the first James Brown LP Please Please Please.

In the evening with Makowski and Brian Wheat in tow we all went to see the Temperance Movement at the Koko. It was packed, the band was great apart from the singer over doing his Mick Jagger/Chris Robinson “dancing". He should just stick to singing, he was trying too hard. In fact the Temperance Movement and Blackberry Smoke are my two favourite bands at the moment. They both swing and can play - makes a good change.

November 18

Mott The Hoople at the 02 Arena. I wasted half the day by going to shoot Ian Hunter at 2pm then finding out everything was running late, so off back home - across London to the South West from the South East.

Home for a couple of hours then off again for a long drive - collected James Patrick Page first so it was Cheam, Kensington, Chelsea, Elephant And Castle, The Old Kent Road, Deptford, New Cross, Greenwich and finally the 02. We got there before the band, amazingly!

Ian Hunter apologised for earlier - it shows what a gentleman he is. So I got a great photo shoot of Ian with his Iron Cross guitar and Jimmy with him for good measure. It was a fantastic show, the crowd enjoyed it which was great after the useless Birmingham audience. Good to shoot although the stage was far too high for no reason. The sound was good as well. Had a bit of a hang afterward in the dressing room with Mick Jones, Brian Wheat, John Squire and Joe Elliott, still drunk from Birmingham. Plus Jimmy who pointed out how good Joe was singing All The Young Dudes. And Mick Ralphs and Overend Watts, a fine pair.

Brian Wheat told me Jimmy was getting mobbed by wankers in the crowd with Led Zeppelin LPs to sign, pestering him and not letting him enjoy the show.…Wheat, who is normally mild-mannered, had to step in and tell them to fuck off. Come on, he's right, do fuck off - there's a time and a place for everything.

Just have to wonder why anyone would bring their Led Zeppelin lps to a Mott the Hoople concert.... <_<

Safe to say those people were probably Ebayers.....???!!! Idiots...

November 17

November 18

I don't blame Wheat for being pissed. The "wankers" were being rude to the band and the rest of the audience as well as to Page. Page grew up in Epsom. I wonder if "the bore" Ross Halfin mentioned was a former neighbor or schoolmate?

Just have to wonder why anyone would bring their Led Zeppelin lps to a Mott the Hoople concert.... <_<

Safe to say those people were probably Ebayers.....???!!! Idiots...

Makes you wonder, maybe people wander around with suitcases full of LP's on the off chance :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Jimmy attended a special birthday party held at Abbey Road for a cable firm called Holloway on November 30th.

Cookie posted this picture on twitter.

https://twitter.com/LedZepNews/status/406820738847371264/photo/1

http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/rock_legend_jimmy_page_steals_show_as_holloway_firm_celebrates_25th_birthday_at_iconic_abbey_road_studios_1_3064880

Jimmy attended a special birthday party held at Abbey Road for a cable firm called Holloway on November 30th.

Cookie posted this picture on twitter.

https://twitter.com/LedZepNews/status/406820738847371264/photo/1

http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/rock_legend_jimmy_page_steals_show_as_holloway_firm_celebrates_25th_birthday_at_iconic_abbey_road_studios_1_3064880

Thanks for the link!

Here we have a report from Led Zeppelin News ‏@LedZepNews 22 Nov#

PHOTO: Jimmy Page was interviewed at home in London on November 18th by music fan Bucks Burnett pic.twitter.com/GZk8Kdf4pW

And the most uplifting aspect is that Mr Burnett is a member of this Board.

Will Mr Burnett tell us which publication this interview will appear in? Will it be timed to coincide with the release of the remastered albums? Is there a deal for the interview to be sold to publications worldwide?

Here we have a report from Led Zeppelin News ‏@LedZepNews 22 Nov#

PHOTO: Jimmy Page was interviewed at home in London on November 18th by music fan Bucks Burnett pic.twitter.com/GZk8Kdf4pW

And the most uplifting aspect is that Mr Burnett is a member of this Board.

Will Mr Burnett tell us which publication this interview will appear in? Will it be timed to coincide with the release of the remastered albums? Is there a deal for the interview to be sold to publications worldwide?

I'll ask Bucks and post his reply if permitted to do so. He is a member of this forum but very seldom posts.

This from Bucks Burnett:

On November 18th, I conducted an exclusive interview with James Patrick Page at his home in London. We discussed the ARMS concerts, Ronnie Lane, 8 tracks, Tiny Tim, etc. This interview was 8 months in negotiation; all the time I had to be silent about it. He signed my Zeppelin jacket that I wore to the reunion concert in 2007, and even the pick guard to my '73 Les Paul. BTW, he doesn't sign guitars at all anymore, but he kindly made an exception. All in all, a most splendid encounter with me old pal Jimsy.

Not sure yet of where or when the interview will surface...but will let everyone know! It went great.

-- Bucks Burnett

This from Bucks Burnett:

On November 18th, I conducted an exclusive interview with James Patrick Page at his home in London. We discussed the ARMS concerts, Ronnie Lane, 8 tracks, Tiny Tim, etc. This interview was 8 months in negotiation; all the time I had to be silent about it. He signed my Zeppelin jacket that I wore to the reunion concert in 2007, and even the pick guard to my '73 Les Paul. BTW, he doesn't sign guitars at all anymore, but he kindly made an exception. All in all, a most splendid encounter with me old pal Jimsy.

Not sure yet of where or when the interview will surface...but will let everyone know! It went great.

-- Bucks Burnett

Thanks for looking into this, Steve and sharing it here. Sounds fun.

This from Bucks Burnett:

-- Bucks Burnett

Thanks Steve.

Tiny Tim?!? Scratching my head for the context of that topic!

Archived