Out On The Town With Jimmy Page

Found this conversation going on on Twitter:-

Alisha Prince‏@alishaprince 22h

I saw jimmy page coming out of the...

Is it just me or does anyone else think this post crossed the line? This wasn't a public event like a comic book convention or a concert. This was just Page shopping. I guess what bothers me the most is that the original twitter post named the specific book store. The man is entitled to some privacy.

Is it just me or does anyone else think this post crossed the line? This wasn't a public event like a comic book convention or a concert. This was just Page shopping. I guess what bothers me the most is that the original twitter post named the specific book store. The man is entitled to some privacy.

To be honest with you, yes I agree that the post crossed the line. That's why I try not to share the exact location unless it's an airport or a large event. I didn't share the photo of Jimmy shopping a while back as, for me at least, it crosses the line.

The information was available on the internet. Why don't you contact the person who put the information on the public internet, and give them your opinion. I think I know what there answer would be.

You are bothered? Why are you bothered when you easily made the most intrusive post on the thread this week by asking another member at post 133:-

1) How old is your mother?

2) Is she British?

3) Does she regularly frequent the cafe where you ran into Jimmy Page?

4) How old are you and your brother?

That post crossed the line bigtime, and the member was entitled to defend her privacy from you.

I think you will find that throughout this site the specific names of restaurants and other shops where JPP has been spotted by members of the public (even streetmarkets) have been named.

Is Jimmy out record shopping newsworthy? We must be hard up, though I am sure Ross would be flattered. :D Meanwhile, the articale I posted was published today with Jimmy and Lez Zeppelin was more fun and of course was ignored.

Is Jimmy out record shopping newsworthy? We must be hard up, though I am sure Ross would be flattered. :D Meanwhile, the articale I posted was published today with Jimmy and Lez Zeppelin was more fun and of course was ignored.

Just about to read it, sorry for not getting back to you, been rather busy.

Just read through the Independent piece, most interesting part for me was that Jimmy did an interview with a journalist days after the show to promote Lez Zeppelin.

Also, some slightly misleading comments from the group saying that they didn't know Jimmy would be there. It was organised in advance. I had an email from their PR team telling me that 4 days before the show.

Just read through the Independent piece, most interesting part for me was that Jimmy did an interview with a journalist days after the show to promote Lez Zeppelin.

Also, some slightly misleading comments from the group saying that they didn't know Jimmy would be there. It was organised in advance. I had an email from their PR team telling me that 4 days before the show.

That's why I put it here. I also thought it was interesting Jimmy did an interview promoting them too. Well, that would be misleading. I also loved her comments to Jimmy after the show about playing him. His reaction to them was interesting to me.

I had already posted the Independent newspaper article about an hour before you did. The Moderator moved it to the 'Jimmy at the Lez Zeppelin gig' thread which he must have thought was the most appropriate place. A couple of members posted their responses, shortly after. So, it is not a question of being more fun and ignored - you posted an item which was already on the forums.

We all love your posts here Aen. If you had posted the item first, then people would have commented on it - they wouldn't ignore it.

Yes, we probably are hard up for news, but until the remastered boxed sets see the light of day, it is likely to stay that way.

I am sure we would all rather post that JPP has been spotted at a recording studio.

I am delighted to accept your 'friend request'. :friends:

I had already posted the Independent newspaper article about an hour before you did. The Moderator moved it to the Jimmy at the Lez Zeppelin gig thread which he must have thought was the most appropriate place. A couple of members posted their responses, shortly after. So, it is not a question of being more fun and ignored - you posted an item which was already on the forums.

We all love your posts here A. If you had posted the item first, then people would have commented on it - they wouldn't ignore it.

Yes, we probably are hard up for news, but until the remastered boxed sets see the light of day, it is likely to stay that way.

I am sure we would all rather post that JPP has been spotted at a recording studio.

I appreaciate it, kenog. Thanks. I saw your post in the other thread too late, unfortunately.

There are numerous detailed references on this site to restaurants, shops, markets, bootleg stores, and record fair premises visited by JPP, and indeed include specific names. Ross Halfin often gives the name of the restaurant visited. Here are a couple of existing threads as an example:-

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/14624-jimmy-page-shopping-in-nishi-shinjuko-tokyo-12708/?hl=%2Bjimmy+%2Bshopping

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/17683-jimmy-page-goes-shopping/?hl=%2Bjimmy+%2Bshopping

The information was already posted on the internet, and as you said in response to another member:-

“...If it's reported online, or shared publicly, I'll share it here. .

'invade Page's privacy'

Again, check what is and isn't shared.”

There is a photograph on this site of you standing in front of the Tower House. There are those who would consider that to cross the line because it is someone's private residence, not a public building.

To be honest with you, yes I agree that the post crossed the line. That's why I try not to share the exact location unless it's an airport or a large event. I didn't share the photo of Jimmy shopping a while back as, for me at least, it crosses the line.

There is a photograph on this site of you standing in front of the Tower House. There are those who would consider that to cross the line because it is someone's private residence, not a public building.

The street is open to public. That photo was shot from the street, not from inside the house.

Yes,

It is patently obvious that it is taken from the street. Not even a blind man would think it was an interior shot. But when discussing crossing the line, it is still highlighting someone's private residence where they live with their family, and putting it on a public forum.

The street is open to public. That photo was shot from the street, not from inside the house.

Isn't this precisely the point others are trying to make? Both places open to the public but some are saying one is a violation of privacy while the other is not. I would have more of an expectation of privacy at my home than at a public store. Either way, saying you saw someone at a book store is no big deal is it?

I do know how to do a Google search. I am well aware of the number of items, photographs and YouTube videos of the property. I really couldn't care less. But when someone wants to say that another member's post 'crosses the line' because it mentions the name of a bookshop, then I will relate what I believe is an invasion of privacy, particularly since JPP was standing in his front garden.

As I have stated above, the specific names of commercial premises visited by band members have been posted on here on many occasions for a long time.

Just type "The Tower House" in Google. There are tons of exterior shots of that house.

I do know how to do a Google search. I am well aware of the number of items, photographs and YouTube videos of the property. I really couldn't care less. But when someone wants to say that another member's post 'crosses the line' because it mentions the name of a bookshop, then I will relate what I believe is an invasion of privacy, particularly since JPP was standing in his front garden.

What photo are you referring to? I don't see anyone in the front garden in the photo that Cookie posted.

He isn't captured in the photo - but he was around the front of the property at the time. It is in the text of the article.

What photo are you referring to? I don't see anyone in the front garden in the photo that Cookie posted.

Yeah, let's get back to the topic.

https://twitter.com/LedZepNews/status/355866636705742848

Page corroborates their story. “They played the Led Zeppelin music with an extraordinary sensuality,” he proclaims, some days later. “They certainly played with an energy and passion that highlighted their superb musicianship.”

I can't believe I'm reading this.

Archived