Jimmy's best live solos

Geezer

-BBC In Concert, 1971: Thank You (with help from JPJ on Hammond Organ and use of the leslie)

-Orlando '71: Thank You (help from John Bonham, who is going berserk)

-OTHAFA from one of the best '77 shows (a MSG gig, or 6/21 or 6/23) These always defined Jimmy to me... Seemed to add such darkness to this badass song

-No Quarter from the original TSRTS album (equally great as 7/28 uncut, just prefer the better sound quality)

(as I may have said before, almost anything he played live between '68- late '72, as this was his and the bands peak IMO)

I may add to this topic later, but to conclude my post

re: "Jimmy's best live solos"

The Royal Albert Hall show, 1970. Fucker was killin' it. His "best solo" is really just a combination of his playing with JB/JPJ's.

No problem! Anything I can do to help! :P

Sue...

-that video is suitable for the question about best solo and best fills and turns for a drummer ever. The tightrope constructed of power, finesse, jazz, poise and joy. Thank you for the reminder.

• 1 year later...

-BBC In Concert, 1971: Thank You (with help from JPJ on Hammond Organ and use of the leslie)

-Orlando '71: Thank You (help from John Bonham, who is going berserk)

-OTHAFA from one of the best '77 shows (a MSG gig, or 6/21 or 6/23) These always defined Jimmy to me... Seemed to add such darkness to this badass song

-No Quarter from the original TSRTS album (equally great as 7/28 uncut, just prefer the better sound quality)

(as I may have said before, almost anything he played live between '68- late '72, as this was his and the bands peak IMO)

I may add to this topic later, but to conclude my post

re: "Jimmy's best live solos"

The Royal Albert Hall show, 1970. Fucker was killin' it. His "best solo" is really just a combination of his playing with JB/JPJ's.

:goodpost: This guy gets it!

More to come once I switch gears from Primus to Zep lol... :PB)

I agree with Zeps 69-72 peak for all members but take Plant out of the equation and i would thrown in 73 and im back and forth on saying 75 i mean i really like it but not sure if all would agree... I guess to point out 75 that STH on the Dvd for earls court rips... I play a lot of guitar and my hands would fall apart playing an epic solo like that

Archived