Robert Plant to play London show as part of Bluesfest London 2013 at the Royal Albert Hall

Cookie0024

Robert Plant, Van Morrison, more for London Royal Albert Hall Bluesfest

Robert Plant, Bobby Womack and Van Morrison have been announced for a four-day blues-inspired festival at London's Royal Albert Hall.

Other artists to play Bluesfest 2013 from Tuesday, October 29 to Friday, November 1 include Gregory Porter, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Mavis Staples and Chris Rea.

Festival director Leo Green said: "I am thrilled that Bluesfest London 2013 lineup includes some true icons of Blues & Soul, as well as some of the greatest artists the following generations have to offer.

"We look forward to welcoming you all to the Royal Albert Hall for a superb BluesFest London 2013."

Tickets for the third Bluesfest go on sale this Friday, July 19 at 9am and are priced from £30 for headline shows, with daytime stroller tickets available for £10.

In addition to performances in the main hall, events will take place in other rooms around the venue during the day, including intimate sessions from James Hunter, Marcus Bonfanti, Georgie Fame, Huey Morgan, Dr Feelgood and others.

Journalist David Hepworth will also conduct a series of "in conversation with..." events.

An all-star lineup will perform on Friday in honour of the late Bobby Bland.

The full lineup is as follows:
Tuesday, October 29
1pm: Ray Gelato Giants, Oli Brown Band, Matt Schofield Band, Smoove & Turrell, Nate James
6.15pm: Tedeschi Trucks Band & Special Guest Mavis Staples & Her Band
10.30pm: Bobby Womack

Wednesday, October 30
1pm: James Hunter Six, Dr Feelgood, Marcus Bonfanti Band, Jo Harman, Natalie Williams, Lianne Carroll
6.45pm: Van Morrison
10pm: PM Show: Gregory Porter & His Band

Thursday, October 31
1pm: Royal Southern Brotherhood, Georgie Fame, Ian Seigal, Ben Poole, World Party
6.45pm: Chris Rea
10pm: Robert Plant Presents Sensational Space Shifters

Friday, November 1
1pm: Huey Morgan & The New Yorkers, Cerys Matthews, Nell Brydon, The Motives feat Matt Taylor, Jess Roberts
6.45pm: All Star Tribute to Bobby Bland

SOURCE: Digital Spy - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a498672/robert-plant-van-morrison-more-for-london-royal-albert-hall-bluesfest.html

Got a seat in row 17 of the arena in the Livenation presale. £75 including fees. When I asked for the next price up, I was offered a seat in a box. The next price down was in the circle (or whatever it's called at the RAH). I didn't look to see where the £160 seats are.

£75 for a decent seat, a show that ends after midnight on a school night, a venue that holds 5,500 people. I can't see this selling out.

Got a seat in row 17 of the arena in the Livenation presale. £75 including fees. When I asked for the next price up, I was offered a seat in a box. The next price down was in the circle (or whatever it's called at the RAH). I didn't look to see where the £160 seats are.

£75 for a decent seat, a show that ends after midnight on a school night, a venue that holds 5,500 people. I can't see this selling out.

Wow, thanks for that. Good to know.

Archived