Harvey Weinstein claims that :'Jimmy Page's Lawyer Ended Led Zeppelin Reunion Dream'

slave to zep

The Kennedy Center Honors event was Dec. 2, when Weinstein, Clinton, and Obama cornered the Zeppelin gents and tried to strong-arm them into doing a HUGE benefit show at Madison Square Garden...in 10 days.

Were they crazy? Seriously?

Jimmy should have rightly not only said no...he should have laughed right in their faces.

10 days to put a Led Zeppelin reunion together? Dream on, guys...and next time, if you want to try and get Zeppelin, give them a few months notice for fuck's sake.

L,

Thanks for quantifying the time frame.

I knew it had to be a ridiculously short amount of time between the "invitation" to play and the actual event! But you are right, they had to have been asked during the KCH event.

I really do wish someone would call Weinstein out on this one. What an absolute jerk!

• 1 month later...

why does everyone think so hard and try to analyse everything. all Zeppelin are people to and will do what they do. as far as im concerned they aint got it wrong yet. they give us great music leave it at that and chill. :bubble:

This is what we do here - analyze everything. We like it.

I heard Jimmy Page has arthritis and cannot play guitar anymore or not very well. Maybe he did not want to do the concert since people would compare his skills to those when he was a young man. Also, Jimmy does so many charities and helps the poor children in Brazil and Thailand and other places so I am sure he would have done this if he was able since it was a charity show. He looks pretty healthy in photos but he could have something going on health wise internally that would not be obvious. He is 70 right? Or almost 70? So he probably has some health issues related to long term heroin and alcohol abuse when he was young. I think it is the arthritis/tendonitis in hands and arms that prevents the "solos" now and other complicated guitar playing. Jeff Beck is still playing like he is 35 though and looks so young but never degraded his playing skills (Jeff stayed away from drugs--smart guy) or maybe he does not have arthritis. I did read a quote I liked about Jimmy the other night. It said he "loves helping people". I saw an interview he gave with the director of Outside Edge Theatre Group. It is online and very interesting. Jimmy talks about addiction with the director and how people are "ill, not bad". It is another charity he supports. Jimmy turned out to be a good guy.

I heard Jimmy Page has arthritis

. I think it is the arthritis/tendonitis in hands and arms that prevents the "solos" now and other complicated guitar playing.

Where does this arthritis rumour come from? Are any of you guys his doctor (in which case you shouldn't be posting)? I don't know where such a rumour would come from as I can only think he'd keep any health problems more secret than he keeps his other plans - so who's saying it exactly and what are they basing it on ?

All I know is that we've all seen his performance ( with a recently broken finger) in Celebration Day, and two years ago I saw his electrifying playing with Roy Harper.

Possibly both were supported by painkillers and cortisone injections, possibly not .. we just don't know, do we??

In the recent past, he's shown he can play - who among us knows whether health makes that harder than it was? I think there are other issues: the right occasion, and the right collaborators, being the most important ones.

I am curious to know how the arthitis rumor has been confirmed. He did have a back problem that cut the Black Crowes tour short. He has said so many times that he wants to get out and play. He is almost 70 (in January) but as was said earlier he knows he can still play. What I don't understand is how can his lawyer be making descions for Jimmy and overruling Peter Mensch? Jimmy should be able to make his own. Since when hasn't he?

Where does this arthritis rumour come from?

It's toxic sludge produced by internet discussion forums, though I did take notice of Jimmy massaging his hands in concert as far back as 1995. However, if Robert Plant had returned to the fold in 2008 Jimmy probably would have played every hockey arena in the world twice by now. Is there really any doubt about that? Regardless, Robert didn't so Jimmy hasn't.

• 4 years later...

Archived