Conspiracy Theories...

kingzoso

I think that this may be an interesting topic to start:

I am a voracious reader of subjects that interest me, be it fact or fiction. That being said, I like to read about so-called conspiracy theories that people (mainly Americans) believe to be abound and possibly covered-up by the United States government. Anyone else on this forum feel/think the same way?

Conspiracy theories ranging from Roswell, New Mexico to 9/11. Any and all that anyone considers a conspiracy whether it is from hundreds of years ago up to and including the present day.

I will start and make mine simple:

I truly believe that the United States of America has and continues to have vast amounts of contact with "aliens" from other realms of the Universe (obviously not the entire government but only a select few within the government). I believe that this has been happening since the late 1940's when Harry Truman was President. I believe in all the stories and hype about Area 51. Call me Crazy but I read enough and watch all the the shows about UFO's to rationally realize that the whole universe(s) or galaxies are too BIG to hold only Human life.

That was my example. If anyone cares to reply to this topic, please do and remember that this is a topic about conspiracy theories and not just about UFO's/Aliens.

I guess the UFO conspiracy theories are harmless enough. Conspiracies around 9/11 and the moon landings etc, are more pernicious and it gradually erodes trust in politicians. Be skeptical and don't just take people's word for it - yes - but there has to be a point when you accept the findings of investigations. To the more extreme, the conspiracy becomes an unfalsifiable idea in their mind: If someone denies something "well you would say that" everything is a cover-up in their paranoid world and everyone is involved in clandestine meetings in darkened rooms with the sole purpose of perverting the "truth"

Sure, there have been cover ups down the years, but I honestly don't believe that if UFOs had landed you would be able to keep that under wraps since the 1940's without something definitive leaking out. If there were Aliens and Alien ships at Area 51, there would need to have been more than a "select few" involved in that, surely?

The government has benefited from all the UFO claims and sightings because it takes attention away from what it really going on out there in the desert - namely the testing of new military hardware and aircraft. The UFO nuts have created a nice smoke screen for them and I wouldn't be surprised if the military purposely leak things out to allow the UFO myths and theories to propagate.

America though, is a strange place, a place where some people refuse to believe that a man landed on the moon 44 years ago, yet 48 percent apparently believe that a man who died 2000 years ago shall return to the planet in the next 40 years and take them all away to magical happy land.

Anyway, these are worth a watch...

I believe that many famous musicians (particularly the 27 club) are/were involved in mind control to change the attitudes of the general populace. They say that they die at 27 because that is the age at which they are less able to be controlled.

I love conspiracy theories, though I believe most are bullshit. My favorite is the one about how reptilians actually control the world and that the royal family of Britain are the head lizards, kinda like in that old series V. Supposedly old Queen Elizabeth herself has been seen to transform into a lizard form time to time. I guess that explains Prince Charles :sos:

The shit people believe is simply amazing. And WTF about the alien butt probes? WTF is that all about? Why would an alien fly or transport or whatever the fuck they do 100 light years just to stick a probe up someones ass??? Is the universe home to a bunch of extras from Tarantino films?

Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead!

Everything conspiracy related to the JFK murder is ridiculous.

I don't know about the involvement of the Mob, Fidel Castro, a 2nd gunman at the grassy knoll etc,,,

The lone gunman theory has been proven to my satisfaction..

But one thing I believe pretty strongly is that Lee Harvey Oswald was silenced by Jack Ruby.

edit to add.. Jack Ruby did not act out of revenge or to spare The First Lady the strain of a long trial.

He killed Oswald to keep him quiet.

Nope, and you know why? Because it's a conspiracy.

There's an old guy at McDonald's who SWEARS that 9-11 was an inside job. He says he has 4 books on it that TELL THE TRUTH!!!!!!

He also said the A-Bomb on Japan was totally unnecessary because the Japanese were "ready to surrender" to the U.S. and didn't want to surrender to the Russians because of when they beat the Russians in the early 1900's. Sounds like bogus crapola to me. Japan was not going to surrender to anyone and if anyone didn't want to surrender to the Russians it was the Germans.

How far down the never ending rabbit hole will one travel? I guess someone will claim the water car exists, and is sitting in a barn in Saskatchewan? Conspiracy theorists are not completely there. The theorists for whatever reason always blame someone else because the theorists never worked hard enough in whatever profession, and refused to jump at opportunity when it presented itself and so the theorists is always looking for a reason to lay blame at some group of men and women who have chosen destiny for others…It’s one big rabbit hole…

There's an old guy at McDonald's who SWEARS that 9-11 was an inside job. He says he has 4 books on it that TELL THE TRUTH!!!!!!

He also said the A-Bomb on Japan was totally unnecessary because the Japanese were "ready to surrender" to the U.S. and didn't want to surrender to the Russians because of when they beat the Russians in the early 1900's. Sounds like bogus crapola to me. Japan was not going to surrender to anyone and if anyone didn't want to surrender to the Russians it was the Germans.

i think that the whole truth has not been told about 9-11.

there are a lot of things that don't add up, imho.

As far as Alien abduction goes...

A lot of people who claim this just want to be known for something.. whether they believe it or not...

to get their 15 minutes and a tell all book.

There are some that are just kooks...

Then... there are some that really believe this happened to them..

I believe the late Betty Hill was telling what she thought was the truth. She believes it happened.

So it was something she either dreamed, hallucinated, was mis-lead while under hypnosis or it really happened..

There's no doubt in my mind she believed it..

As far as Alien abduction goes...

A lot of people who claim this just want to be known for something.. whether they believe it or not...

to get their 15 minutes and a tell all book.

There are some that are just kooks...

Then... there are some that really believe this happened to them..

I believe the late Betty Hill was telling what she thought was the truth. She believes it happened.

So it was something she either dreamed, hallucinated, was mis-lead while under hypnosis or it really happened..

There's no doubt in my mind she believed it..

i guess we don't truly know about something until and unless it happens to us.

i think Betty and Barney were indeed telling what they believed in. people that tell these stories cop a hell of a lot of flack, i would never make something up about this kind of thing - just not worth it.

the K word has already pooped up here .... :(

i guess we don't truly know about something until and unless it happens to us.

i think Betty and Barney were indeed telling what they believed in. people that tell these stories cop a hell of a lot of flack, i would never make something up about this kind of thing - just not worth it.

the K word has already pooped up here .... :(

yes... By me.. Some ARE kooks.. That's ok.. I don't mean anything bad by it..

Some are telling what they honestly believe is the truth.

yes... By me.. Some ARE kooks.. That's ok.. I don't mean anything bad by it..

Some are telling what they honestly believe is the truth.

yes, by you. but there will be others, there always is.

people fear what they don't understand, and push it away so they don't have to deal with it.

i'm not saying i believe EVERY story, i don't.

but my mind is open to the possibilities ....

i hope this thread doesn't turn to crap like the other ones did because of rudeness ...

( i don't mean you, chase :) )

i think that the whole truth has not been told about 9-11.

there are a lot of things that don't add up, imho.

The one I've probably heard the most was there were explosives inside the towers that helped the collapse. But as a construction worker familiar with steel insulation, when the planes crashed into the buildings they tore that away in sections and the high heat melted the steel causing the collapse.

What are some things you think don't add up?

Sure, there have been cover ups down the years, but I honestly don't believe that if UFOs had landed you would be able to keep that under wraps since the 1940's without something definitive leaking out. If there were Aliens and Alien ships at Area 51, there would need to have been more than a "select few" involved in that, surely?

The government has benefited from all the UFO claims and sightings because it takes attention away from what it really going on out there in the desert - namely the testing of new military hardware and aircraft. The UFO nuts have created a nice smoke screen for them and I wouldn't be surprised if the military purposely leak things out to allow the UFO myths and theories to propagate.

Well, something is going on at Area 51, because a plane flies employees to and from work there each day from Las Vegas.

I don't know if anyone here has served in the Air Force, but I heard once that the reference manual contains a chapter dedicated to procedure to follow in the event of contact with extraterrestrials.

I figure the universe is too big for us to be the only sentient life anywhere.

Actually, that's not true. Japan and the United States did hold secret peace talks prior to Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The problem was the Japanese wanted their emperor to remain in power, not as a sign of continuing the Japanese war effort but because the Emperor was viewed as a living God among the Japanese people. It would preserve the honor of the people and any military surrender would be better tolerated. The United States refused and demanded all state/military power cease in it's capacity. The Japanese refused. MacArthur wrote about this some years later and he said that had the United States agreed to the initial Japanese agreement, the atomic bombs would likely never have been used.

Of course, the argument can be made we used them to show our muscle against Stalin. The evidence is there to support that theory.

Archived