Conspiracy Theories...

kingzoso

So that would make curiosity a purely human trait?

I don't think it's unusual or conceitedly presumptive to imagine that an alien species - were they aware of us - would want to observe us.

Particularly since they would almost certainly have to be more technologically advanced than we are to be aware of us in the first place.

We'd probably be at least as interesting to them as the idea of intelligent alien life is to us.

No, I think curiosity is the key to our evolution. Curiosity spurred the need to innovate and innovation has been the driving force behind every single thing that makes up the human condition.

That being said, I've experienced some close encounters with objects in the sky I certainly can't explain (and that's from someone who has lived next to an Air Force base for 30 years). I do believe there is something else out there. I would just caution allowing our curiosity to write fact before anything has been proven to exist.

When the laws of Physics change,let me know.,

the laws of physics apply to us.

who knows what happens in other parts of the universe, or indeed, OTHER universes .....

you think another species can't visit us because they couldn't travel the distance, is that right?

you have to think about them being millions, even BILLIONS of years ahead in their technologies, their evolution.....

who knows what happens in other parts of the universe, or indeed, OTHER universes .....

you think another species can't visit us because they couldn't travel the distance, is that right?

you have to think about them being millions, even BILLIONS of years ahead in their technologies, their evolution.....

The speed of light to them , maybe like the speed of sound to us .. even if they could travel at them sort of speeds imagine the impact of space debris ?

Actually, that's not true. Japan and the United States did hold secret peace talks prior to Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The problem was the Japanese wanted their emperor to remain in power, not as a sign of continuing the Japanese war effort but because the Emperor was viewed as a living God among the Japanese people. It would preserve the honor of the people and any military surrender would be better tolerated. The United States refused and demanded all state/military power cease in it's capacity. The Japanese refused. MacArthur wrote about this some years later and he said that had the United States agreed to the initial Japanese agreement, the atomic bombs would likely never have been used.

Of course, the argument can be made we used them to show our muscle against Stalin. The evidence is there to support that theory.

No matter what the books say my personal feeling is that the Japanese would never had surrendered no matter what and that includes the civilian population. They were all bound by the Bushido code and were prepared to die for the emperor with a homeland invasion by the allies. This of course caused a lot of dread for the Americans fighting in Europe. I'm sure they would have also fought the Russians with the same tenacity as they did the Americans. I wonder how many committed sucide after the emperor announced the surrender?

When the laws of Physics change,let me know.

Nothing to do with physics since the speed of light does not need to be broken. In Warp Drive (Alcubierre drive engine) is not only theoretically feasable but is in the developmental stages right now. Folding space and wormholes are also viable alternatives. No need to break the laws of physics when one can circumnavigate them with ease, especially with a good 500 year or greater technological edge on us.

No matter what the books say my personal feeling is that the Japanese would never had surrendered no matter what and that includes the civilian population. They were all bound by the Bushido code and were prepared to die for the emperor with a homeland invasion by the allies. This of course caused a lot of dread for the Americans fighting in Europe. I'm sure they would have also fought the Russians with the same tenacity as they did the Americans. I wonder how many committed sucide after the emperor announced the surrender?

I respect your personal feelings on the matter but you answer your own question there. Indeed, the Japanese population were prepared to die for their Emperor. But they would have also surrendered for their Emperor. The Japanese military considered assassinating him in hopes of rallying the population against ALL enemy combatants, foreign and domestic, because they did not want to end the war.

The Americans, indeed, had tremendous wariness when it came to invading Japan. Remember, the Japanese were portrayed about as equal as to African-Americans had been throughout American history. By contrast, the German Army were portrayed as an equal fighting force to the Allies while the Japanese were a fierce, savage and inhumane people.

I recall reading there were Japanese who did take their own lives out of an oath to honor (in their view) but also, the absolute shock of devastation at Hiroshima and Nagasaki completely brought the entire island of Japan to its knees. It definitely saved the lives of our planned invading forces. And everyone from that generation justifies our decision to use the bomb. I can't argue their perspective. But I also can't overlook our own decision to use the bomb when Japan showed they were willing to surrender before we used them.

The one I've probably heard the most was there were explosives inside the towers that helped the collapse. But as a construction worker familiar with steel insulation, when the planes crashed into the buildings they tore that away in sections and the high heat melted the steel causing the collapse.

What are some things you think don't add up?

I remember a structural engineer commented on the collapse of the Twin Towers on CNN a few days after 9/11. In his opinion, "catastrophic failure" was inevitable once the burning jet fuel heated the buildings' steel infrastructure past a certain point. Mohammed Atta, one of the 9/11 ringleaders, studied architecture in Egypt and Germany. He would have learned a lot about building design and construction during the course of his studies.

Dinosaurs killed other dinosaurs; birds kill other birds, fish kill other fish, Neanderthal and human killed each other, and bacteria kill other bacteria. We better hope that some species IF it exists doesn’t travel the great distance to earth, because it won’t be pretty what it will do to us. We need to stop saying, ‘hey come visit us’ – dumb idea!

If they were billions of years ahead in their technology; which presumably they would have to be traverse the universe mutilating cows and abducting Cletus out in Wyoming - It begs the question, why are they bothering? we would be so primitive by comparison. Therefore, I agree with a previous poster that it's just another example of human ego gone mad to think we're the most fascinating thing in the entire universe and something worth "observing"

Dinosaurs killed other dinosaurs; birds kill other birds, fish kill other fish, Neanderthal and human killed each other, and bacteria kill other bacteria. We better hope that some species IF it exists doesn’t travel the great distance to earth, because it won’t be pretty what it will do to us. We need to stop saying, ‘hey come visit us’ – dumb idea!

Yeah, but America would save the planet by flying into their mothership and giving them a computer virus. A la Independence Day. Or the Aliens would get here and find they have an aversion to water, a la Signs. We'd survive cause we're awesome 'n' stuff.

If they were billions of years ahead in their technology; which presumably they would have to be traverse the universe mutilating cows and abducting Cletus out in Wyoming - It begs the question, why are they bothering? we would be so primitive by comparison. Therefore, I agree with a previous poster that it's just another example of human ego gone mad to think we're the most fascinating thing in the entire universe and something worth "observing"

we observe bacteria, don't we?

i don't agree with that at all. they could be just exploring the galaxy, the universe ....

You completely miss the obvious conclusion:

Aliens like a good steak just like everyone else and are willing to travel light years for some bad ass Kobe beef.

And...They are REALLY into anal!

we observe bacteria, don't we?

i don't agree with that at all. they could be just exploring the galaxy, the universe ....

We do, but we don't have to travel light years to do it. They could just be exploring but we're led to believe they are here on a regular basis.

You completely miss the obvious conclusion:

Aliens like a good steak just like everyone else and are willing to travel light years for some bad ass Kobe beef.

And...They are REALLY into anal!

I wonder if there is any "evidence" in the literature of Aliens abducting adult females and getting them to dress up in school girl uniforms - It must of happened. The truth is out there.

We do, but we don't have to travel light years to do it. They could just be exploring but we're led to believe they are here on a regular basis.

it could be our race returning ( time travel )

it could be many different species, not the same ones all the time

it could be that they are watching for an on-going experiment ( i think we would get a very low score, :( )

it could be our race returning ( time travel )

it could be many different species, not the same ones all the time

it could be that they are watching for an on-going experiment ( i think we would get a very low score, :( )

Well yeah, it could be anything in the imagination of our minds - anything is possible. I said earlier in the thread that

I think to get from "they are out there" to "they are here, or have been here" is a big leap and there is no credible evidence for that.

All of this (especially your third scenario) taps into a human need to feel there is someone (or something) of a higher intelligence "out there" watching us, and concerned with all the trivial things we do because we are really special and important - maybe even guiding us and intervening.

Well yeah, it could be anything in the imagination of our minds - anything is possible. I said earlier in the thread that

I think to get from "they are out there" to "they are here, or have been here" is a big leap and there is no credible evidence for that.

All of this (especially your third scenario) taps into a human need to feel there is someone (or something) of a higher intelligence "out there" watching us, and concerned with all the trivial things we do because we are really special and important - maybe even guiding us and intervening.

mate, you are missing the whole point.

it has nothing to do with us thinking we are important - the numbers , the maths, the science just add up to us NOT being that important, that there are others out there.

As a rule, I don't place much stock in conspiracy theories. IMO, humans being what we are, someone will always talk sooner or later. I don't believe you can keep something that big a secret forever. Here is a rundown of where I stand on the most common conspiracy theories:

9/11- Osama bin Laden and his lackies were responsible, not the CIA or Mossad.

Aliens Among Us - I don't think so. However, I believe that at least some of the people who report seeing aliens are sincere.

JFK's Assassination - I'm leaning towards Oswald acting alone but there are some troubling inconsistencies and unanswered questions.

RFK's Assassination - Sirhan Sirhan acted alone, imo.

Martin Luther King Junior's Assassination - I don't know. James Earl Ray may have acted alone. However, there were a lot of people who hated King and his message. His final speech could lead one to conclude that he knew the end was coming. A deeply religious man speaking metaphorically? Or did he suspect someone had targeted him for assassination?

Aliens Among Us - I don't think so. However, I believe that at least some of the people who report seeing aliens are sincere.

I tend to believe the Nazi's were from another planet. They definitely weren't human that's for sure.

I was looking for UFO reports online and found this , I thought of this thread as soon as I saw it:

Mysterious Pentagram on Google Maps Explained

http://news.yahoo.com/mysterious-pentagram-google-maps-explained-143152708.html

yeah, i saw that on facebook, and dismissed it. i thought it was something man-made.

thanks, zepscoda :)

Archived