Best Led Zeppelin covers.

coogeeboy

Have to say that Anne Wilson's Immigrant Song is amazing, love the acousticness of it. In a previous issue of Classic Rock Magazine there was a Zeppelin covers CD free with it and standout tracks were Pig iron's cover of When The Levee Breaks, Joe Bonamassa's Tea For One (astonishing!) Gotthard's Immigrant Song and Zakk Wylde's In My Time Of Dying.

here's some that are worth checking out:

dave matthews does a decent "tangerine" live

train does a soppy "ramble on"

puddle of mudd does a passable "thank you" live, but passable because page is on it...

zakk wylde does a real strong "gtbt"

mojo nixon does a version of "leeve breaks" that starts out

with him screaming "robert plantttt is a mother@#$%!!!!!!"

but if i were to dig in my pocket and actually pay for anybody ELSE doing zep...

it would be for dread zeppelin...what a smart and musical take/parody on the whole thing

reggae zep with elvis impersonator lead singer....

"heartbreaker" is a riot!!!

my 2ps

Gadsmack covering good times bad times AND naming their best of cd GTBT is an amazing amt of audacity.

WOW

Zepp opens their one off reuinion show with GTBT claiming ownership of it and radio still plays the smack crap.

the cover itself wasn't ruined by the band, the band tries to cover it as precise as possible and the vocalist has zero for a range, so it sounds ok musicaly, vocals are lame, but it offers nothing more than zepp ever did.

when VH covered the kinks you really got me, they made a great song better

when hendrix covered Dylan he made a great song better

when zepp used various songs on 1,2, and so on, they took each song and put there own stamp on it, and made a great song

Smack sucks. just as Guns and Roses did a exact replica of 'live and let die' adding nothing to it, sucksmack did a re-recording of GTBT and added nothing. just a cover like any local bar band trying to sound like the original

If I were a radio station I would pull the sucksmack GTBT from the rotation after the 02 show by zepp.

It is horrible how the suck band is trying to grab some $$ out of the zepp sound now they exhausted the Alice n Chains sound they based their 5 records on, and stole the name of their band from one of the AIC lyrics, that suck band makes me sick they are such disgustingly blatant rip off scheisters, YUK

my .02 cents

There are good covers? Interesting. Led Zeppelin to me is one of those bands who I would prefer not have their catalogue covered. Something about not being able to come close to the original, so don't even try.

I tend to agree, with Zep the performance/arrangement was almost always the strongest point of a track which doesnt leave much room for someone else to improve on them.

Tools version of NQ was pretty good and I'v got a live version of Ramble On by Phish that I enjoy but I can't think of any others I like much.

Gadsmack covering good times bad times AND naming their best of cd GTBT is an amazing amt of audacity.

WOW

Zepp opens their one off reuinion show with GTBT claiming ownership of it and radio still plays the smack crap.

the cover itself wasn't ruined by the band, the band tries to cover it as precise as possible and the vocalist has zero for a range, so it sounds ok musicaly, vocals are lame, but it offers nothing more than zepp ever did.

when VH covered the kinks you really got me, they made a great song better

when hendrix covered Dylan he made a great song better

when zepp used various songs on 1,2, and so on, they took each song and put there own stamp on it, and made a great song

Smack sucks. just as Guns and Roses did a exact replica of 'live and let die' adding nothing to it, sucksmack did a re-recording of GTBT and added nothing. just a cover like any local bar band trying to sound like the original

If I were a radio station I would pull the sucksmack GTBT from the rotation after the 02 show by zepp.

It is horrible how the suck band is trying to grab some $$ out of the zepp sound now they exhausted the Alice n Chains sound they based their 5 records on, and stole the name of their band from one of the AIC lyrics, that suck band makes me sick they are such disgustingly blatant rip off scheisters, YUK

my .02 cents

wow.

strong godsmack haterade.

It's a pretty solid cover IMO, and comes off more as paying homage than ripping off.

Lighten up, snapperhead.

/diceman

yup- dont care for GS at all, they are rock n roll leaches, simple as that.

nothin original, just distilling the best of groups that were very edgy or unique and dumbing it down to a wall of sound rendition of something that took talent to create

The best cover of a Zeppelin song is "Dancing Days" by the Stone Temple Pilots. As much as I hate to admit it...it has surpassed the original. In classic Zeppelin style they took a song and changed it around into something they really enjoyed. I`ve yet to hear the TOOL version of No Quarter. Where might one find that?

The best cover of a Zeppelin song is "Dancing Days" by the Stone Temple Pilots. As much as I hate to admit it...it has surpassed the original. In classic Zeppelin style they took a song and changed it around into something they really enjoyed. I`ve yet to hear the TOOL version of No Quarter. Where might one find that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMr8Ehwt1xc

Salival, a now OOP box set.

To me, the cover that did the most justice to Led Zeppelin is the Beastie Boys "She's Crafty". Well, it's not so much a cover as much as a sample; but it figures prominently in the song. Led Zeppelin really took it on the chin throught the early mid eighties. When the Beasities came out with Licenced to Ill in 86 they used lots of Zep cuts and references.

It felt like a vindication. Not that LZ needed one with me or my friends, but to me it marked a transendence of Led Zeppelin's music in popular culture. When I heard this I realized that the music would survive beyond the band itself.

Archived