Best Led Zeppelin covers.

coogeeboy

I have a version of U2 doing "Whole Lotta Love" on their PopMart tour from 1997. I believe it's from somewhere in Scandinavia, perhaps Stockholm. It's a couple minutes worth of it at the end of "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me". They don't take it seriously. Basically having some fun.

• 1 year later...

I have to confess that Randy Jackson with Zebra is from my home town New Orleans and I went thru the 80's seeing them over 50 times, but they are an awesome cover band when it comes to Zeppelin. Randy knows my heart is with Led Zeppelin, but his solo and Zebra 's music is awesome.

Randy Jackson - NJ Symphony - Kashmir

I have to confess that Randy Jackson with Zebra is from my home town New Orleans and I went thru the 80's seeing them over 50 times, but they are an awesome cover band when it comes to Zeppelin. Randy knows my heart is with Led Zeppelin, but his solo and Zebra 's music is awesome.

Randy Jackson - NJ Symphony - Kashmir

I have to agree. Zebra is an awesome band in their own right but they do some covers of Led Zeppelin that are truly amazing. Almost every song on their debut album, ZEBRA, there is some kind of LZ riff or sound on every song on that great debut album (or CD). I have to say that the original members of ZEBRA play their songs in the same vein as the "mighty Led Zeppelin" is because they were and are truly fans of Jimmy Page/Robert Plant/John Paul Jones/John Bonham.

Robert Kuhlmann & the Flying Boats -Down by the Seaside

from the mid 80s "The Song Retains the Name" album.

didnt find an online version tho.. but a very refreshing interpretation,

sounds almost nothing like the original.

think LZ could dig that approach to a cover.

I have to agree. Zebra is an awesome band in their own right but they do some covers of Led Zeppelin that are truly amazing. Almost every song on their debut album, ZEBRA, there is some kind of LZ riff or sound on every song on that great debut album (or CD). I have to say that the original members of ZEBRA play their songs in the same vein as the "mighty Led Zeppelin" is because they were and are truly fans of Jimmy Page/Robert Plant/John Paul Jones/John Bonham.

lzzoso- I am going to see Randy in November in Ft Lauderdale. Can't wait! I have the schedule for the next 3 months. PM me and I can send to you:-) He can still hold those high notes :yesnod:

They are better live as well IMHO.

Zebra The Ocean - Patchogue Theatre - April 11, 2009

Over the hills and far away

my personal favorite is Stone Temple Pilot's Dancing Days. It's the only cover I've heard that just might've surpassed the original. I love how they went their own way with it and made it a very different song:

other good ones:

Tool's No Quarter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdQGSykj6vo

Kashmir by Maynard James Keenan (of Tool and APC) & Janes Addiction (live)

Godsmack's Good Times Bad Times: (music starts at around :40) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpiePlaBZv0

I also like Nirvana's covers (they're not very good but Nirvana's my second favorite band, these were all played long before Nirvana became famous so are unfortunately pre- Dave Grohl... )

Immigrant Song (probably their most well known zep cover):

Heartbreaker (at their first ever concert):

How Many More Times (jam - same concert as above):

Dazed and Confused:

another cover that's worth a listen (and viewing) is Stefani Germanotta (later known as Lady Gaga) covering D'yer Maker:

• 3 weeks later...

i really enjoyed the cd emconium and especially dancing days. im gonna try to find it again somewhere i lost it along time ago. i know ill get laughed at here but i did listen to a cd of white snake doing all led zep and thought it was pretty good but that was quite a few years ago i have seen three cover bands of zeppelin and recommend all three. Zepparella all female out of san fran No quarter out of Seattle area and Led Zepagain out of L.A. area. they were all great and Jimmy even went to see Led Zepagain. check them out if you can

• 1 month later...

"Stairway to Heaven" Classical meets classic rock when the Virginia Symphony Orchestra plays the music of Led Zeppelin at the nTelos Pavilion in Portsmouth, 9/25/09. Singer Randy Jackson

Led Zeppelin "Since I've Been Loving You", performed by Randy Jackson and 'The Hartford Symphony'at The Oakdale Theater, in Wallingford, CT on 11/28/09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLuAHUDw8BI

• 2 months later...

I really like Randy Jackson's covers of the classic Led Zeppelin songs and Pink did a really good job...I was hunting around YouTube looking for gems and found this

Stefani Germanotta (pre Lady Gaga) performing Led Zeppelin's "D'yer Maker" live at the Bitter End NYC in January 2006.

It's actually not a bad cover and Dyer Maker is a tough song to pull off...

Hi -- I'm just visiting here to share an unusual bluesy, jazzy, groove improvised acoustic version of Whole Lotta Love. This was performed Feb. 27 by Adam Lambert at Fantasy Springs. There are some vocal pyrotechnics, but mostly it's cool for its sustained groovy vibe. It's still sex for your ears. I hope you enjoy it!

Here's the link:

On guitar: Monte Pittman (Madonna's guitar player)

Keys: Zac Baird (of KoRn)

Bass: Tommy Ratliff

Percussion: Longinue Parsons (of Yellowcard)

(I see someone made a post about this, but it belonged here in your discussion of covers.)

Hello, people

we have just found out this wonderful forum, members are very skilled.

We hope it's not unfair if we post something performed by ourselves. Here are the first jobs we have uploaded on Youtube,

Stairway to heaven http://www.youtube.c...h?v=eN5UexRMdS0 and

No quarter http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NYbnkj1HduI

audio quality is good, while the video recording was not planned (it's an "emergency" take)

we are also going to upload "Moby dick", "Since I've been loving you", "Whola lotta love" and something else, as we assemble them with photos, audio and video tracks; until april we'll know our summer 2010 plan, and post it.

Thank you

FlowerStone

"Stairway to Heaven" Classical meets classic rock when the Virginia Symphony Orchestra plays the music of Led Zeppelin at the nTelos Pavilion in Portsmouth, 9/25/09. Singer Randy Jackson

Led Zeppelin "Since I've Been Loving You", performed by Randy Jackson and 'The Hartford Symphony'at The Oakdale Theater, in Wallingford, CT on 11/28/09

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TLuAHUDw8BI

wonderful

Hello, people

we have just found out this wonderful forum, members are very skilled.

We hope it's not unfair if we post something performed by ourselves. Here are the first jobs we have uploaded on Youtube,

Stairway to heaven http://www.youtube.c...h?v=eN5UexRMdS0 and

No quarter http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NYbnkj1HduI

audio quality is good, while the video recording was not planned (it's an "emergency" take)

we are also going to upload "Moby dick", "Since I've been loving you", "Whola lotta love" and something else, as we assemble them with photos, audio and video tracks; until april we'll know our summer 2010 plan, and post it.

Thank you

FlowerStone

Good evening, guys

I was at a Flowerstone show on summer 2009 during my holidays in Italy and it was stunning. I guess the show that I saw is the one of this two videos. People was really excited, and the show went on for more than two hours. I'm from Germany, Led Zeppelin is my favourite band since I was 15 years old, and in Germany I watched hundreds of Zep tributes, but... Flowerstone is different, something else. Flowerstone's show sounds "professional", and the sounds are very very similar to the ones of "The song remains the same". This videos really doesn't show the deadly interpretation of the band, the camera is too far, but the audio is very good. No doubt I suggest you to GO AND SEE THEM!

Archived