2013-14 NHL SEASON

Strider

Rick, is Buffalo throwing in the towel on the season already? I can't believe they would think of trading Miller. The season has barely begun...there's still plenty of time to overcome the bad start. Plenty of teams have done it before.

If Buffalo gives up on the season so soon, will you give up on Buffalo, too?

I have been a Sabres fan since day one. Why would I give up on my team? I know this year we have no shot and we are in a total rebuild. We have 12 first and second round picks. Sandbagged. And Darcy got Moulson and two top picks for Vanek. He is likely to let Miller escape too if the return is plenty good. It had better be or Miller will stay put and wait a year or two until the picks and youth pays off. Girgensons, Foligno, Ristolanen, and Zadorov have all looked great and are all first and second year players. Foligno is the only non rookie in the bunch. The youngest team in the NHL. And they have guys to go with them that are established players. They have lost most of their games by one goal. Darcy is going to reel and deal like you have never seen over the next year to get them in shape for a very serious run at the Cup. I say a two year window and the Sabres will be ready to rumble

Moulson had a great game last night, I thought the Sabers were going to tie it up there when the Otter went to the net off of the face off in the last seconds of the 3rd.

The Sabres are on many a front page this week, and for reasons us fans are not really wanting to read. But they are gaining praise for doing the unthinkable. Doing a complete rebuild in a salary cap age that has not seen the likes of this in a long time. Not at this level. Many questions have come up. Will the Islanders be able to re sign Vanek in the summer so they do not get whacked in this deal? Will the Sabres offer a contract to Moulson? I think they will. We have the youngest team in hockey and not only alot of young talent, but 12 draft picks that are either a number 1 or 2 !! That is very very significant moving forward. It may not look like it now, but in two years, Darcy could build a monster. He has to play his cards right with the picks and his free agency decisions. As bad as our record is, we are not getting beat 6-1 or 7-2. We are getting beat 3-2 and 4-3 on a nightly basis. This means two things. We are in the games and competitive and the players have not quit on poor Rolston who may be a pawn in a larger plan? I kind of feel sorry for the guy because his ability to coach will be clouded. It sucks right now but its going to pay off in the long run. I believe in two years, nobody will want to play the Sabres

Miller gets my vote as well......how is Quick doing this year?

Here is a link to the USA and Canadian goalie rankings:

http://nhl.si.com/2013/11/06/team-usateam-canada-olympic-goalie-power-rankings-week-5/

He will never be Miller. You see what Miller does to teams in shootouts? Kills them. He stopped 47 Sharks from sinking the boat last night. We have lost about 7 games by one goal where we would have lost by 5 with another goalie.

Team USA will be announced at this year's Winter Classic........

"The 2014 U.S. Olympic men's and women's ice hockey teams will be unveiled during the NHL Winter Classic on Jan. 1, 2014, at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Mich.

Details on the roster announcements will be made at a later date"

http://www.usahockey.com/news_article/show/294463

Bring 'em on! :nhl_checking:

Well if you watched the first period, Buffalo and this young rebuilding team completely dominated the play. We had 9-2 in scoring chances and Quick is the only reason its 1-0 Kings. Miller is being rested for the Ducks game. San Jose scored first on us so its far from over.

Ha, rest my ass...Miller was afraid to go up against Quick and you know it! Quick was too quick for your Sabres. :poke:

I was at a movie and a concert all night so I had to catch the highlights. The Pacific Division is the toughest in the NHL; wouldn't you agree Ally? It's going to be brutal getting into the playoffs.

Next up for your Sabres Rick: Disneyland and Ducks.

Ha, rest my ass...Miller was afraid to go up against Quick and you know it! Quick was too quick for your Sabres. :poke:

I was at a movie and a concert all night so I had to catch the highlights. The Pacific Division is the toughest in the NHL; wouldn't you agree Ally? It's going to be brutal getting into the playoffs.

Next up for your Sabres Rick: Disneyland and Ducks.

They were not going to play Miller both nights and he just stopped 47 vs the Sharks. We outplayed you guys big time and that is just fact. But Quick had a great night. Enroth is good but he is not Miller. We have a young team rebuilding. We put up a 10 spot on your ass's a couple games back so we have beaten LA far more times than they have beaten us. You have caught us at the right time. Anaheim will be very hard to beat. Miller will have to be great and they must score. I would agree right now the Pacific is the toughest for maybe the first time in NHL history. As bad as things are right now, we are sitting here with alot of good young players, 12 number one and two draft picks, none lower than a two, and I would rather be the Sabres than the Flyers or Devils for sure.

What an embarresment in Ahaheim. Shows where we are. Cash in those fucking 12 picks Darcy. Still, had a good night on the betting side. I took Winnipeg for the first time ever and laid a goal, and smashed Nashville 5-0. Today I think Edmonton might upset the Flyers. But my better play is Minnesota over Carolina. And I laid a goal on the road to sweeten the pot. I would not touch Vancouver at LA or Wash at Phoenix. Both good games. i wonder if Brysgalov will get the start now that he has been picked up by Edmonton? If things are not bad enough in Philly. Imagine Edmonton going in there and winning with him in the pipes. They would hang Holmgren on Broad St

It's okay to whoop it up Strider :P:lol: , Your Kings gave my Canucks a deserved ass woopin' tonight !

It's too early to whoop it up. If they do it in April-May, then yes. Sorry we were so inhospitable to your Canucks over the weekend...Rick's Sabres had a similar lousy visit to Southern California, hehe.

A few years ago if you asked him who the Kings were he would tell you they play in Sacramento. Now he is talkin trash.

Puhhhlease. :rolleyes:

It was nice hosting your Sabres. Hope they enjoyed their stay in Southern California. Please come back again soon.

It's too early to whoop it up. If they do it in April-May, then yes. Sorry we were so inhospitable to your Canucks over the weekend...Rick's Sabres had a similar lousy visit to Southern California, hehe.

Puhhhlease. :rolleyes:

It was nice hosting your Sabres. Hope they enjoyed their stay in Southern California. Please come back again soon.

Well I do not pretend they are not in rebuild like you once were. We have 12 picks that are first and second rounders. That is alot. Our day is coming. We have had winning teams many more years than you guys have. One Cupt to me does not mean everything. By the way, you are in Buffalo tonight. But part of me wants us to lose because I want this coach fired. I think he will be fired but when. They Kings are still good. But I do not think good enough to win again. Too many teams. That is why when Toronto fans always talk about all their fucking Cups, they were all won with 6 teams in the league

Archived