The Greatest Film Scores According to The Telegraph

DropDown

I quite like Pi and The Wicker Man

I assume you mean the original "Wicker Man" from 1973 with Christopher Lee?

I haven't had time to check out the article, but I hope a distinction is made between films with original scores and films that are just collections of already recorded songs(e.g. "Goodfellas", "Pulp Fiction", "Dazed and Confused").

I assume you mean the original "Wicker Man" from 1973 with Christopher Lee?

I haven't had time to check out the article, but I hope a distinction is made between films with original scores and films that are just collections of already recorded songs(e.g. "Goodfellas", "Pulp Fiction", "Dazed and Confused").

Yes the music in the original " Wicker Man " really sets the tone for the whole film , Can't remember the music in the Nicholas Cage remake or the "Wicker Tree" either

Yes the music in the original " Wicker Man " really sets the tone for the whole film , Can't remember the music in the Nicholas Cage remake or the "Wicker Tree" either

I've got that "Wicker Man" soundtrack album by Magnet and Paul Giovanni...it is fantastically moody and perfect for the film.

The Cage remake is laughably bad and the music not worth remembering.

None of the choices really surprised me, though I was very happy to see A Place in the Sun so close to the top which I love. I was happy they mentioned Nino Rota, but I don't remember seeing Maurice Jarre, Miklos Rosza , Georges Delrue or Leonard Rossman for East of Eden or Frank Skinner who did Written On The Wind. Since they had so many with Marriconne, they could have picked Once Upon A Time In West, which is my favorite of his.

Archived