Jimmy walks out of Laser Light Pyramid

Watching Celebration Day DVD - again....

I notice at the end of the Dazed and Confused violin bow section with Jimmy...

The green laser light pyramid rotating around him stops, stays fully lit and in place

as the eerie green geometric shape it is - high above Jimmy.

Odd thing is Jimmy walks out of the pyramid at that point...normally he will wait until

the laser pyramid has been shut down before continuing his solo!

I believe there is great significance to him walking out of the still energized laser lights.

If you look closely at the part of the video where he comes out and tosses his violin bow

he does it with purpose and intention. Not an accident.

Some may say he was pissed because of the problems with the lasers and effects at that

point but look close and you will see him deliberately stepping out of the green pyramid

and tossing his bow. He never had done this in all the Zeppelin years previously...he always

waited until the lasers went out to move around the stage, and he never threw his bow.

Very symbolic and significant of him to do this at that point. It does have clear meaning on certain

levels of ritual attainment.

Another nirvana conspiracy theory which doesn't withstand the slightest scrutiny. The bow solo that night was plagued by technical difficulties. If it was meant to be symbolic of having deliberately brought Led Zeppelin to a close (or whatever) he wouldn't have wasted most of 2008 hoping for a reformation of the band.

Another nirvana conspiracy theory which doesn't withstand the slightest scrutiny. The bow solo that night was plagued by technical difficulties. If it was meant to be symbolic of having deliberately brought Led Zeppelin to a close (or whatever) he wouldn't have wasted most of 2008 hoping for a reformation of the band.

Steven A Jones...of all people to say that my thoughts here are another conspiracy theory. Mr. Jones who runs the Zeppelin "Mysteries" thread, Mr. Jones who is the self proclaimed "Alchemist Archivist", Mr. Jones who is well versed in Thelemic Theory and the O.T.O., now says that MY thoughts are another conspiracy thread! Really Steven....really?

Steven A Jones...of all people to say that my thoughts here are another conspiracy theory. Mr. Jones who runs the Zeppelin "Mysteries" thread, Mr. Jones who is the self proclaimed "Alchemist Archivist", Mr. Jones who is well versed in Thelemic Theory and the O.T.O., now says that MY thoughts are another conspiracy thread! Really Steven....really?

Ouch !!

Oh, brother. Where to begin? Firstly, my name is not Steven. Secondly, I don't run any threads I merely contribute to them. Thirdly, I'm not really a self proclaimed Alchemist's Archivist, I am one. Finally, I didn't say all your thoughts are conspiracy theories, but this particular topic reads like one and as such it doesn't withstand the slightest scrutiny. For what it's worth, I did find your original post interesting within the context of ritual magic, worthwhile enough to investigate further and ultimately comment upon.

Im convinced that the one thing that did go right with the laser pyramid that night was that it stopped and stayed lit until Jimmy intentionally walked through it...in magical terms this is the equivalent of stepping out of a mystic circle or the highest level of attainment in a ritual. Once free of its protective properties - there is no higher level. The magician has become the heirophant - hence the number 6 has been attained.

The hierophant's roots reach deep, entwined around secrets and traditions of the ages. He believes in ritual and ceremony. He believes in pursuing knowledge and deeper meaning, and believes in the rigidity of a belief system. He is a teacher who can help unravel mysteries. It is also time to review any rules, restrictions, or limitations you have put around your current situation. Make sure your rules are fair to everyone involved. This can lift blocks you may be experiencing on the manifestation of your goals.

Im convinced that the one thing that did go right with the laser pyramid that night was that it stopped and stayed lit until Jimmy intentionally walked through it...in magical terms this is the equivalent of stepping out of a mystic circle or the highest level of attainment in a ritual. Once free of its protective properties - there is no higher level. The magician has become the heirophant - hence the number 6 has been attained.

6's & 7's

it probably was just mistakes, but who knows for sure? only the guys, or maybe only Jimmy.

don't let saj get you down, he is like this to people who dare to have different views to his. i did that, and now i am one of the lucky ones to be on his permanent ignore list :hysterical:

as far as i know, you can and should have your own views on things. i hate it when others try to push things down your throat when in reality they don't know the answers 100% either..... and according to sam, he doesn't have any connections to the band, so he is just a member of this forum like the rest of us, and that still makes him a self-proclaimed archivist - not one sanctioned by the band. :whistling:

6's & 7's

To be "at sixes and sevens" is a British idiom used to describe a state of confusion or disarray. The phrase probably derives from a complicated dice game called "hazard". It is thought that the expression was originally "to set on cinq and six" (from the French numerals for five and six). These were considered to be the riskiest numbers to shoot for (to "set on"), and those who tried for them were considered careless or confused.

Hmm ok .. I can see that the step out of the pyramid seems very deliberate.

The casting away of the bow happens much later and seems more casually done. Any thoughts about why the two gestures might be linked... or about the bow gesture ?

I must say it is the only time I can recall Jimmy continuing to bow outside of the pyramid when the pyramid was used during the performance. I like this idea that his purposeful departure and casting the bow aside was rooted in ritual, if only that it reminds us there are so few rock artists that even inspire such notions. However, the more I think about it the more convinced I am that it was done for the sake of affording the fans an opportunity to see Jimmy with the bow better right there at center stage and for the photographers (and film maker) to get clearer snaps/images of the same.

I must say it is the only time I can recall Jimmy continuing to bow outside of the pyramid when the pyramid was used during the performance. I like this idea that his purposeful departure and casting the bow aside was rooted in ritual, if only that it reminds us there are so few rock artists that even inspire such notions. However, the more I think about it the more convinced I am that it was done for the sake of affording the fans an opportunity to see Jimmy with the bow better right there at center stage and for the photographers (and film maker) to get clearer snaps/images of the same.

Steve, well put, that has the ring of truth and common sense. Though I'm saying that with some regret: the ritual theory is a far more enticing one !

2:25 to 3:40...leaving the pyramid...casting aside the bow

The Celebration Day DVD camera angles are much better at showing Jimmy leaving the laser pyramid.

One camera angle particularly shows Jimmy stepping intently out of the square formed on stage by the

lasers. He doesn't look upset by the faulty laser and ice effects.

He continues playing the violin bow outside the pyramid for a few moments then tosses his bow

aside - make what you will of this but it all is intentional - for whatever reason. I choose to believe it was

ritualistic on Jimmy's part.

It was a one-off. Throwing a bow into the audience. For f*ck sake. How many performers don't throw something into the audience? Peter Townsend threw an SG guitar. Larry Mullen Jr. of U2 threw the bongo he used on "I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonigt" into the audience every night. No importance whatsoever. But walking out of the pyramid? Hmm...

Before any of this happens Page turns and spits over his shoulder (likely towards a guitar/laser tech). Is there any reason we are ignoring this action? Then he walks out of the laser pyramid and throws his bow in the same general direction in which he spit earlier. I still think he was irritated.

Before any of this happens Page turns and spits over his shoulder (likely towards a guitar/laser tech). Is there any reason we are ignoring this action? Then he walks out of the laser pyramid and throws his bow in the same general direction in which he spit earlier. I still think he was irritated.

Where does this occur on the tape? It doesn't seem to happen at all.

Archived