Primus

I believe this is their earliest known live recording!

Primus
Oakland, CA
07/13/1987

Lineup: Les Claypool - Bass, Todd Huth - Guitar, Jay Lane - Drums

Setlist:

Tommy the Cat >
Jellikit
To Defy the Laws of Tradition
Unknown?
Temporary Phase
Pudding Time
Tommy the Cat
Eleven
Is It Luck?
John the Fisherman
Sgt. Baker

- Montrose "Rock Candy" tease before Tommy the Cat

Ilike this one S.W

Hope Jilly eventually came back?

Hurray! Glad you liked it man. Don't know if she ever made it back, sounds pretty grim though, eh?

San Francisco rockers Primus remember the missing in the new video for "Jilly's on Smack," a song from this year's Green Naugahyde inspired by a friend of the band's who "disappeared into the world of heroin," singer Les Claypool says. Directed by Jordan Copeland (son of Police drummer Stewart Copeland), the clip sports a fittingly eerie vibe as it siwtches between shots of the band playing live and grainy found footage of family life, with a holiday theme. "Oftentimes it is the parents grandparents, siblings, etc., that feel the brunt of the heartache as they look at that empty dinner chair or Christmas stocking," Claypool says.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/primus-remember-the-missing-in-jillys-on-smack-premiere-20121219#ixzz3ERxocCkE

Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Edited by Sathington Willoughby

Hurray! Glad you liked it man. Don't know if she ever made it back, sounds pretty grim though, eh?

San Francisco rockers Primus remember the missing in the new video for "Jilly's on Smack," a song from this year's Green Naugahyde inspired by a friend of the band's who "disappeared into the world of heroin," singer Les Claypool says. Directed by Jordan Copeland (son of Police drummer Stewart Copeland), the clip sports a fittingly eerie vibe as it siwtches between shots of the band playing live and grainy found footage of family life, with a holiday theme. "Oftentimes it is the parents grandparents, siblings, etc., that feel the brunt of the heartache as they look at that empty dinner chair or Christmas stocking," Claypool says.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/primus-remember-the-missing-in-jillys-on-smack-premiere-20121219#ixzz3ERxocCkE

Thanks for the info S.W

I actually saw the clip in the exact way you described it so they did a good job with that song and that video.

The old slow has taken a few of my old friends away sadly.

Anyway, thanks for that. :)

Thanks for the info S.W

I actually saw the clip in the exact way you described it so they did a good job with that song and that video.

The old slow has taken a few of my old friends away sadly.

Anyway, thanks for that. :)

Oh that's too bad about your friends man. Glad you enjoyed the tune though. Primus sucks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Primus - Primus & The Chocolate Factory

Oct. 21, 2014

ATO Records | primusville.com »

Original Primus members Les Claypool, Larry Lalonde and Tim Alexander are reunited in this tribute to the 1971 film "Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory." The band will tour the United States this fall.

Full album now streaming!

http://www.nytimes.c...ocolate Factory

:banana::chickeddance:

• 4 weeks later...

Willy Wonka-inspired Primus and the Chocolate Factory With the Fungi Ensemble is out on October 21st, and mixed in with all the chocolate-colored records are five golden vinyl. Like the golden tickets in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, stumbling upon the golden vinyl comes with a great reward: Free Primus concert tickets for life. In this video that pays homage to the film's opening credits, we watch as the records are formed, trimmed and printed while Les Claypool and company's rendition of "Golden Ticket" bounces along.

So , i'm wondering who (if any) has found this golden vinyl?

Willy Wonka-inspired Primus and the Chocolate Factory With the Fungi Ensemble is out on October 21st, and mixed in with all the chocolate-colored records are five golden vinyl. Like the golden tickets in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, stumbling upon the golden vinyl comes with a great reward: Free Primus concert tickets for life. In this video that pays homage to the film's opening credits, we watch as the records are formed, trimmed and printed while Les Claypool and company's rendition of "Golden Ticket" bounces along.

So , i'm wondering who (if any) has found this golden vinyl?

^I don't know if anyone has found one yet! I've been thinking about buying one, hope it's not too late. I bought the CD.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's one about a crackhead...