2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

I'm not a gambling man either. With such strong conviction, I just thought you may have laid down a few bucks. Anyone know (cough, Rick, cough) the odds for the different MLB teams to win it all. I have way too much respect for the 162-game season to be that sure of anything.

Nice Rick! $100 would get you 4 grand, no? I can't believe they have the Yanks at 12:1 and the 2nd ranked team to win the AL pennant! :o

I will check my sources. It differs from site to site and different hotels in Vegas. I will get back to you.. When I see the depth chart, and I went through the AL East this morning, I have Baltimore as the solid choice to win that division.

Bet Us futures:

To win American League Pennant:

Detroit +450

Boston +500

Texas +650

NY Yankees +650

Oakland +750

LA Angels +800

Tampa +1000

Baltimore +1250

Seattle +1250

Kansas City +1250

The rest are higher

To me the real bargains are Baltimore and Seattle

The jokes are the Yankees and Angels (I give neither any chance). In fact the rest all have a chance. But not the Yankees or Angels who to me should both be on the bottom here. Most improved team is Seattle easily

ODDS TO WIN THE SERIES, THE FAVORITES ARE THE LOS ANGELOS DODGERS AT +650

Well, you can never have too much good starting pitching and if Jimenez can give you a quality start every fifth day & go deep in the games, then it will be a very good pickup by the Birds.

Very tough to read him. They say he bounced back and was very good at the end last year for the Indians. And we know how well the Indians were doing. I do not know alot of him but I think all of these pitchers are way over paid. He is not worth that kind of money nor are most of the players. Someday this will come to a crashing stop. The salaries are way too high. I think we do have a good staff now and if Bundy turns out to be anything it will be even better. Expecting a big year from Tillman, Guasman, Gonzalez, and help from Norris and the new closer. We have enough offense to win games.

I saw part of an interview on MLB Tonight where they were talking to Jim Johnson. Maybe a change of scenery will be good for him or maybe he will bring his gas can to the mound for the A's & blow them out of a chance for the playoffs.

The guy they traded for is pretty good too. I like the move. Buck knows what he is doing. On paper the Yanees look to be in trouble. And I am not really high on Toronto's chances either. I expect a 3 team race. Time will tell

^^ Yep, I'm in agreement with the Blue Jays, they will be in the cellar of the AL East or near the bottom. I still don't know what to make of the Yankees. I think they may lose 80 to 90 games, but my head tells me never to count the Yankees out, no matter how much they have lost on the offensive side of the ball.

^^ Yep, I'm in agreement with the Blue Jays, they will be in the cellar of the AL East or near the bottom. I still don't know what to make of the Yankees. I think they may lose 80 to 90 games, but my head tells me never to count the Yankees out, no matter how much they have lost on the offensive side of the ball.

An old Jeter at short, if they allow him to play short? And who to replace Cano? Mighty Casey? They have the Japanese pitcher who may wind up being their ace. Other than Texeira and one other players they do not have much to fear. Baltimore, Boston and Tampa. 3 horse race

Once we have the contest set up it will be very easy to keep score. Its as simple as adding the wins for the teams you selected. We can post the standings monthly or at the all star break? The playoff format is the question. And we could allow each member to pick one extra team as their wild card team? Might make it even more interesting? I will await feedback

Once we have the contest set up it will be very easy to keep score. Its as simple as adding the wins for the teams you selected. We can post the standings monthly or at the all star break? The playoff format is the question. And we could allow each member to pick one extra team as their wild card team? Might make it even more interesting? I will await feedback

http://espn.go.com/blog/spring-training/post/_/id/1386/the-plan-all-along-for-the-os

The big plan for the Orioles? I am wondering where Bundy fits in? Anyway, I will in time have thread created and maybe after all have entered their selections, ask the mods to lock the thread on opening day. We can post comments on the baseball thread. If we lock it then it will be easier to keep track of the points

My only trepidations was picking the NL East Winner but the Braves are always a regular season machine then get bounced early in the playoffs. I think the wild card, so to speak will be if the Nats can bounce back after a disappointing 2013 season.

I also thought about a lot of teams for the AL Wild Cards, Seattle & the Royals, but in the end I think the O's will lock up one of those spots.

Archived