2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia

LedZeppfan77

http://www.olympic.org/sochi-2014-winter-olympics

The games/opening ceremony are three weeks away. I thought we should have a thread and it should be fun to watch. Does anyone know how to keep score in Curling? I sure do not. To see some live events may have to be up in the wee hours. Anyone looking forward to any certain event? I am looking forward to the hockey of course. Love to watch all of the events though. I just hope to God there is no trouble

I watch all of it too, I just love it. My favorite is figure skating, but I even enjoy the biathlon.

I think my favorite of the newer events is short track speed skating. USA's J.R. Celski will try to follow in Ohno's footsteps (or is it skates trokes ;-) ? I got hooked on curling after seeing it live. Scoring is explained in this article, step 2:

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Olympics/Olympics-blog/2010/0221/From-curling-with-love-scoring-explained-in-seven-easy-steps

The woman featured on the wanted posters is identified as Ruzanna Ibragimova, using the nickname Salima, the widow of a militant reportedly killed in a shoot-out with police last year in Dagestan.

Ibragimova is described as having a 10 centimeter scar across the left cheek, a pronounced limp, and a stiff left arm that doesn't bend at the elbow.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

...ok So a 4 inch scar, walks with a huge limp and an extended arm that won't retract. Answers to the name Salami. :burp:

My guess is they'll find her.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not really know how this Pittsburgh Penguins coach landed the job to coach team USA. He stated he has not made a decision yet at goalie. Said they are both playing great. Really Quick has not lately. But he could turn it around. He does not have the resume of Miller other than the one Cup with a team in a huge market. I will stand by this. Miller is better all day. He is the right choice for the USA. Beating Sweden, Canada and Russia will take some doing regardless.

Shocking odds. Odds on favorite to win most Gold medals. Norway. Favorite to win most medals. USA. Russia is 4th at +600. I am going to lay a few down. Canada is favored to take home the Gold in both mens and women's Curling. they push a mean broom up there.

Oh, Canada is a slight favorite over Russia in hockey. Sweden next and USA 4th. Switzerland on the list. China is not listed and I wonder if they even send a team any more?

I love the live stream coverage. Just the right amount of commentary, no "fluff" pieces, all of the athletes are shown (not just Americans and/or favorites). Just the event and some advertisements (that cannot be avoided).

I love the live stream coverage. Just the right amount of commentary, no "fluff" pieces, all of the athletes are shown (not just Americans and/or favorites). Just the event and some advertisements (that cannot be avoided).

Well if you have any links other than the national one please let us know. Does the opening ceremony take place tonight? Or in the morning tomorrow? EST? Looks like mostly skiing to start? And if anyone understand how to explain curling in a short way, I am sure interested

http://stream.nbcolympics.com/figure-skating/winter/15417/

This is live as I type. You can poke around the main page for a login, I'll send it along in a bit. You will need to log in with your user/pass for your cable tv provider to watch.

Also, if your cable provider includes NBCSN, their live coverage begins Saturday if memory serves. At the very least this will be a good supplement to NBC, but might be a preferred option.

Here's some information for you that I found at another internet forum that I visit:

If you have cable, satellite, FIOS, etc. and do not have the package with that channel, you still might be able to access it online at NBC Sports Live Extra. Scroll down to the events and click on Watch Now then pick your provider and log in.

The link is: http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/

There is also an Apps tab on the main screen. I downloaded the android app from the Play Store to my Nook 7 HD and I can also watch it there biggrin1.gif I am not sure if you have to have a cable, etc. package to watch on the app. I can't remember if I had to log in or not as I set this up a few weeks ago.

Archived