Page with Santana

Dardo777

Does any one know if there are any pictures available of Pagey when he jumped on stage with Santana on July 1st 1980? I've kept an eye out for one for a long time but have never seen a photograph of this jam. Thanks.

Wearing and Tearing

Dardo

Never heard the story about Jimmy being late to the Zepp show the next day, very cool. Incidentally, Carlos was in the audience the night before in Frankfurt watching the Zeppelin show. Carlos dedicates Samba Pa Ti (or Europa?) to "all the members of Led Zeppelin" at this show.

The recording is in fact a soundboard and Jimmy jams on Shake Your Money Maker that lasts about 10 minutes.

Short story...I'm a big fan of both Zepp and Santana, having first seen Page live at the A.R.M.S. show in Dec of 1983 and Carlos here on Long Island in Nov of 1984. As history would have it, I went nuts on the Zeppelin collecting for about 20 years (my 1st bootleg was Danish Melencholy Pageboys Get It On, that I bought in Dec 1979) and it all came full circle for me after seeing 15 Page/Plant shows in 1995, and then again another 15 Page/Plant shows in 1998, with the added bonus of meeting Page in Plant several times that tour.

As many of you know, I gave away almost my entire collection around this time, I estimate I owned approximately 700 tapes of Zepp/Zepp related material as well as thousands of other items. I never collected stuff to someday make money. I enjoyed my collecting and when I felt it was over, I wanted other fans to enjoy my stuff as much as I had. (I actually just saw someone selling my "The Can" on Ebay, # 068, a few weeks back...and had no hard feelings!!)

Anyway, starting in 2000 I dove head first into Santana collecting, this time CDs. I had 100's of live shows and still own about 600 cds, though not live shows anymore because...I gave them all away too!! Yep, I made an announcement on one of my Santana pages "Moonflower Cafe" that freebies were available and ended up mailing out/giving out close to 700 CDs and videos.

I've still kept close to the Zepp happenings and saw Plant and Jones multiple times through the years here in NY, and saw 6 of the Page/Crowes shows.And actually thinking about it, I calculate that I saw the 3rd to last "full" concert Jimmy ever played, at Jones Beach before he cancelled the rest of the tour due to back problems.

Ok, this short story has gone on long enough and digressed into a mumbo jumbo of random memories. Thanks for allowing me some time...

Wearing and Tearing

Dardo

I never collected stuff to someday make money. I enjoyed my collecting and when I felt it was over, I wanted other fans to enjoy my stuff as much as I had.

Dardo

I still have everything I purchased from you at Zepfest '98 in Cleveland. In fact, I bought so much stuff I missed my flight out of Cleveland.

The Santana bootleg is called Carlos Santana featuring Jimmy Page Shakin' Your Money Maker, which includes a picture of Jimmy from the 80 tour with an earlier picture of Carlos on the cover (not a picture from the actual concert). The back cover has an interesting picture of the front of the venue that includes advertisement for upcoming concerts by Zeppelin, Santana and Zappa.

Hi Steve...I will always remember you as one of the most interesting and knowledgeable Zeppelin collectors. If I remember correctly, one of the rare pieces I sold you was and Argentinian magazine I had bought myself when I was there visiting, which was a whole issue of nothing but Zepp. Didn't it have a picture of Jimmy and his then Blonde wife with little Jimmy Jr. on the back cover? I think you may also have most of my Page pictures from the front row at The Ritz in 1988.

What a great time I had back then. I'm still amazed that we are all still talking and enjoying this ride well into the 21st Century!

The Santana bootleg is called Carlos Santana featuring Jimmy Page Shakin' Your Money Maker, which includes a picture of Jimmy from the 80 tour with an earlier picture of Carlos on the cover (not a picture from the actual concert). The back cover has an interesting picture of the front of the venue that includes advertisement for upcoming concerts by Zeppelin, Santana and Zappa.

carlos-shakin.jpg

Carlos attended Led Zeppelin's June 30, 1980 concert at the Festhalle in Frankfurt the night prior during which he invited Jimmy to his.

Edited by SteveAJones

• 9 years later...