Strider

• 10 months later...
On 9/18/2022 at 6:20 AM, Strider said:

Hey @zepscoda! Are you still alive? New Black Angels album "Wilderness of Mirrors" just came out yesterday. I got the limited edition vinyl.

ch-_jAFw_620x.jpg.5389e7b95805563c21f3387a12b1556d.jpg

So did I mate - on its way in the mail. Thanks for recommending them to me a couple of years ago. Got all of their albums on vinyl. 

Brilliant band. Hope they come to Australia. 

• 3 months later...

@Strider Got the new album off my kids for Christmas (even though I ordered it). Listened to it a few times, and it’s left me a bit cold. It’s a 6/10 for me…mind you, it might grow in me if I listen to it a few more times. 

All the others, with the exception of Indigo Meadow were an instant hit for me. 

What are your thoughts? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/6/2023 at 10:04 PM, Xolo1974 said:

@Strider Got the new album off my kids for Christmas (even though I ordered it). Listened to it a few times, and it’s left me a bit cold. It’s a 6/10 for me…mind you, it might grow in me if I listen to it a few more times. 

All the others, with the exception of Indigo Meadow were an instant hit for me. 

What are your thoughts? 

Hi Xolo. Yeah, "Wilderness of Mirrors" hasn't wowed me instantly like their other albums. It will probably end up being the one I play the least, along with "Clear Lake Forest". I think it is a placeholder type of album...just treading water. Now, the next album will show if they have anything left in the tank or if maybe they have run out of gas.

• 11 months later...
On 2/3/2023 at 5:31 AM, Strider said:

Hi Xolo. Yeah, "Wilderness of Mirrors" hasn't wowed me instantly like their other albums. It will probably end up being the one I play the least, along with "Clear Lake Forest". I think it is a placeholder type of album...just treading water. Now, the next album will show if they have anything left in the tank or if maybe they have run out of gas.

Now that I’ve listened to it a lot more, it’s really grown on me