2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

Vick to the Jets, probably in some sort of backup mode or until Geno really screws up.

Where will Sanchez wind up? I'm of the belief that he gets a real crappy shake from most of the media. He took the Jets to two consecutive AFC championship games, all with the circus of Rex Ryan making noise in the background. Wherever he goes, he's got a chance to show his last couple of seasons were not what he's capable of.

I'd be inclined to agree with you, except I wonder if Sanchez has taken too much of a beating, psychologically and physically, these last few years to ever regain any semblance of the promise he showed his first few seasons. Maybe he'll go to the home of all forsaken quarterbacks: Oakland, who have already taken on Matt Schaub in desperation.

Yeah, Jim Kelly. If you were too young to watch him play, you missed this high powered offense that was way before it's time. The no huddle offense that teams try to use now, Kelly and the K-Gun offense were putting it on the rest of the league. Four straight superbowls, an accomplishment I doubt we will see again.

Amazing guy, saw him one time in a Buffalo suburb, nicest possible guy you could ever meet. So down to earth.

I wish him well, he's had enough pain already losing his son some years back.

Yeah, Jim Kelly. If you were too young to watch him play, you missed this high powered offense that was way before it's time. The no huddle offense that teams try to use now, Kelly and the K-Gun offense were putting it on the rest of the league. Four straight superbowls, an accomplishment I doubt we will see again.

Amazing guy, saw him one time in a Buffalo suburb, nicest possible guy you could ever meet. So down to earth.

I wish him well, he's had enough pain already losing his son some years back.

I echo these sentiments and I saw Jim in Eastview Mall, a local mall here he shopped often. I have a ball signed by him. I am sure he has the word of Ralph's passing. I hope to God Jim pulls through.

I echo these sentiments and I saw Jim in Eastview Mall, a local mall here he shopped often. I have a ball signed by him. I am sure he has the word of Ralph's passing. I hope to God Jim pulls through.

Kelly is super tough. Unfortunately, so is the f**king cancer he is fighting. I have seen people beat almost unbeatable odds and I hope he is one of them.

I'm a Pats fan, but when Buffalo had Kelly, Denver had Elway, Miami had Marino, and we had...Eason? Some other bums also. So it was just so cool to see the K-Gun tear up the field instead of watching New England get their ass handed to them again, lol.

Rock on Jim K!

Pats re-sign Vince Wilfork. Not sure how the mood will be with that, he seemed pretty pissed when he wanted to be released.

Sounds like some high level shmoozing from owner Robert Kraft and the fact he didn't want to uproot the family helped out.

Vince is a monster, glad to see him sticking around in New England.

I now believe the Buffalo Bills have a 5-7 year window to win the Super Bowl or perhaps they will be gone forever. I do not want to see this but one local sports guy thinks this is the case. Ralph is gone, and Jim Kelly, long rumored to have a hand in the cookie jar as far as new ownership, is very sick. We are all praying for him. I hope the Bills never leave. But we are the smallest market. I think we have a good unit now and if Manuel can play well, we can get in

Buffalo is a smaller market than Green Bay?

Nah, Green Bay is def smaller. But as you probably know Walter, Green Bay is the odd duck of the NFL, not really owned by an "owner" but more of a "community owned" thing. People can buy and sell shares in the Packers (with oodles of restrictions).

I hope Buffalo stays put as well.

I hope Buffalo never loses the Bills either, that would be a travesty!

Looks like the Foreskins are going to sign Jackson....another good locker room guy for Gruden to have to deal with! I thought they were strapped for cash? Sign 32-year-old Hatcher for big money and now Jackson? Well, they have no excuses now.....:rolleyes:

So the Eagles sign questionable Sanchez yet let a genuine talent like Jackson go to the Taters? Not sure I understand their thinking, but as they're in the NFC Least, I don't really care. All four teams in this division are looney toons. :P

So the Eagles sign questionable Sanchez yet let a genuine talent like Jackson go to the Taters? Not sure I understand their thinking, but as they're in the NFC Least, I don't really care. All four teams in this division are looney toons. :P

Its a mystery to me also why they would want that bum Sanchez. He is horrible. He should have a spot on the couch next to Russel, that QB bust you guys drafted number one that is going to be smokin the glass dick (crack pipe) on your dime for the next decade. :lol: As good a coach that Kelly is, why on Earth would he want this guy?

So I'm guessing Matt Schaub is not inspiring much confidence in Raider Nation....

About as much confidence as Incognito does in Dolphin fans. Or your Mets bullpen. :P

The thing about the Sanchez signing is that if Kelly wants to implement the Ducks offense he is famous for and was supposedly hired by Philadelphia in the first place, Sanchez is not that type of quarterback. It makes zero sense from a system standpoint.

About as much confidence as Incognito does in Dolphin fans. Or your Mets bullpen. :P

The thing about the Sanchez signing is that if Kelly wants to implement the Ducks offense he is famous for and was supposedly hired by Philadelphia in the first place, Sanchez is not that type of quarterback. It makes zero sense from a system standpoint.

My money says he is released by the end of pre season

The Taters are apparently winning the offseason, whatever the hell that amounts to. Bottom line, if Bob Griffin doesn't play up to snuff it won't matter how many speedy wideouts they sign. And with the vastly overrated Mike Shanahan gone, I don't think Griffin will have any excuses this upcoming season....

The Taters are apparently winning the offseason, whatever the hell that amounts to. Bottom line, if Bob Griffin doesn't play up to snuff it won't matter how many speedy wideouts they sign. And with the vastly overrated Mike Shanahan gone, I don't think Griffin will have any excuses this upcoming season....

The Taters win the offseason every year... and yes, it's all up to RG3 this season. I wish I could work up any enthusiasm.

Archived