Jimmy Fallon

clw

Any one see night 1,well when U2 was on he asked them if they would sit there and play their song that is going up for a Oscar,so they said ok,and then the guitar player started in and after a few seconds Bono laughed,here he started playing Stairway to heaven!!

Start at 7:30 and it goes a few minutes from there,about 9:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FrXq_c_DHM

that was cool of the edge to do that :)

not a fan of U2 though .....

I agree with you completely.

Cool of him to do that but not a fan of them except for the song "Bullet the Blue Sky". I think that I could possibly like them if it were not for Bono. In My opinion he is an "overrated" and a very "pompous" person who craves the attention and the limelight more than any human being on Earth (again just My opinion).

^ How often have you seen him in public the past 3-4 years? I like U2 and I haven't seen him around much lately at all.

Back to Fallon, since this is the topic of the thread. I have only seen clips of the show, but have been recording it all week - saving them to watch over the weekend. Looking forward to it.

Strider, you are absolutely correct - Leno never had any classic moments that I can recall. Just safe, boring, interviews.

When Jimmy Fallon was on "Saturday Night Live", he never stood out to me...he seemed bland, lost, and frequently broke character during sketches, cracking up, or forgetting his lines and having to resort to rotely reading off the cue card. So I was the last person to expect him to end up as the Tonight Show host when NBC gave him the Late Show five years ago when Conan O'Brien left. I thought he would be a disaster, like Pat Sajak.

But surprise, surprise, he grew into the role of talk-show host, and one thing that helped was his musical ability. Who knew he would be such a good musical mimic, a guy who could sing and dance and be inventive? Five years later, some of his bits are now legend. Here are a few of my favourites:

The Doors doing the Reading Rainbow theme song:

What do you get when you cross David Bowie and Tim Tebow? Tebowie!!!!

Another Tebowie bit when the Patriots signed Tebow:

http://youtu.be/2TsQ4ZOPzF0

Fallon's Neil Young impressions were astounding!

http://youtu.be/t1Ncuu8MfBk

Obama Seizes Control of Late Night TV

Establishment moves into securing entertainment industry as primary conduit for political agenda

Interesting read:

Paul Joseph Watson

February 24, 2014

The recent replacement of Jay Leno with Obama cheerleader Jimmy Fallon is part of a White House coup d’état to take control of late night television.

http://youtu.be/_k1o0Iyy1bI

With more and more young Americans deserting news networks and getting their information and opinions from late night comedy/discussion shows, the establishment is moving into using the entertainment industry as its primary conduit for state propaganda.

Distrust in the institution of television news is hovering at all time lows, which is why one of the few places left that the White House can elicit a sympathetic response to its agenda and talking points is the cosy, make believe world of late night TV.

While Barack Obama is pursuing a chillingly dictatorial political agenda based around executive tyranny, Jimmy Fallon is helping to massage Obama’s image as a down to earth, fun loving guy that you can trust.

While Jay Leno savaged Obamacare in his final weeks as host, one of Fallon’s first acts was to afford Michelle Obama the platform of The Tonight Show to push Obamacare talking points. Fallon even once gushed that President Obama “booked himself”.

While the media has pondered on the mystery of Leno being replaced (he enjoyed consistently high ratings for 20 years), the reality is strikingly obvious.

As Politico and others have reported, this is part of the changing politics of late night TV, with the Obama White House now moving to seize control of late night TV, with Fallon acting as little more than a White House spokesman whenever the need arises.

As Politico and others have reported, this is part of the changing politics of late night TV, with the Obama White House now moving to seize control of late night TV, with Fallon acting as little more than a White House spokesman whenever the need arises.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rolling Stone, Bloomberg and the rest of the New York elites aren't involved. Let 'em all rot in New York, Fallon included.

I like Fallon but I actually feel bad for my seventy-something parents. Watching stuff like his "history of hip hop" sketch with Justin Timberlake I was thinking, "my parents SO won't get this, there's nothing on late night for people of their generation anymore!"

It is weird that Leno was let go while trouncing everyone in the ratings...

I like Fallon but I actually feel bad for my seventy-something parents. Watching stuff like his "history of hip hop" sketch with Justin Timberlake I was thinking, "my parents SO won't get this, there's nothing on late night for people of their generation anymore!"

It is weird that Leno was let go while trouncing everyone in the ratings...

Exactly. Political correctness run amuck...........again.

Politically correct would be to not run "the history of hip-hop", btw. What 70-something is up watching the "Tonight Show" anyway AND who is the targeted audience? People who aren't on fixed incomes and will buy stuff. Sorry, but you guys are fucked in the head if you think their is some conspiracy. GE is about making $, that's all. If Jay was such a cash cow, he would still be there. Fallon is what they believe will take them to the future for earnings! This shit is unbelievable and you wonder why people won't follow your logic - because it's fucked up!

Politically correct would be to not run "the history of hip-hop", btw. What 70-something is up watching the "Tonight Show" anyway AND who is the targeted audience? People who aren't on fixed incomes and will buy stuff. Sorry, but you guys are fucked in the head if you think their is some conspiracy. GE is about making $, that's all. If Jay was such a cash cow, he would still be there. Fallon is what they believe will take them to the future for earnings! This shit is unbelievable and you wonder why people won't follow your logic - because it's fucked up!

Don't know if any of your comment is aimed at me but I never said-or thought- there's a "conspiracy". As for 70 year olds up watching the Tonight Show, my parents were and they're the only people I "surveyed". Having said that, good businesses usually don't go out of their way to can their best earners so, yes, it's weird that they fired Leno. And yes, he was a cash cow for them, it's a matter of record.

If anything mine was a personal comment; you seemed to make it political.

• 2 weeks later...

Im not 70 and i dont think fallon is funny. Letterman used to be funny, so was Conan. But fallon is just too rude to be funny. At least carson and leno treated their guests better. I think they got rid of leno because they were afraid that fallon would go to another network. which was the same thing they did with conan when they moved him up. I just thin nbc is afraid of competition in the future, because they were winning with leno. but who says nbc always makes good decisions? they dumped norm macdonold and he was the funniest guy they ever had on snl.

mstork, that comment was directed at a post before yours. With that said, Jay Leno had better ratings than Letterman and Kimmel that is true - but a "cash cow", don't think so. Fallon is the future for them and better to have a future than to wait for Leno to leave. Isn't the whole point of business to stay ahead of your market and not follow?

Kipper, seriously? Show me one instance on the Tonight Show where Fallon has treated his guest poorly? If you don't think he is funny, that is your opinion. But, I have seen nothing but genuine fun and laughter from his guests every episode I have watched, which is almost every one of them. Btw, McDonald was funny - I agree. With that said, you think Fallon is rude but McDonald was funny? That just proves you have something personally against Fallon. Fallon is way more "safe" of a comedian than Norm McDonald ever was/is.

As a side note, if you think for one instance Johnny Carson treated all of his guests well - you don't know anything about the man. I loved his show, but he was awful to many of his guests, especially the comedians - not while they were on the show either.

mstork, that comment was directed at a post before yours. With that said, Jay Leno had better ratings than Letterman and Kimmel that is true - but a "cash cow", don't think so. Fallon is the future for them and better to have a future than to wait for Leno to leave. Isn't the whole point of business to stay ahead of your market and not follow?

I don't think anything you say here is wrong. My only point is that when your parents become "old" you start to notice things like this. And I'm bummed for them and people like them that they can't watch a late night talk show anymore without half the references being stuff they don't get. Actual news? They're on it. Modern music, hashtag so and so, etc.? Not so much.

By the way, you'd be surprised how many 70 something watch late night TV, they don't sleep as much as they used to. Or in some cases they fall asleep early and are wide awake at 11! I should add the caveat that this is based on people I know, I haven't done a survey!

As for Fallon, I really like him and think he's a great talent. I wish he wouldn't let himself be such a left wing tool but it is what it is. I thought Jimmy Kimmel showed a great contrast last week when he interviewed Rick Perry and actually was interested in his viewpoint and treated him with respect. He's great too, if he's not careful he's going to win in the ratings with that kind of approach. By the time CBS replaces Dave the race will be on and CBS will be a distant third IMO.

Archived