Great race from Talladega about to begin! For you non-NASCAR fans, tune in at about 4:30 to FOX - the last 10 laps of this race are crazy intense! :yesnod:

Hope everyone stays safe today! :)

Go Harvick!!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

#4thewin

Edited by Walter

No INDYCAR RACE on T.V. Today. What a Let-Down.. ... Kinda' WISH I Had a Better WAY to Follow the Races. This Race SEASON This Far has Been Totally-Awesome. The NASCAR RACES Have been FULL-BLOWN Too. I Just Can't Wait UNTIL The Coca-Cola 600 at the END of this Month.It WILL REQUIRE Some SERIOUS Running!!!!! Can't Wait. !!!!

Yesterday's Talladega race was a bit of a let down, as far as the finish goes. Congrats to Dale Jr. and "junior nation" for the win and punching their ticket into The Chase in September.

Rosberg dominated the F1 qualifying today. Is he finally waking up?

Last race was the first race of the season where I felt Nico was back to being hungry in the racecar. He had been driving very passive prior to that race, imo. Someone needs to bring the fight to Hamilton otherwise it will be a very dull F1 season. Looking forward to Monaco at the end of the month!

• 2 weeks later...

Hamilton had the race robbed off him. Rosberg should bow his head in shame for celebrating, an apology would have been more appropriate. A truly undeserved win.

Hamilton had the race robbed off him. Rosberg should bow his head in shame for celebrating, an apology would have been more appropriate. A truly undeserved win.

It's the people who made the decision to pit Hamilton behind the safety car who should be ashamed. It wasn't Rosbergs fault.

It's the people who made the decision to pit Hamilton behind the safety car who should be ashamed. It wasn't Rosbergs fault.

Come off it, Rosberg was gloating. Yes it was the teams fault but Rosberg (and Vettel) should have given their places up and let Hamilton pass.

Come off it, Rosberg was gloating. Yes it was the teams fault but Rosberg (and Vettel) should have given their places up and let Hamilton pass.

As harsh as it may sound, when you get a change in racing, you take it. Nice guys won't make it in F1, just think about all the stuff Schumacher, Senna, Prost etc. have done. If it had been only Rosberg ahead of Hamilton the team probably would have ordered him to let Lewis pass, but Vettel had no reason whatsoever to do that.

And in the post-race interview Rosberg admitted that he was lucky and Hamilton would have deserved to win. I agree he can be pretty arrogant (as can all the other drivers), but in my opinion he did nothing wrong this time.

First off, whomever called Hamilton into to pit leading the race, where tire wear doesn't matter, and it's tough as Hell to pass, should be fired from that position immediately. Next, did Rosberg and Vettel maintain safety car speed when it was a virtual safety car? Otherwise, how they made up that much distance under that speed limit is beyond me. Red Bull penalized their own, if Rosberg didn't follow the rules and wasn't called on it -,they should've followed suit. We didn't get to see the post-race interviews over here as they went straight to the football (soccer) match.

Hamilton was right behind the safety car when he pitted and the others were cathing up. It is possible that he lost lots of time at that point. Later Vettel was complaining that the safety car was driving too slowly. Also Hamiltons stop took over 4 seconds when it usually takes under 3 seconds so the team made another mistake there.

Congratulations to Juan Pablo Montoya for winning his 2nd Indianapolis 500, in only his 3rd attempt. Great race and finish!

Bring on the 600!

Let's Go Harvick!!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

#4thewin

Yesterday's Races were a REAL Success. The INDANAPOLIS 500 was Really Fun To Watch. It Went Well with the Food & Snacks That was Made for the Eat for the Event. I should have Taken a Picture. That Would have Been nice. Great Two HOURS of Action THERE, Let Me Tell Ya'!!!! Then The Coca-Cola 600 was The Thing that Put It OVER THE TOP!!!! Thanks Everybody.

Sincerely,

-freddy fingers

The Monster Mile is next on the NASCAR schedule this week. The Gibbs cars are showing the way for the third consecutive week. Hamlin on pole and Edwards the second fastest in both practices today. This track has one of the best trophies in motor sports:

http://www.maxchevy.com/news/2013/Images/03/TonyStewart-MonsterMile-trophy.jpg

Hamilton and Rosberg in the front row again in Canada. Good qualifying by Räikkönen (3rd) and Bottas (4th). Hopefully they can challenge the Mercedes drivers tomorrow.

Vettel and Massa had some technical problems and were knocked out already in the first qualifying session. They might be able to put up a good overtaking show in the race.

Nice win last weekend, Hamilton! I love that course in Montreal.

Getting ready for today's race at Michigan. My boy, Harvick, now has 10 top-2 finishes in 14 points paying races this season and 13 of his last 17 dating back to last season. Today he starts on the front row and has finished 2nd in the last 4 consecutive races at Michigan. Let's go #4!!!!post-3394-0-25095800-1434297134_thumb.jppost-3394-0-69121100-1434297170_thumb.jp

Edited by Walter

Very entertaining qualifying session at Austrian Grand Prix today. Hamilton comes away with it, after spinning out on his last q lap, and Rosberg looks poised to take the pole but spins out also in the last turn of his last q lap! I hope the race is just as entertaining tomorrow...

• 2 weeks later...

Heading into the nation's birthday weekend, Daytona International Speedway is offering a flag exchange:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/george-diaz-en-fuego/os-daytona-confederate-flag-exchange-20150630-post.html

NASCAR CEO Brian France has already gone on record saying Confederate Flags will not be sold at any on property merchandise stores and will not be a part of any in track pre-race entertainment, ceremonies or anything that is NASCAR sponsored.

Interesting race in Silverstone but from Finnish point of view the ending was bit depressing. Williams drivers had an amazing start but their car sucks in rainy conditions, like it did last year.

Edited by marlam

Interesting race in Silverstone but from Finnish point of view the ending was bit depressing. Williams drivers had an amazing start but their car sucks in rainy conditions, like it did last year.

Yeah I watched on tape yesterday. Great start and first 20 or so laps. Looked like Nico might've had something for Hamilton, until that great call to change to rain tires a lap early sealed the deal for Hamilton. Force India is looking better with that new nose. Certainly better than Red Bull or McLaren. With the 2 week break coming up, it seems like the season hasn't gotten any flow going to it.