i would like to ask Jimmy Page re: Bonhams Footage.....

z1inspector

i would like to ask Jimmy Page re: Bonhams footage of his solo during TSRTS ,VIDEO OF What he was playing during bonzos fantacyhome & drag race footage ! CAN WE SEE IT PLEASE ?

ive often thouight WHAT I WOULD ASK jimmy or ANY MEMBER of Zep if i had the chance in the past or present, inc bonzo ,Peter Grant , jason , family members or any of the members of their Entourage , or ANYONE who was around to witness anything interesting that would warrent a interesting question.

let this be a place to post YOUR QUESTIONs , even if its been answerd , if so = give us the answer !

maybe my question has been asked , but IF NOT = I always wonderd why hasnt he been asked what has happend to the unused solo footage?

I think i started this with 2 great questions,

TAG YOUR IT !

i would like to ask Jimmy Page re: Bonhams footage of his solo during TSRTS ,VIDEO OF What he was playing during bonzos fantacyhome & drag race footage ! CAN WE SEE IT PLEASE ?

ive often thouight WHAT I WOULD ASK jimmy or ANY MEMBER of Zep if i had the chance in the past or present, inc bonzo ,Peter Grant , jason , family members or any of the members of their Entourage , or ANYONE who was around to witness anything interesting that would warrent a interesting question.

let this be a place to post YOUR QUESTIONs , even if its been answerd , if so = give us the answer !

maybe my question has been asked , but IF NOT = I always wonderd why hasnt he been asked what has happend to the unused solo footage?

I think i started this with 2 great questions,

TAG YOUR IT !

Bear in mind the fantasy segments were used to fill in performance footage gaps.

i would ask PLANT =

who was the MASKED guitar player on the table in the BURNING DOWN ONE SIDE VIDEO ?

maybe he eventually told us ,however i never heard the answer

If I recall correctly, he is Nash the Slash. He was on a European tour with The Tubes at the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Plewman

Edited by SteveAJones

I still disagree with the fact that the fantasy sequences were used exclusively to fill footage gaps. They obviously had more footage of Whole Lotta Love, The Rain Song, The Song Remains the Same, Dazed and Confused, and Moby Dick in The First Cuts, and judging on what I've seen/synced of the footage, there were at least 2 cameras filming at a time. A full performance of Moby Dick (using footage from all three nights) looks possible.

I wouldn't doubt that there were gaps in which no cameras were filming, but they obviously had more than enough film to capture a whole concert. Shepperton, in my opinion, was done for movie factor. They didn't have much freedom to film from cool angles like they did at Shepperton.

Basically, the answer to all of this is MOVIE MAGIC.

Edited by ledzepfilm

In an ideal world, there would have been a dedicated camera shot on each of the members, and a complete stage shot. The fantasy sequences were planned, I don't think they were created to fill performance gaps. The concerts were filmed over three nights. There wouldn't be so many gaps to have to create fantasy sequences to cover that up...

Anyway, with a dedicated camera shot on each of the members, each fan could have the oppourtunity to focus in on each band member individually, or the group as a whole.

Let the main film be there with all the quick cuts for general public. And let the rest of fans focus on whatever member they choose. Now, with DVDs/Blu-rays, there could enough room for those "extra" camera angles on any concert film.

In an ideal world, there would have been a dedicated camera shot on each of the members, and a complete stage shot. The fantasy sequences were planned, I don't think they were created to fill performance gaps. The concerts were filmed over three nights. There wouldn't be so many gaps to have to create fantasy sequences to cover that up...

Anyway, with a dedicated camera shot on each of the members, each fan could have the oppourtunity to focus in on each band member individually, or the group as a whole.

Let the main film be there with all the quick cuts for general public. And let the rest of fans focus on whatever member they choose. Now, with DVDs/Blu-rays, there could enough room for those "extra" camera angles on any concert film.

would be a "great idea" to release that material ,i think the idea has been overlooked & should find its way to whoever can take the idea to the rite person

Bear in mind the fantasy segments were used to fill in performance footage gaps.

If I recall correctly, he is Nash the Slash. He was on a European tour with The Tubes at the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Plewman

so was it publicly known to everyone that "Nash the Slash" was the masked man at first ?

he didnt give it away rite away i thought,

at liest as kids we just let our imaginations roll , as we wished it was jimmy lol, but he didnt move like jimmy so .......

so was it publicly known to everyone that "Nash the Slash" was the masked man at first ?

he didnt give it away rite away i thought,

at liest as kids we just let our imaginations roll , as we wished it was jimmy lol, but he didnt move like jimmy so .......

I think it's fair to say most MTV viewers of the era still have no idea who the guitarist was, and his masked appearance definitely fueled many imaginations as to who he could be. Nash the Slash is not an unknown but he is certainly not widely known.

Hell, give me all the actual live stage footage, from any camera used, include any and all Plantations.

As one member several years ago posted, (I'm paraphrasing) about Jimmy's "turd polishing" of the musical end result, I'm cool with that.

I could care less if the final product was from one night, or 20 nights.

In the end, give me four musicians on a stage creating their magic, with a few anecdotical dressing room clips and Grant busting bootleggers,etc.

I think it's fair to say most MTV viewers of the era still have no idea who the guitarist was, and his masked appearance definitely fueled many imaginations as to who he could be. Nash the Slash is not an unknown but he is certainly not widely known.

Hello again Steve, great that YOU stoped by , YOU always know the answers to many silly questions & things re: zep that i i have, your always a big help,

i gota tell ya ...it would be really intresting to me that a man with your contacts & vast knowledge that IF YOU have something youve been wondering about or been chasing down yourself or a great question that youve already searched out and came up with a serprizing answer ?

(i ask these questions because ZEP never fails to ROCK MY IMAGINATION ,,they are the MOST intresting ,i keep learning more & more amazing things about these guys)

Anodizingstatic and I are doing the best we can to create a no-Shepperton cut of TSRTS with Plantations and all!

Looking forward to viewing your project!

Edited by jabe

idk WHAT id ask jonsey......maybe id like to tell him how much i enjoyed what he & plant put together on ITTOD,

& maybe ask him his thoughts on writing with plant again somtime?

i mean THEY BOTH must be quite prowed of what they both created !

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Getting off topic re: Nash the Slash, but... He also shot some great pics of Zep at the Rockpile, 8-18-69. Though, he made it clear that he was no Zep fan, when I was in touch with him..... :wacko:

toronto_8-18-69_rockpile.jpg