Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
z1inspector

i would like to ask Jimmy Page re: Bonhams Footage.....

Getting off topic re: Nash the Slash, but... He also shot some great pics of Zep at the Rockpile, 8-18-69. Though, he made it clear that he was no Zep fan, when I was in touch with him..... :wacko:

toronto_8-18-69_rockpile.jpg

thankyou for the update , sad.....

surprized their arent more questions that people would want to ask a member of ZEP!

I STILL think this is a great topic!

i maybe would like to ask JPJ about what he thought about what him & robert came up with on in through the out door?

what he wasnt too sure about, or what just felt rite or came together ,or even their overall mood at the time?

what would YOU ASK?

what would YOU ASK?

Many of the questions I can think of probably cannot even be answered by the band members on account of hazy recollections, etc.

It is known JPJ's father, Joe Baldwin, was a pianist and arranger for big bands in the 1940s and '50s. I've always wondered if there is a discography of some sort for Mr. Baldwin's work as I would like to hear and collect those recordings.

Getting off topic re: Nash the Slash, but... He also shot some great pics of Zep at the Rockpile, 8-18-69. Though, he made it clear that he was no Zep fan, when I was in touch with him..... :wacko:

toronto_8-18-69_rockpile.jpg

I would bet that Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee were in this line to see Led Zeppelin in Toronto.

Many of the questions I can think of probably cannot even be answered by the band members on account of hazy recollections, etc.

It is known JPJ's father, Joe Baldwin, was a pianist and arranger for big bands in the 1940s and '50s. I've always wondered if there is a discography of some sort for Mr. Baldwin's work as I would like to hear and collect those recordings.

I bet JPJ would appreciate that question!

I would bet that Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee were in this line to see Led Zeppelin in Toronto.

likely, guess it depends on how much Zep got to canada, I wonder if the 2 Rush boys that were in school together can recall?

likely, guess it depends on how much Zep got to canada, I wonder if the 2 Rush boys that were in school together can recall?

This from Geddy Lee:

I saw them in Toronto at a little place called the Rockpile. We were in the second row, and when they played this song (How Many More Times) it just blew me away. It reaffirmed for me all the creative potential in blending hard rock with progressive music. John Paul Jones was the unsung hero in that band.

What bass player of that period didn’t know how to play that riff? I still jam to it sometimes at soundchecks.

Edited by SteveAJones