POSSIBLE TOUR RUMORS/ANNOUNCENTS THREAD

madison

?...no disappointment here, hadn't even heard about the "Canada dates" until ths remour is "quashed}.

No Led Zeppelin dates planned, says promoter

28/05/2008 - 10:25:12 AM

Led Zeppelin's tour promoter has quashed fans' hopes of a comeback tour this summer, insisting new internet reports of a series of live dates in Canada are just false "rumours".

Earlier this month, a news blog on Canadian music TV channel's Much Music website reported that the legendary rockers were due to play four shows at the Skydome/Rogers Centre stadium in Toronto this August.

Led Zeppelin founders Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones reunited last year for a one-off tribute show to late music mogul Ahmet Ertegun in December.

The trio has fuelled speculation of more dates with remarks made in a series of interviews since the December concert in London.

However, Debra Rathwell, a spokeswoman for the band's gig promoters Anschutz Entertainment Group Live, has dismissed the reports as hearsay, insisting there is no such tour planned.

"Alison Krauss and Robert Plant are touring together till at least the end of July, and Plant has made it perfectly clear that he doesn't want to tour with Led Zeppelin," she said.

"Of course, stranger things have happened, but I can tell you that my office is not involved in any Led Zeppelin concerts in Toronto or anywhere else."

Frontman Plant is currently promoting his duet album 'Raising Sands' with bluegrass star Alison Krauss with shows across the US and Europe.

Entertainment News | Print Version | Email to friend | Previous Page

© Thomas Crosbie Media, 2008.

• 2 weeks later...

:D no room for dissapointments. i don't want to get my hopes up though because yes, i will admit it. i was disappointed i missed the foo fighter concert the other night when jimmy and john paul joined the foo fighters onstage. i am happy to hear about it though. gives me hope there is still a possibility i will see and hear jimmy live some day.

janet

p.s. my first post here. sorry if i'm not doing it right.

• 10 years later...
1 hour ago, JTM said:

Why. The majority here have long excepted it's over and there is no way back.

I'm aware of that, you're aware of that, but many others seem to believe/hope/naively trust that it isn't over, and hang on for another tour or celebration concert

3 hours ago, JTM said:

Why. The majority here have long accepted it's over and there is no way back.

FIFY. The other way gives your statement a completely different meaning. 😏 

And StairwayRemainsTheSame is right...reading through this thread was hilarious.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

FIFY. The other way gives your statement a completely different meaning. 😏 

And StairwayRemainsTheSame is right...reading through this thread was hilarious.

Oh  shit ! Thanks S, that's what I meant, must have been the early afternoon just woken up doze fog. One moment I'm awake then suddenly I'm asleep, wifey reckons I've got narcolepsy.

Archived