Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
monitesn

Led Zeppelin fan fiction

Do you read / write Led Zeppelin fan fiction? What do you think about them, especially about slash fan fics, involving Robert and Jimmy?

I've never heard of Led Zeppelin fan fiction......Is this some moron making up stuff about the group?????? Who the f*ck would be interested in that?

You folks serious? This forum weighs heavy with fan fiction. The what ifs, if onlys, they shouldas, they couldas, what would I change about this year's setlist, etc. Speculative fantasy abounds here. Fan fiction isn't that far fetched. Only a reflection of our culture. I suppose nobody watches Walking Dead or Game Of Thrones or plays video games or engages in fantasy sports or enjoys online erotica or watches Hollywood biopics. You live in a Led Zeppelin reality? Other than audio and video documents, what is that based on? What Jimmy Page says happened or didn't happen? Because he doesn't have an agenda for maintaining his image and legacy, right? Fan fiction isn't my thing, but I don't feel the need to mock it.

^ LOL. I'm sorry, your post made me laugh. It's not that I necessarily disagree with you, because in a way you're right. But I think it's like another poster said, these are real, living people. Personally, I would find it insulting that the actual facts aren't enough of a glimpse into my personality/private life to satiate the appetite of my admirers. But, maybe I'm just weird.

And I would never mock a teenager for fantasizing about their 'idols'. It's a perfectly healthy stage after Barbie dolls. ;)

^^

You said the facts yourself: video and audio documentation. Four men came together and made some really incredible music; that's it. What other facts do we really need to know?

Edited by sonshine

Silly rabbit, let's not pretend that conjecture and speculation don't play fun and entertaining roles in these forums. You're obviously too mature to engage in such nonsense, but the law of averages does dictate that many of us will never be able to play at your level of awesome.

There are certain subjects, fabricated, exaggerated, or otherwise, which are inseparable from Led Zeppelin mythology:The mudshark, Lori Maddox, the New Orleans drag queen, black magic. If you aren't familiar with these references, you'd be in the minority. Though well known and often discussed and debated, they are what they are - a backdrop to what's really special about the band, the music and the recordings. Whatever amount of truth exists in these tales and whatever your interest in them is is irrelevant. For better or worse, they are forever part of "The Led Zeppelin Saga".

When I was fifteen, before I had any concert tapes or even collected all the official albums, I had read Hammer Of The Gods. It didn't matter what if any of it was true. But it did spark my interest and ultimately led me to the music. It served a purpose. Is that really a problem for you? Such a problem that you need to step on other people's interests to lift yourself above them?

^^ For the record, I began by saying "...in a way you're right...". I disagree with nothing in your post. Of course the stories (factual or not) are important and serve their purpose. Who could possibly disagree with that? I'm not sure why you're quick to jump on the defensive over it. You asked for the facts, well audio and video documentation is as close to 'fact' as we can get, without getting the facts from the horses' mouths.

But we're talking about fan-fiction. Considering the real stories are already out there (discrepancies and all) why would any grown adult wish to indulge in such fantasies? I don't understand it. Yes, I do think its immature, but this is only my opinion, which I was expressing, briefly, in a snotty yet humorous way. Fail. My apologies to the OP if my comment has offended her, I probably could have denied myself. And I'm not aiming to "step on anybody's interests here" or attempting to "lift myself up". To each his or her own, always. But honestly, who cares what I think? Nobody, I'm sure. I'm only me, and I'm nothing on the level of awesome.

Your post was insulting but a point was made. Sincerest thanks for your honesty.

Edited by sonshine

what are people's opinions on slash shipping (relationships between band members). does it make you cringe? do you do it? does it not matter to you? 

11 hours ago, bonzoinhismontreaux said:

what are people's opinions on slash shipping (relationships between band members). does it make you cringe? do you do it? does it not matter to you? 

What is Slash shipping :huh: