Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
geekfreak

DEEP THINKING ABOUT

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

I always heard that classical music was the heavy metal of yesteryear.

Tchaikovsky wrote alot of riffs! He even had canons firing during the 1812 overture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Victor said:

Tchaikovsky wrote alot of riffs! He even had canons firing during the 1812 overture.

For those about to rock, we salute you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that totally threw me off^^

But my demise is an occasional deep thought. The older i gets plus people my/your age dying makes one put it all into perspective .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

I always heard that classical music was the heavy metal of yesteryear.

I agree! :yesnod:

I am no expert but, what attracted me to both classical music and heavy metal were aspects like a rapid change in tempo and all the unexpected twists and turns within a composition. I really love heavy metal songs with complex and unexpected chord progressions. You never know what's going to happen next, while listening! Both genres of music really relax my mind and help me de-stress! :)

I think you'll like this meme :lol:

aa014d24f7c3e010d6acc3bc2dbdf4f2--music-quotes-heavy-metal.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, greengrass said:

Baroque with the diminished fifth was the Black Sabbath of the day, but you should've known that? lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritone

Yes I knew that, the Devil's Tritone, that's in the song Black Sabbath, it was forbidden to play back in the day.

8 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

I agree! :yesnod:

I am no expert but, what attracted me to both classical music and heavy metal were aspects like a rapid change in tempo and all the unexpected twists and turns within a composition. I really love heavy metal songs with complex and unexpected chord progressions. You never know what's going to happen next, while listening! Both genres of music really relax my mind and help me de-stress! :)

I think you'll like this meme :lol:

aa014d24f7c3e010d6acc3bc2dbdf4f2--music-quotes-heavy-metal.jpg

Pretty cool kiwi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn right it was, some obviously more than others. Berlioz & Wagner were seriously metal, and as mentioned before the diminished fifth from baroque.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, IpMan said:

Damn right it was, some obviously more than others. Berlioz & Wagner were seriously metal, and as mentioned before the diminished fifth from baroque.

Then there's the Prog connection, I'm convinced that Robert Fripp/ King Crimson had inspiration from Igor Stravinsky's "Rite of Spring"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2018 at 6:22 PM, chef free said:

Classical music was the progressive rock of its time!

Except they had no idea what a Temple of Syrinx or a Topographical Ocean was...those longhairs were too busy with nymphs, fairies, and Uber-Mensch for that nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 2:15 PM, LedZed66 said:

Definitely heavy

 

 

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 1:22 AM, chef free said:

Classical music was the progressive rock of its time!

 

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:17 PM, IpMan said:

Damn right it was, some obviously more than others. Berlioz & Wagner were seriously metal, and as mentioned before the diminished fifth from baroque.

 

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:50 AM, IpMan said:

Except they had no idea what a Temple of Syrinx or a Topographical Ocean was...those longhairs were too busy with nymphs, fairies, and Uber-Mensch for that nonsense.

wow  wee deep? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just listened to The Temptations "Papa Was a Rolling Stone" and it made me wonder about the chorus:

 

Papa was a rolling stone.
Wherever he laid his hat was his home.
And when he died, all he left us was alone.

That last line is an awesome homonym.  And when he died, all he left us was "alone" or "a loan", both fit well with the song.  I wonder, was this intentional?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

I just listened to The Temptations "Papa Was a Rolling Stone" and it made me wonder about the chorus:

 

Papa was a rolling stone.
Wherever he laid his hat was his home.
And when he died, all he left us was alone.

That last line is an awesome homonym.  And when he died, all he left us was "alone" or "a loan", both fit well with the song.  I wonder, was this intentional?

 

 

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seem nothing changes for but they`ll all stay the same. so where`s the likelihood of being surprized in anything is ZERO!!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

new aimed the older standing points of understanding the bells toll for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×