DEEP THINKING ABOUT

geekfreak

9 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

I always heard that classical music was the heavy metal of yesteryear.

I agree! :yesnod:

I am no expert but, what attracted me to both classical music and heavy metal were aspects like a rapid change in tempo and all the unexpected twists and turns within a composition. I really love heavy metal songs with complex and unexpected chord progressions. You never know what's going to happen next, while listening! Both genres of music really relax my mind and help me de-stress! :)

I think you'll like this meme :lol:

aa014d24f7c3e010d6acc3bc2dbdf4f2--music-quotes-heavy-metal.jpg

10 hours ago, greengrass said:

Baroque with the diminished fifth was the Black Sabbath of the day, but you should've known that? lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritone

Yes I knew that, the Devil's Tritone, that's in the song Black Sabbath, it was forbidden to play back in the day.

8 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

I agree! :yesnod:

I am no expert but, what attracted me to both classical music and heavy metal were aspects like a rapid change in tempo and all the unexpected twists and turns within a composition. I really love heavy metal songs with complex and unexpected chord progressions. You never know what's going to happen next, while listening! Both genres of music really relax my mind and help me de-stress! :)

I think you'll like this meme :lol:

aa014d24f7c3e010d6acc3bc2dbdf4f2--music-quotes-heavy-metal.jpg

Pretty cool kiwi.

18 hours ago, IpMan said:

Damn right it was, some obviously more than others. Berlioz & Wagner were seriously metal, and as mentioned before the diminished fifth from baroque.

Then there's the Prog connection, I'm convinced that Robert Fripp/ King Crimson had inspiration from Igor Stravinsky's "Rite of Spring"

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2018 at 6:22 PM, chef free said:

Classical music was the progressive rock of its time!

Except they had no idea what a Temple of Syrinx or a Topographical Ocean was...those longhairs were too busy with nymphs, fairies, and Uber-Mensch for that nonsense.

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 2:15 PM, LedZed66 said:

Definitely heavy

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 1:22 AM, chef free said:

Classical music was the progressive rock of its time!

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:17 PM, IpMan said:

Damn right it was, some obviously more than others. Berlioz & Wagner were seriously metal, and as mentioned before the diminished fifth from baroque.

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:50 AM, IpMan said:

Except they had no idea what a Temple of Syrinx or a Topographical Ocean was...those longhairs were too busy with nymphs, fairies, and Uber-Mensch for that nonsense.

wow  wee deep? 

• 2 weeks later...

I just listened to The Temptations "Papa Was a Rolling Stone" and it made me wonder about the chorus:

Papa was a rolling stone.
Wherever he laid his hat was his home.
And when he died, all he left us was alone.

That last line is an awesome homonym.  And when he died, all he left us was "alone" or "a loan", both fit well with the song.  I wonder, was this intentional?

2 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

I just listened to The Temptations "Papa Was a Rolling Stone" and it made me wonder about the chorus:

Papa was a rolling stone.
Wherever he laid his hat was his home.
And when he died, all he left us was alone.

That last line is an awesome homonym.  And when he died, all he left us was "alone" or "a loan", both fit well with the song.  I wonder, was this intentional?

Yes

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is anybody else interested in 3D Stereoscopic technology that became a craze during the Victorian Era? Apparently, it has been deemed as the earliest form of Virtual Reality.

I find it absolutely fascinating! I am currently watching a very interesting lecture on the subject:

Also, there are some fascinating books being produced using Stereoscopic technology, thanks to the London Stereoscopic Company. I purchased one fairly recently which is a heavily Victorian era themed book called "The Poor Man's Picture Gallery."

https://www.londonstereo.com/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

:hysterical:

Oh, I remember that thread. That was fun. See also the fictional thread on the band's post-O2 World Tour, where the fans put the band on the road. One thing that is most striking about old threads is the amount of You Tube content that has since been pulled from that site. I miss the Wild West days of You Tube when one actually could find literally anything.