Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
geekfreak

DEEP THINKING ABOUT

3 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

I always heard that classical music was the heavy metal of yesteryear.

Tchaikovsky wrote alot of riffs! He even had canons firing during the 1812 overture.

3 hours ago, Victor said:

Tchaikovsky wrote alot of riffs! He even had canons firing during the 1812 overture.

For those about to rock, we salute you!

Well that totally threw me off^^

But my demise is an occasional deep thought. The older i gets plus people my/your age dying makes one put it all into perspective .

9 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

I always heard that classical music was the heavy metal of yesteryear.

I agree! :yesnod:

I am no expert but, what attracted me to both classical music and heavy metal were aspects like a rapid change in tempo and all the unexpected twists and turns within a composition. I really love heavy metal songs with complex and unexpected chord progressions. You never know what's going to happen next, while listening! Both genres of music really relax my mind and help me de-stress! :)

I think you'll like this meme :lol:

aa014d24f7c3e010d6acc3bc2dbdf4f2--music-quotes-heavy-metal.jpg

10 hours ago, greengrass said:

Baroque with the diminished fifth was the Black Sabbath of the day, but you should've known that? lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritone

Yes I knew that, the Devil's Tritone, that's in the song Black Sabbath, it was forbidden to play back in the day.

8 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

I agree! :yesnod:

I am no expert but, what attracted me to both classical music and heavy metal were aspects like a rapid change in tempo and all the unexpected twists and turns within a composition. I really love heavy metal songs with complex and unexpected chord progressions. You never know what's going to happen next, while listening! Both genres of music really relax my mind and help me de-stress! :)

I think you'll like this meme :lol:

aa014d24f7c3e010d6acc3bc2dbdf4f2--music-quotes-heavy-metal.jpg

Pretty cool kiwi.

Damn right it was, some obviously more than others. Berlioz & Wagner were seriously metal, and as mentioned before the diminished fifth from baroque.

18 hours ago, IpMan said:

Damn right it was, some obviously more than others. Berlioz & Wagner were seriously metal, and as mentioned before the diminished fifth from baroque.

Then there's the Prog connection, I'm convinced that Robert Fripp/ King Crimson had inspiration from Igor Stravinsky's "Rite of Spring"

On 1/30/2018 at 6:22 PM, chef free said:

Classical music was the progressive rock of its time!

Except they had no idea what a Temple of Syrinx or a Topographical Ocean was...those longhairs were too busy with nymphs, fairies, and Uber-Mensch for that nonsense.

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 2:15 PM, LedZed66 said:

Definitely heavy

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 1:22 AM, chef free said:

Classical music was the progressive rock of its time!

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:17 PM, IpMan said:

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:50 AM, IpMan said:

Except they had no idea what a Temple of Syrinx or a Topographical Ocean was...those longhairs were too busy with nymphs, fairies, and Uber-Mensch for that nonsense.

wow  wee deep? 

I just listened to The Temptations "Papa Was a Rolling Stone" and it made me wonder about the chorus:

Papa was a rolling stone.
Wherever he laid his hat was his home.
And when he died, all he left us was alone.

That last line is an awesome homonym.  And when he died, all he left us was "alone" or "a loan", both fit well with the song.  I wonder, was this intentional?

2 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

I just listened to The Temptations "Papa Was a Rolling Stone" and it made me wonder about the chorus:

Papa was a rolling stone.
Wherever he laid his hat was his home.
And when he died, all he left us was alone.

That last line is an awesome homonym.  And when he died, all he left us was "alone" or "a loan", both fit well with the song.  I wonder, was this intentional?

Yes

Seem nothing changes for but they`ll all stay the same. so where`s the likelihood of being surprized in anything is ZERO!!!!! 

new aimed the older standing points of understanding the bells toll for you?