REMASTERED LED ZEPPELIN III: Post Your Reactions/Reviews Here

Strider

Here's my first view of the Led Zeppelin III SDBS sitting outside my front door this afternoon. Bloody Amazon didn't even seal the shipping box. Luckily, the "Fragile Handle With Care" box was still intact and present. I haven't closely inspected the vinyl yet but the inner packaging all seems to be in good condition. LZ1 and LZ2 arrived in a separate box...sealed but partially collapsed on top.

I've been playing the HD Tracks of LZ1 tonight and it's impressive. There is just so much to take in. I haven't even touched the CD's or vinyl yet (I did smell it though) and my books are still sealed. I plan to explore this wealth of content over the next couple weeks. What a thrill to have this awesome presentation to enjoy!

20140603_183656_resized.jpg

Also a bit of a shame that the first few notes have been edited off 'Jennings Farm Blues', compared with the bootleg version. Another tiny nitpick!

And they clipped the ending! That spoiled my eargasm a tiny bit as well. But hey - it still sounds amazing.

Does anyone else find it funny they named the basic idea for Out On The Tiles, "Bathroom Sound Track No Vocals"? Why name it something cryptic like that? sure its a soundtrack they made in a bathroom with no vocals but it became an actual song on the album. I mean why name other outtakes for the song they became and not this one. makes no sense to me.

Has he not named the outtakes as per what was written on the tins in the studio? He certainly mentioned that 'La La' was written on the tin he found.

Edited by Mook

Disc placement for the main album is a little tight and no inner sleeve like there was on the last replica sleeve reissue, The companion side is a little looser so you can place the disc inside the booklet.

Edited by JTM

Does anyone else find it funny they named the basic idea for Out On The Tiles, "Bathroom Sound Track No Vocals"? Why name it something cryptic like that? sure its a soundtrack they made in a bathroom with no vocals but it became an actual song on the album. I mean why name other outtakes for the song they became and not this one. makes no sense to me.

Weren't Bonzo's drums set up in a bathroom for this song? If so, that's probably where it comes from.

You're talking about a band that labeled their next album with four symbols and left the title track off the subsequent one.

And "Bathroom Sound" is cryptic? It was just a working title that Jimmy decided to keep, maybe as an historical footnote.

Historical footnote eh!? Call La La an historical footnote, it never became a track on an album. Bathroom sound isn't a working title anymore, now its a misdirection that gives me the person buying this stuff the idea that another song I never heard was included. Jimmy may have wrote BSNV on the container but he knows Its Out On The Tiles no matter how you want to slice it. I feel it should have been named as such, Like, rough idea for OOTT no vocals. Now I know what I am getting 100% and not sitting around hoping for something else I never heard as a reason for buying.

You think Jimmy's gonna give us an outtake of WTLB and call it hallway sound? Its been mentioned many times that they recorded the drums from a hallway? so why not right? I just think its a little sneaky. They previewed La La but never said anything about bathroom sound so of course people like myself are thinking there's one Easter egg left as surprise! guess what!. it wasn't. It's kind of a let down. I love OOTT because of its simplicity. I also have a few takes and one of them is probably the one they released. To me it just seems a tad sneaky to hide a known track under some obscure bullshit title like bathroom sound just because a tape was labeled that way.

Edited by juxtiphi

"Hallway Sound". :lol: If Jimmy was going through his vaults and found a tape called "Bathroom Sound" why change the name of it? Why is it wrong to keep true to history? I don't see it as 'sneaky'. I think it's cool. Maybe that track means little to you but I can see where it will be appreciated/useful to a budding musician and other Led Zeppelin fans.

And didn't Jimmy say the bonus tracks have never been heard before? I thought I read that somewhere.....

I agree that the companion cd plays like a solid lp. I've liked when plant didn't over sing sibly, in 07 and in 79, so this version is much different with plant taking it down a level. The raw, live studio sound is so real and interesting sounding on all the stuff. The heavy country blues of Jennings farm is phenomenal. On this record, I see immigrant song and sibly getting radio airplay and satellite radio playing everything else.

"Hallway Sound". :lol: If Jimmy was going through his vaults and found a tape called "Bathroom Sound" why change the name of it? Why is it wrong to keep true to history? I don't see it as 'sneaky'. I think it's cool. Maybe that track means little to you but I can see where it will be appreciated/useful to a budding musician and other Led Zeppelin fans.

And didn't Jimmy say the bonus tracks have never been heard before? I thought I read that somewhere.....

really? budding musicians will find the title useful? Now that's funny. My collection contains all the bootlegs. But I made a mistake, I said I had 4 versions but its 2, 3 if we count this new one as different. However I think its the same take just some of the lead in and out has been trimmed and the sound has been polished but I'm pretty sure its the same track. Even if it isn't its so similar to the other one as to be no different at all so there's jimmy being true just like with I can't quit you babe from coda.

BTW there's a lot of stuff to left to hear, though it may not have the full sound quality its still well worth the listen and could quite possibly be of some use to budding musicians who have the desire to listen to a master at work.

Edited by juxtiphi

As someone who has been trying to re-learn/learn to play the guitar over the past year, I find it quite interesting to hear the less-produced sounds and get more of a sense of what it was like for them to be jamming and putting things together. To me that's the best thing about it. I so far only have the digital versions in my Amazon Cloud from Auto-rip as I have not yet received the CDs.

As someone who has been trying to re-learn/learn to play the guitar over the past year, I find it quite interesting to hear the less-produced sounds and get more of a sense of what it was like for them to be jamming and putting things together. To me that's the best thing about it. I so far only have the digital versions in my Amazon Cloud from Auto-rip as I have not yet received the CDs.

Forget the cds and digital files, it's the vinyl that will blow you away. It's the way any great music was meant to be heard!

Edited by SuperDave

Forget the cds and digital files, it's the vinyl that will blow you away. It's the way any great music was meant to be heard!

Yes; well, I live in a small apartment with no turntable. The digital remasters are definitely better than my old CDs though.

Edited by ScarletMacaw

I'm wishing all the albums had a live disc and a studio sessions disc, but this is my favorite out of the three releases. I'll eventually hear the "mixed for iTunes" when all the albums are out and pick a small handful of songs after the verdict's in on the catalog.

"Hey Hey What Can I Do" should have been on it. I was hoping "Bombay Friends" was going to be on it, but realized that's a couple of years later.

After reading quite a few horror stories from those who ordered from amazon and received damaged goods, I cancelled mine. So I drove to media markt after work and bought the three pizza boxes. All three extremely well packaged (and by jove....heavy!!!!). They have French stickers and they were also a bit cheaper than Amazon UK (who changed their free shipping policy above £25) or Amazon Germany

LZIII is the winner. It has been my favorite for decades and now I hear why. The companion disc is a treat and the only minor quible I can think of is that Studio Daze 'feel so bad-blues medley' is just a tad superior compared to 'keys to the highway'

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH!

Wife has stepped out, the boy has gone out for the night, footy on the telly, under a blanket on the couch with laptop posting here, stereo just behind me and the windows are rattlin' haven't been able to proceed to the other discs yet, LZIII companion disc that is blazin' away, love it all and especially Bathroom Song what a riveting jam that is, Jennings Farm Blues astounding and Keys to the Highway/Trouble in Mind, Zeppelin blues are the standard and a genre if you ask me, no one does it like em'!

post-11164-0-69880500-1402138622_thumb.j

Edited by zepdawg

love it all and especially Bathroom Song what a riveting jam that is,

:ahhh: a riveting jam! its exactly like the album version with no lyrics! :yesnod: this isnt something you've never heard before unless you never made it all the way through Zep III. :mad:

C'mon people its Out On The Tiles no matter what Jimmy calls it, it will never be anything else. I'm serious about that. :rtfm::wave:

Edited by juxtiphi

:ahhh: a riveting jam! its exactly like the album version with no lyrics! :yesnod: this isnt something you've never heard before unless you never made it all the way through Zep III. :mad:

C'mon people its Out On The Tiles no matter what Jimmy calls it, it will never be anything else. I'm serious about that. :rtfm::wave:

Well just relaying how good they are, a track we all know and then go and remove the vocals and still dig it immensely, take a chill pill man!

Well just relaying how good they are, a track we all know and then go and remove the vocals and still dig it immensely, take a chill pill man!

I'm not mad I was being very cheeky. That's what all the emoticons were supposed to impart. If were truly upset I wouldn't bother to use the cons at all.

Zeppelin!! :suntan: