What #'s of the limited edition numbered super deluxe box sets did you get?

luvlz2

It seems odd to me that of all the fans in the world, that I was able to get 1/30000 for each of the releases (1-3 months after their release). Is it possible that it is a scam?

No, I just think that physical brick-and-mortar shops got preference over Amazon and the internet when it came to divvying up the numbered editions. None of the Super Deluxe Editions I bought have the problems and flaws that people who got theirs thru Amazon have complained about...missing discs, wrong labels, scratched vinyl, torn packaging, etc. There are still numbered editions at the record stores I frequent.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks to all for your posts; Amazon.Ca is overall best source relatively convenient (I am very hesitant online) and economically sound than others posted here; will be joining the ranks soon with Superdeluxe from AMZON.CA, I delayed a bit as I was thinking about Barnes and Noble, or HMV... I hope it will be numbered, if not, just as well; it is most beautiful music from Jimmy and so very emotional about this along with Him...Timeless Youth belongs to you Jimmy!!

I will post the update as to what comes with number or not soon..

I have not opened any of them yet. Since I need to order a new turntable...did not want to open until I could actually play.

WHere is the number located, on the Vinyl itself, or jacket? etc..

I CANNOT WAIT!!!! TO hear there. For Physical Grf I got the Super Deluxe so I could at least listen to CD... or Lossless.

The number is on the album cover print included in each Super Deluxe Box Set edition.

...THanks for this info; just purchased HMV Superdeluxe...so no waiting on this one or going online for me! I have it!

I will open it for the number update; although it does not matter to me... I will have to understand download, not sure of this at all...

Thought I had a chance for one of the lowest numbers for us here....until I saw Melcore's. That's quite a low one!

Mine for PG is my lowest so far at 8,754. May be my first under 20,000. Received it this afternoon. Came in perfect condition as that's always good and more importantly as it's my favorite LZ album! Listening to the Companion LP now!

Thought I had a chance for one of the lowest numbers for us here....until I saw Melcore's. That's quite a low one!

Mine for PG is my lowest so far at 8,754. May be my first under 20,000. Received it this afternoon. Came in perfect condition as that's always good and more importantly as it's my favorite LZ album! Listening to the Companion LP now!

pmarsh22 beat us both!

I ordered II and III from Amazon UK, both numbered, details in previous note in the thread,

Then ordered I, again from Amazon and again numbered.

Thinking at the time, "lucky boy" all numbered.

Then when I ordered IV and Houses, i started to get a wee bit on anxiety around getting numbered boxes,

Nothing too serious but it was a worry.

But they arrived numbered and all is well.

So I then pre-order PG, and jeez was I stressed or what, and reading this blog did not help, guys returning their orders, guys disappointed etc.

Last week I was a wreck, wondering, what will I do if I get an unnumbered box. Never in my life was I so worried about a bloody LP.

Alls well that ends well, no 00461' I love you.

God help me in the run up to ITTOD.

Got my PG from Amazon on pre-order, and thankfully it is numbered. I had scouted around for others, just in case. If anyone is without a numbered copy, Lostinvinyl (in the UK) has one on eBay - he's confirmed that its numbered and I've seen a photograph of the sticker that confirms this.

Listing is here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291382933000

All the best,

Jason

Got my PG from Amazon on pre-order, and thankfully it is numbered. I had scouted around for others, just in case. If anyone is without a numbered copy, Lostinvinyl (in the UK) has one on eBay - he's confirmed that its numbered and I've seen a photograph of the sticker that confirms this.

Listing is here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291382933000

All the best,

Jason

No need to worry there was STILL a numbered print III(£99) in a shop I visited the other day do I would think the same will happen for PG.

Edited by JTM

..."If there is Heaven, this is it, this is it/Kashmir

...Structures that once were, now their pavements lead to the homes of the hearts,.. James!

#09490/30000-HMV Physical Graffiti, LZ

">http://PGBoxSDeluxe.photo_zpsead95ynj.jpg

#436 Talbot Street/PlanetPage, LZ

FirstHome.Talbot%20Street_zpsqqoog6qm.jp

Edited by PlanetPage

At home with my Super Deluxe Box of "Physical Graffiti" right now...got # 18544/30000.

You and a few others here including myself deserve a number in the top 10! We deserve it, considering the fans we are and the amount of $$$ we've put into supporting thisband and getting our fix with them! Who deserves it more than us Sean?.....No one!

..."If there is Heaven, this is it, this is it/Kashmir

...Structures that once were, now their payments lead to the homes of the hearts,.. James!

#09490/30000-HMV Physical Graffiti, LZ

">http://PGBoxSDeluxe.photo_zpsead95ynj.jpg

#436 Talbot Street/PlanetPage, LZ

FirstHome.Talbot%20Street_zpsqqoog6qm.jp

Does have some resemblance to the original building but not St. Marks Place in NYC. I have visited the original, which is only a train ride away for me or car if I want to be an idiot an deal with the parking in the city....no!!!

You and a few others here including myself deserve a number in the top 10! We deserve it, considering the fans we are and the amount of $$$ we've put into supporting thisband and getting our fix with them! Who deserves it more than us Sean?.....No one!

As Clint Eastwood once said..."Deserving's got nothing to do with it." I am happy to be among the 30,000 other happy campers. Whoever gets #1, good on them.

Does have some resemblance to the original building but not St. Marks Place in NYC. I have visited the original, which is only a train ride away for me or car if I want to be an idiot an deal with the parking in the city....no!!!

,,,Thank you Dave, for your most expert knowledge...Talbot St. apartments were our first residence from '74-'75; both buildings foundation in 18th Century;