"Jimmy Page needs to have a good rest"

royalrumpus

I saw Robert live 2 years ago and he played about 95% Zep songs and his singing was fine. I do think if Robert is so against getting back together with Zep, maybe he should focus of singing songs from his solo career instead.

John Davis tweeted this morning.

"Terrific session this morning with James Patrick Page"

Certainly the remasters are done, so...at least some progress with solo material?

Intersting! Thank you! :)

One part of me wants to say that Robert might have reason to resist the hype that would surely come the instant a tour is announced. Another part says that he has the experience of years since "Heaven knows" that tells me that he should just get on with it. They could easily work it in that they could just away,. make an Album with Jimmy's pent up energy and John Paul working the edges. Jason's relative youth too fill it out comparitively to what his father would bring at what 69. Oh well, times running out. I hope Jimmy finds the inspiration somewhere...

John Davis tweeted this morning.

"Terrific session this morning with James Patrick Page"

Certainly the remasters are done, so...at least some progress with solo material?

saw that, very very interesting I wonder what he's up to? I mean probably recording guitar tracks and such, but I cannot for the life of me imagine there being a band there? Will be very interesting to see who he gathers up when he records, he's always been such a "band" guy that I can imagine if/when he makes something, the players are all the same across all the tracks and not a rotating cast of characters.....although it would kind of shock me if he didn't in some way rope in JPJ and lil bonzo somehow......

Pretty cool, I wonder what he's up to. I also have the impression he hates it when anyone he's working with opens their mouth about the proceedings, whether it's Jason, Kevin Shirley, Guy Pratt (he has talked about this), or in this case John Davis. Methinks John should keep it zipped if he wants to keep working with James!

Also makes me wonder if there will be any leaks from band mates should he get some musicians together, etc. Really hard to keep things quiet these days, although Bowie pulled it off as Jimmy mentioned in a recent interview...

After the last slap on the tweet, I'm guessing this one was very much approved.

It seems that way, especially since the tweet is still there.

In fact, someone asked John what Page was doing and he responded with

"experimental time-travelling sound adventures!"

Perhaps Page is scoring the next season of Doctor Who :P

Here's the link to the original tweet.

https://twitter.com/daftfader/status/479604207587438592

It seems that way, especially since the tweet is still there.

In fact, someone asked John what Page was doing and he responded with

"experimental time-travelling sound adventures!"

Perhaps Page is scoring the next season of Doctor Who :P

Here's the link to the original tweet.

https://twitter.com/daftfader/status/479604207587438592

Wow that is so freaking awesome! I wonder too what he is doing there? Whatever it is I hope we get to hear what he is doing someday!

I just read the entire tweet in context this morning. It sounds so exciting! I just hope that Jimmy does not get irritated by the leak and it slows down the finished stuff! :) I can not wait for whatever it is. I hope Jimmy shares it with us soon.

John Davis is a mastering engineer, not a recording engineer. So in all probability this is Jimmy tarting up some old stuff from his archives...... as to exactly what that may be, well that might be interesting, if we ever get to hear it. Very doubtful that it'll be 'new' (as in brand new from Jimmy rather than new to us) material. I don't think we'll hear anything 'new' until after the re-re-masters rigamarole is totally done with (if at all).

My personal opinion is this

1/ They don't need the money to reform....that is actually a good reason. How sad would it be if it was just for the cash.

2/ If they got back together , it would have to be brilliant. Celebration Day proves it could be worthy , Robert Plant singing in 2014 is fine & Jimmy & JPJ look in good shape. Jason Bonham is the only choice for drummer anyone else FORGET IT!!!

3/ If they got back together would we actually appreciate it ? And could we afford to see it. Celebrities might but what about ordinary fans?

4/ If they got back together how many gigs do you want? An Elvis treadmill would KILL them!!

5/ I would be more than happy for them to do new material/new sounds but I doubt I will ever be ready for Zep to go Techno on me!!

6/ I can live with them not bothering & keeping the legacy good. I hope Jimmy Page would do something interesting but please no hooking up with Coverdale or Rodgers ....they are just substitutes for another guy

Thanks

a "Live" IMGL would be great, a guitar and producing lecture at a studio with Q&A relating to studio and live performance, Eddie Kramer does em

I don't know what IMGL means, but the rest of what you suggest sounds like a beautiful dream. If only! Jimmy is too big though, too major. It would be like Brian Wilson (bless 'im! He turns 72 today) teaching songwriting and arranging at the local university, or Mariah Carey giving voice lessons out of her home.

I don't know what IMGL means, but the rest of what you suggest sounds like a beautiful dream. If only! Jimmy is too big though, too major. It would be like Brian Wilson (bless 'im! He turns 72 today) teaching songwriting and arranging at the local university, or Mariah Carey giving voice lessons out of her home.

It Might Get Loud.....wont happen, it's a nice idea but can you imagine all the inane questions that would have to be weeded out of a Q&A.

Yeah it might get loud vibe small circular stage a host and jimmy and his LP

My dads friend runs a music school in London and a while back they got billy cobham to do a drum clinic and a few few years back, big Jim Sullivan! Anythings possible ! It could be ticket only, 50 max at Abbey Road or Olympic. Questions submitted beforehand, just like question time

For what it's worth I don't think either Page or Plant is being unreasonable. Plant has every right to run his career as he sees fit. If he ain't feeling a LZ reunion, well he doesn't owe it to anyone to do it. OTOH, many of Page's rock peers are out there touring with the bands that made them rich and famous. If the Stones, the Eagles or the WHO can set aside their differences in order to tour together then why can't HIS band?

For what it's worth I don't think either Page or Plant is being unreasonable. Plant has every right to run his career as he sees fit. If he ain't feeling a LZ reunion, well he doesn't owe it to anyone to do it. OTOH, many of Page's rock peers are out there touring with the bands that made them rich and famous. If the Stones, the Eagles or the WHO can set aside their differences in order to tour together then why can't HIS band?

Why? Because Plant believes the three bands you mentioned are touring for all the WRONG reasons, he wants no part of that.

Why? Because Plant believes the three bands you mentioned are touring for all the WRONG reasons, he wants no part of that.

And that's where he's being judgemental, he should know better. I respect Robert's right to run his career as he sees fit but he doesn't need to throw anyone else under the bus to justify it. I thought Don Henley was right to return serve on that comment, and did so effectively.

And that's where he's being judgemental, he should know better. I respect Robert's right to run his career as he sees fit but he doesn't need to throw anyone else under the bus to justify it.

This. IMO, Plant and Henley's recent career moves are equally valid.

Archived