2014-15 NBA Thread....

paul carruthers

This whole game looked like the fourth quarter of game 3. Switching out a center, Boget, for a forward, Lee, sped up the pace and put the hurt on over used (avg. 47 min per game) LeBron. Its really too bad Love and Eriving are out, now that would have made a great series!

King (of the floppers) James sure gets all the calls! Then he complains after every play. I have hated Joe Crawford since the Chris Mullin days!

This whole game looked like the fourth quarter of game 3. Switching out a center, Boget, for a forward, Lee, sped up the pace and put the hurt on over used (avg. 47 min per game) LeBron. Its really too bad Love and Eriving are out, now that would have made a great series!

King (of the floppers) James sure gets all the calls! Then he complains after every play. I have hated Joe Crawford since the Chris Mullin days!

That's truly why he's so hated - he expects everything to be given to him! Calls, championships, to be considered one of the greats.... He embraced the term King James (a high school nickname) when he'd accomplished/won nothing. If he loses this Finals, he'll be what. 2-4 in The Finals? The two he won, he needed Dwayne Wade and Ray Allen to hit the game winning shots he couldn't make. Instead of being compared to MJ, he really should be compared to Pipen.

Great team effort last night, Golden State!

Probably been mentioned but he also gets away with traveling more than anyone I've ever seen. Even when he posts up, you can see him shifting his pivot foot around. Another fairly obvious observation, Steph Curry can shoot the rock. :yesnod:

That foul by Bogut where Lebron ended up with a camera stuck in his head, was Lebron in a nutshell. Bogut fouls him, lebron lands feet and hands down, but then magically loses his balance and starts flying behind the post and hits the camera. His worst performance yet. Maybe he'll think twice next time before he decides he needs to get theatrical. That was horrendous.

Unnecessary risk that could have cost him a lot more than just a gash to the scalp.

Curry was lights out with some incredible accuracy from deep DEEP beyond the arc. Delly was giving him fits but now Curry seems to have figured out how to give himself enough space to get his shots off. Kerr's adjustments have helped, too. I like Blatt and it's a bit bittersweet to cheer against him, but I hope GWS win it all.

I can't even think straight. Tonight's emotion, should it go the way of the Warriors, is gonna be something palpable. Obviously for the players, coaches and the rest of the organization, but for us fans...good golly miss molly. In the Babyfaced Assassin we trust.

Going to hit the gym, dust myself off, then head to a watch party at The Grad down in Davis. Wish i could be in Oakland tonight.

To Mr. Chef, see you on the other side.

Exactly. End this torture tonight Golden State! I'm sooooooo weary of ESPN slurping Lebron's dick.

My money is on GS tonight. I have them parlayed with the Orioles too. I like their chances the Warriors tonight. Last night a rare event. The Chicago Black Hawks hoisted the Stanley Cup on home Ice. It does not happen that often. I mentioned it here because I know Paul is not a hockey fan. So I thought I would give you an education my boy!!! :slapshot:

Woohoo! :yay: I hope you're popping the champagne chef free! You too, Funky Phantom.

Way to go Warriors! A California team winning the NBA championship. The West is Best.

40 years since Rick Barry and co won. Never do you see Rick Barry around any of this? I know he has quite a personality. He is a legend their nonetheless. Curry is their new Rick Barry. He is dynamite. Maybe the best 3 point shooter the league has ever seen? If he can keep it up. Next year several teams will challenge them including the Cavs. If Love stays and when Irving returns they will be tough to beat. In the West OKC and the Clippers should both be very good, but the Clippers are making some changes. So I will wait and see if they are good ones. The move they made yesterday is being questioned. But Barnes was not doing them any good. Its still too bad they blew that series vs Houston. I still believe they would have given Golden St their biggest test. I did not leave the set on long enough to see who the MVP was but I assume the guy that used to play for Philly. Inguadalo?

Woohoo! :yay: I hope you're popping the champagne chef free! You too, Funky Phantom.

Way to go Warriors! A California team winning the NBA championship. The West is Best.

I assumed he would win and he deserved to. Green you could make a case for also but Ing was certainly a big help in making Lebron's life miserable without Love and Irving. You add Love and Irving and look out. But can Love and James co exist in this type of set up? They have a star center, Lebron and with Love and Irving a team that certainly will be favored to go all the way. I expect OKC to come back with a vengeance. Not saying they win the West but will be in playoffs.

Watch The Decision II tonight on ESPN. LeBron James to announce his weekend plans now that they won't include a victory parade.

I wonder if Kevin Love fits into the plans next year? If Lebron wants him out he will be out and some other team will land a great player

Archived