2014-15 NBA Thread....

paul carruthers

smiley-sad006.gif

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11203027/lebron-james-says-returning-cleveland-cavaliers

Well, I can honestly say, I wish Lebron no ill will. 4 straight trips to the finals and 2 championship rings are pretty good. I'm not sure if the supporting cast in Cleveland will be any better than what he could have had in Miami--but given how weak the east is, I'm sure the Cavs will be instant contenders in the East...

We will see....anytime Bosh has been "the man", his team hasn't gone far and Wade certainly isn't getting any younger. It'll certainly test all facets of their organization.

San Antonio certainly has to be happy with how free agency turned out so far, nobody has really put together a great roster.

Well, we still have D-Wade, and Bosh. Losing the greatest player in the world will hurt, but I still think the Heat are a playoff team; maybe even still a contender to at least get to the Eastern Conference Finals...

of course they are a playoff team. But so is half the conference with teams with records under 500 for Gods sake. They are not going to the finals without Lebron. Cleveland was playing great for the guys they had last year. Now just imagine how good they will be. Its going to be Cleveland vs the Knicks because Phil Jackson is going to land a fish before the day is done. As for San Antonio, they are too old to repeat.Shocking enough they won again. But it took a long time and age will catch up with them for sure.Time waits for no one. Ever hear that Walter?

Yeah, I've heard it before Rick. Apparently you are waiting on time to take the Patriots and Spurs out of contention - still waiting though, aren't you....;)

San Antonio has a good mix, which is why they have been in the Finals two years in a row. This appears to be a transition period for the NBA. Could have a first time champ this season, OKC anyone?

Heh, still on that Spurs are old thing, eh Rick. I just have a feeling those senior citizens from the Spurs will be in the mix in the West, again....

They are going to be Melba toast just like your Heat. Are you kidding me? Whoever gets Kevin Love will have hit the damn lottery. If its Golden st, look out. The Clippers will be right there. Count on it. Houston will be better. The Lakers will suck. Your boys may be a final four in the East. But they wont beat Cleveland and will be perhaps on the same level as the Knicks and Chicago unless Phil Jackson pulls an Ace from the bottom of the deck like I expect him to. San Anton is done. And New England will be also

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lebron says the Bulls are better than the Cavs--is Lebron just trying to be modest & trying not to oversell the Cavaliers and their chances at winning it all or at the very least, winning the East?

And how will Derrick Rose come back--I don't know if we're at the point where we can call him injury prone, but I have my doubts as to whether he can go for 82 games...

Its going to take time to figure out who is playing where? The Cavs are pretty much being considered a lock in the East. It was not that long ago their fans had to sit through watching "the Decision". Now he comes back and all is forgiven. The public has short memory. I heard that a few times before. The West will still be a dog fight. OKC has to worry about keeping their head above water until KD returns. They may be good enough to stay in contention until then? Maybe. But the West is tougher than the East. I think this is the year the Clippers get there. They are deep and tough. Golden St is another with a shot. And I do think age will catch up to San Anton. Time waits for no one. I wonder how the T Wolves will do now that Love is gone? They got Wiggins. They could be better than people realize. Maybe they sneak into that 8 seed? Lakers? Cough. Sorry Strider. I loved them when they had Jerry West. Am I forgetting anyone? How about the Knicks? Do you think Phil Jackson will have a beer with Spike Lee? Maybe he will wear one. Why would Jackson piss off a devote season ticket holder and fan and face of the fan base? Don't get me wrong. I think he gets way too much press. Spike I mean. Has Phill put them in contention?

Archived