2014-15 NBA Thread....

paul carruthers

Heh, if anything should be riling someone up, it's the Clippers being picked to go all the way. Or as Chuck Barkley has often said, 'the Clippers are softer than tissue paper." ;)

Barclay was all over them last year. The former player, not sure of his name, was just on NBA channel. They were doing their picks. He picks the Clippers to win it all. So I am not alone. 8-1 and the 4th selection in Vegas, Big shot. Blake is going to be a beast. CP is a beast. Crawford best 6th man. Jordan down low. Monster of a team.

Indeed. Look, I got him so damn riled up he changed his pic to a red face

Yeah, who is that guy in your avatar pic, Paul? He's scaring me, haha.

Ho hum, the LOL lose their home opener to the Rockets. Nothing to see here...move along folks. Just another sorry chapter in the Jim Buss-era Lakers story. Last year was historically bad...this season could be even worse. Vomit, bagoverhead, every embarrassing emoticon you can think of...

They are being picked across the board to win their division. I have to see them play some good teams to really rate them. The Lakers tonight getting 6 1/2 at home to Houston. The Rockets should bury them but have been known to be lazy. I am waiting til tomorrow for a full schedule, lots of games to take a shot

Hi Rick - Raps won their home opener with the usual flair of giving up a big lead and gutting it out. If I recall, last year, we did very well against .500 and above teams. This year the core is back with a better bench, but the East is stronger, too. Crooklyn is going to fall on its pricey sword this year. Knicks lolololol. Bulls and Hornets look really strong. Lots of battles this year, but definitely a year of transition for once-mighty teams: Lakers and Knicks need time to get back their dominance. Boston under Ainge has done a respectable job at regaining respectability faster than other great franchises. Lots of drama and rivalries this year. Still have the Spurs winning it all again.

It's early, but so far good returns from the Heat and a stiff test tonight vs. the Rockets. In D-Wade I trust...

I took the Rockets last night and laid 9 1/2 on the road and covered it. Even though tired I like their chances tonight. I took Utah with the points last night and won. I knew the Clippers would win and not cover. They are not playing well yet and they have benched Griffin in shifts likely to wake him up or maybe its a conditioning thing? Some teams likely come in in better shape than others. Give them time, and they will get rolling. Golden St is going to be very good. Dallas seems to have returned to the mix.

Here's a question: Which team wins a game first...the Lakers or the Raiders? :bagoverhead:

Has to be the Lakers. Just has to be. But the Raiders have played better than their record indicates. I say they could beat several teams but luck of the draw was not on their side. AFC west theory in effect this week. I think the Raiders cover the 13

I hope they go into Boston and take them apart. I hate the Celtics. Go Raptors

Thanks, Rick! We won, this after being down by 16 at one point in the first half. Great team win even though we were without the starting PF and C.

I used to cheer for the C's back in the Bird days, but then Toronto got a team, and the rest is history.

The scheduling gods were kind this year and we have a home stretch early and late in the season. Very important to get that head start.

Well, a 3-0 start has now seen 2 straight losses--still good enough for 4th place in the Eastern Conference. I guess if i had to be realistic, 3rd or 4th is where the Heat may end up when the finish line gets here.

Meanwhile, the uncrowned Eastern Conference champs from Cleveland are 1-3--yo Lebron, tell me how Cleveland tastes now.... :D

Meanwhile, the uncrowned Eastern Conference champs from Cleveland are 1-3--yo Lebron, tell me how Cleveland tastes now.... :D

Who ever said they were gonna win the Eastern Conference? I would think Chicago has to be the heavy favorite in the East, imo.

As far as Cleveland goes, they are gonna need time to gel - I mean how many new starters do they have? If they are not looking good by late January, then you know they are in trouble. The all-star break is when they should be analyzed. As you already know, Paul, as long as your in - you've got a chance in the NBA and NHL playoffs. Glad you're giving Lebron some crap though! ;):)

I'm sure much earlier in the year when this matchup was scheduled, ESPN thought Pacers/Heat was going to be a clash of powers--but the Pace are struggling bigtime. I actually had to go and double check the standings to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me---Indiana at 2-6, near the very bottom of the Eastern Conference.

But, the Heat will still have to show up for work tonight. I would say there are no sure bets in sports--but the NBA is a different animal from the NFL or MLB. Usually the top teams in basketball dominate the regular and postseason....

Oh. My. Dios.

The Lakers finally won a game! :faint1:

Of course it was against the pathetic Hornets...um, Bobcats or Jordanaires or whatever.

They actually are not that bad. The Lakers caught them jet lagged or would have lost. They played a good game in Portland last night. Not the worst team. Maybe that goes to the Knicks? Phil Jackson robbed them blind. They could have paid me to come in there and play bigshot and I bet I could have put Spike Lee in a uniform and the fans would be happy

I'm sure much earlier in the year when this matchup was scheduled, ESPN thought Pacers/Heat was going to be a clash of powers--but the Pace are struggling bigtime. I actually had to go and double check the standings to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me---Indiana at 2-6, near the very bottom of the Eastern Conference.

But, the Heat will still have to show up for work tonight. I would say there are no sure bets in sports--but the NBA is a different animal from the NFL or MLB. Usually the top teams in basketball dominate the regular and postseason....

^Not surprising about the Pacers really, they were already mediocre offensively, now no Paul George or Lance Stevenson. Yikes!

Archived