Led Zepppelin DVD

riffsofpage

• 2 weeks later...

This DVD was life changing for me. Perhaps not in a climactic way, but the very first time i saw that epic How Many More Times from the Royal Albert Hall, i knew right then and there that this was gonna be my favorite band. And ever since then, i've listened to Zep everyday, several times, for some 9 odd years. That's definitely more of a lingering effect in my life than most things.

This DVD was life changing for me. Perhaps not in a climactic way, but the very first time i saw that epic How Many More Times from the Royal Albert Hall, i knew right then and there that this was gonna be my favorite band. And ever since then, i've listened to Zep everyday, several times, for some 9 odd years. That's definitely more of a lingering effect in my life than most things.

Imagine what that lingering effect will be like in 37 years :bubble:

• 2 weeks later...

Earl's Court and Knebworth were recorded on VHS which inherently has 240 lines whereas a high definition picture has 1080 lines. While a true HD version is impossible, a blu ray could be released where it's in 480 like a DVD but the bit rate could be made way higher than any DVD could handle, thus still making it a worthy upgrade.

Earl's Court and Knebworth were recorded on VHS which inherently has 240 lines whereas a high definition picture has 1080 lines. While a true HD version is impossible, a blu ray could be released where it's in 480 like a DVD but the bit rate could be made way higher than any DVD could handle, thus still making it a worthy upgrade.

this forum=your one stop shop for all your Led Zeppelin information ... thanks Sue

this forum=your one stop shop for all your Led Zeppelin information ... thanks Sue

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Gone back to watching Disc 2 almost daily at the moment. The DVD Set was my introduction into Led Zeppelin.

I'd had heard of Zep before of course but didn't know much about them and I was in a record store and saw the DVD in the music section. Having looked at the listing on the back, without knowing anything about them, I already knew it looked like a great live representation of the band. So I bought it there and then and havn't looked back since.

On 03/01/2015 at 5:15 PM, chillumpuffer said:

errrrrr no SW. I would have been a sprightly 8 year old and lived the other end of the country. I can only imagine what it was like !

And besides....it was in London!!! You would never have gone!!! 😜🎸

Archived