Presence: Super Deluxe

Paul

The songs are in a different league. You can't compare Achilles to Bring it on Home... they're opposite of one another. The three songs you listed are blues influenced, while ALS and FYL are from an era when Led Zeppelin defined their sound to a more progressive direction.

Anyways, Presence should be interesting as we have absolutely no outtakes from it besides fragments, assuming that this "alternate mix" comment that Page made is truly different.

• 2 weeks later...

Just (very) curious to see (ehmm...listen) about Tea for One, the most underrated song maybe. Why they didn't played it live? I can find anything unless some very original outtake (short and extremely bluesy)

Tea for One is my second fav Led Zeppelin song. I too am curious if there is an outtake of this song.

Please be a live concert!

By the way, there shouldn't be a whole lot of outtakes, this was only recorded in 2 weeks. (Not looking to crush anyone's hopes though).

JP in an interview has said no live material...which sucks... but lets hope scavenging the vaults will produce some furure releases...

By the way, there shouldn't be a whole lot of outtakes, this was only recorded in 2 weeks. (Not looking to crush anyone's hopes though).

Jimmy said in an interview he found tape from the Presence sessions that he didn't remember having. It was in storage, in a box. So that's promising at least.

They didn't Play it (Tea For One) live because it's essentially the same song as Since I've Been Loving You. And Since I've Been Loving You is much more popular and had a much better solo that would be more exciting live that's what they went with it. And they played Since I've Been Loving You every tour since the third album and even before. So there was no room for Tea-For-One

Robert has remarked a number of times that Since I've Been Loving You has always been a special song for the band to play. Tea For One, given the circumstances of when it was recorded and the lyrics penned for it, probably didn't give them the same feeling.

Archived