"Nurses do it better"

townsey

I had no idea there was any question about the phrase "Nurses Do It Better"! :blink:

That whole "____ do it better" meme has been around forever...or at least since the 70s. Fill in the blank with any group you want...nurses, cheerleaders, teachers, dogs, whatever. There was also the whole "Fireman have bigger hoses", "Cops have bigger sticks", yada yada yada t-shirt/bumper sticker craze.

Yes, the "IT" is sex. No, it had nothing to do with Led Zeppelin specifically...Robert wasn't the only one who wore that shirt.

Don't know about nurses being better at sex, maybe they were in the 70's, I was too young to know. What I know about them now is most are overweight, smoke, and have nasty dispositions. The few that are attractive and kind tend to go after doctors and ignore everyone else.

Nurses do it better..only golddigging!

Don't know about nurses being better at sex, maybe they were in the 70's, I was too young to know. What I know about them now is most are overweight, smoke, and have nasty dispositions. The few that are attractive and kind tend to go after doctors and ignore everyone else.

Offense taken! I am a nurse and a nurse practitioner and I am none of the things you have noted. I know hundreds of kind and attractive nurses who are NOT gold diggers (myself included). Lay your stereotypes elsewhere please!

Offense taken! I am a nurse and a nurse practitioner and I am none of the things you have noted. I know hundreds of kind and attractive nurses who are NOT gold diggers (myself included). Lay your stereotypes elsewhere please!

Agreed - it's an honorable profession filled with dedicated people. It has its bad apples just like the rest of humanity - but probably fewer than many other professions.

I hope you were joking. Even so, it wasn't remotely funny.

As one who has reaped the benefits of the kindness and attention of many hardworking nurses, I have nothing but praise for the job they do and have never encountered anything close to what you suggest in your post.

As a fan of Led Zeppelin, I was just very curious to know about any fads that existed in the 70's with regard to this slogan and what brought on its popularity, that's all! If I did something wrong or if my question on this thread was too silly, then I am sorry.

Also, lpMan, I find your post to be very offensive! My mom's best friend happens to be a nurse and believe me, that lady is one of the kindest people I've ever met! She works with children, who are terminally ill from cancer, for crying out loud! Shame on you!

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

As a fan of Led Zeppelin, I was just very curious to know about any fads that existed in the 70's with regard to this slogan and what brought on its popularity, that's all! If I did something wrong or if my question on this thread was too silly, then I am sorry.

Wrong? Heavens to betsy, no! There are no wrong questions. I was merely amused that the phrase wasn't as well-known as I assumed. I keep forgetting that what's prevalent in the U.S. isn't necessarily common elsewhere.

You still see shirts with that slogan and others similar all over this country...and bumper stickers. America has millions of cars and those cars have bumpers...bumpers that need stickers. Stickers with pithy slogans...political slogans, religious ones, sexual innuendos, "My kid is an honour student", "My kid can beat up your honour student"...it's a veritable smorgasbord out there.

Another common sight on automobiles are the Calvin taking a piss graphics...Calvin being the little kid from the "Calvin & Hobbes" comic strip.

Wrong? Heavens to betsy, no! There are no wrong questions. I was merely amused that the phrase wasn't as well-known as I assumed. I keep forgetting that what's prevalent in the U.S. isn't necessarily common elsewhere.

You still see shirts with that slogan and others similar all over this country...and bumper stickers. America has millions of cars and those cars have bumpers...bumpers that need stickers. Stickers with pithy slogans...political slogans, religious ones, sexual innuendos, "My kid is an honour student", "My kid can beat up your honour student"...it's a veritable smorgasbord out there.

Another common sight on automobiles are the Calvin taking a piss graphics...Calvin being the little kid from the "Calvin & Hobbes" comic strip.

Ah! OK, I get it now! As usual, very interesting post there, Strider! Really appreciate your explanation! Cheers! :friends:

Also, lpMan, I find your post to be very offensive! My mom's best friend happens to be a nurse and believe me, that lady is one of the kindest people I've ever met! She works with children, who are terminally ill from cancer, for crying out loud! Shame on you!

Agreed. Many nurses are kind, dedicated, attractive and professional. Likewise, I once knew a pediatric oncology nurse who worked with children dying of cancer.

I once spotted a bumper sticker that said, "My son was inmate of the month at County Jail." Lol.

Edited by Pagefan55

Well we do have plenty of bumper stickers and slogans here...I just wasn't aware that "....DO IT BETTER" was a thing. Maybe it was just a 70s thing. Anyway, I'll have to look out for one to add to my collection!

Well we do have plenty of bumper stickers and slogans here...I just wasn't aware that "....DO IT BETTER" was a thing. Maybe it was just a 70s thing. Anyway, I'll have to look out for one to add to my collection!

Bumper stickers here in the UK ? an extremely rare site indeed, usually only seen on the car of some half brained boy racer. In fact I can't recall seeing a bumper sticker of any kind for a long time, it's just not the done thing here.