Binge Watching favorites (TV)

Virginia

8 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Binged all 10 episodes over the weekend.... LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT ! 

Robert Wise's 1963's The Haunting is one of my favorite horror movies of all time and this new mini series is just as fantastic.  The character development is deep and ongoing throughout the entire series,  and Timothy Hutton's performance is great. He delivers so much subtle nuance in this role, it's refreshing to watch.

download.jpg

That's next on our  list

3 hours ago, JTM said:

Mr's JTM and I dumped it after three episodes, thought it was shite. Without the sound effects it's about as scary as Andy Pandy.

No doubt it's a slow burn. Not a typical roller coaster modern era horror.  It's as much a family drama as it is a horror flick. That was the unique thing about it that drew me in.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone else watched Homeland? I'm watching it now; currently in season 4 in Islamabad. Season 4 is like a totally different show than 1-3. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I also recently watched Grace & Frankie and really enjoyed that!

16 hours ago, Virginia said:

Has anyone else watched Homeland? I'm watching it now; currently in season 4 in Islamabad. Season 4 is like a totally different show than 1-3. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I also recently watched Grace & Frankie and really enjoyed that!

Enjoy those first three seasons - they were spectacular.  The series goes down hill after that.  I'll still watch the last season to complete the series. 

20 hours ago, Virginia said:

Stick with it, the last three seasons are spectacular.

13 minutes ago, kingzoso said:

I think that the whole "Homeland" series was spectacular and awesome. 

Try the "Americans".  That was a great series also.

Thanks; I've watched the first 3-4 episodes and couldn't get into it, but I have heard good things about it.

10 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I'm not familiar with The Americans, not sure if it's been shown over here.  But yeah, Homeland, it's all been great.

6 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

If you get Netflix, give "Mindhunter" a shot.  Only one season so far, but it was great!  Series about the beginning of the FBI's serial killer section and how they developed.

I binged that one when it was a new release, I liked it.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Just watched Ricky Gervais's new comedy Afterlife. Hilariously dark. Also we just finished all 3 seasons of Fargo. Magnificent.

We binged After Life as well and I concur, its brilliant. Ricky Gervias is a fucking GENIUS. After we finished the series, we took a look at Derek - another series by Ricky. @chillumpuffer - Derek is just as good. Funny as fuck and really interesting characters. Very funny and very sad within minutes.

8 hours ago, rm2551 said:

We binged After Life as well and I concur, its brilliant. Ricky Gervias is a fucking GENIUS. After we finished the series, we took a look at Derek - another series by Ricky. @chillumpuffer - Derek is just as good. Funny as fuck and really interesting characters. Very funny and very sad within minutes.

Yeah Derek got a lot of complaints about it's subject matter. Might take a shufty at it. We loved Extras and of course the office.

2 other hilarious box sets to watch, assuming you haven't already done it are: Lead Balloon: Jack Dee's wonderful TV  "star" Rick Spleen is fantastic. So dry and deadpan funny. But us being northerners the best ever is: Early Doors. Set in a Manchester Pub, it just oozes class and so funny. Pisses on the Royal Family,  written by local lad to me Craig Cash, who also stars and wrote Early Doors

Edited by chillumpuffer

• 6 months later...
On 2/20/2019 at 6:42 PM, kingzoso said:

I just finished The Americans; that was brutal. Incredibly well done but I am so glad to be finished.

On 3/13/2019 at 3:10 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Yeah Derek got a lot of complaints about it's subject matter. Might take a shufty at it. We loved Extras and of course the office.

2 other hilarious box sets to watch, assuming you haven't already done it are: Lead Balloon: Jack Dee's wonderful TV  "star" Rick Spleen is fantastic. So dry and deadpan funny. But us being northerners the best ever is: Early Doors. Set in a Manchester Pub, it just oozes class and so funny. Pisses on the Royal Family,  written by local lad to me Craig Cash, who also stars and wrote Early Doors

Did folks in the UK get as up about the subject matter of Derek as the US? I loved Derek (and After Life), Gervais is not afraid to tackle tough subjects with wit, humor, warmth, and truth. That is what I love about the man.

• 1 month later...

Ill miss "The Affair".  The episodes with Ruth Wilson.  I still want to know what happened to her?  Why she left?  She says she cannot talk about it?  Strange.  Well it tells you that they paid her for her silence.  But these things usually get out eventually.  If anyone learns of this, please let me know

• 2 months later...

ok peeps, here it is - the BEST take on Dracula (vampires) I've seen. True to the original idea with a cracking good original take on it. Really, really good. I was very nervous at one stage that they had completely derailed it - but it holds good until the end for me.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Binge it on Netflix. It only took me and the cheese and kisses two nights to finish it.