Led Zeppelin: Texas Hurricane (EVSD NEW SOUNDBOARD)

Sue Dounim

The bootleggers put the money up to bankroll these releases in the hopes they can sell a few hundred copies to recoup expenses and turn a profit. I certainly don't hold it against them, nor do I necessarily root for the gimmie gimmie crowd to get it any sooner.

The fans who share the recordings among other fans freely are the people who need to be lauded.

Some copies were mailed out yesterday and could be received as early as tomorrow. Other sources will hopefully mail them out over the next few days.

I have seen the actual sets. They do look fantastic and are a slight deviation from EV's style in the past. I think people will be excited.

I'm not one to toot my own horn, but I think I'd be an improvement over any of their covers for Bonzo's Birthday Party.

If you're referring to the pig jumping out of the cake, you can't really blame Empress Valley for that...they're simply using William Stout's original art work TMQ used on the original vinyl bootleg.

William Stout did the art for many classic boots of Led Zeppelin, the Stones, the Who, Bowie, and more. I've had the pleasure of meeting him and he's a fun guy to talk with. He may be no more than a footnote in rock and roll history...but he's an interesting footnote.

Archived