Led Zeppelin: Texas Hurricane (EVSD NEW SOUNDBOARD)

Sue Dounim

I assume a matrix of this wouldn't be possible because none of the audience sources are complete? A shame, because one of them is a great recording, up there with the legendary Millard recordings a month or so later.

Isn't it possible to combine both sources anyway regardless? Or do they have to have the same time and length to combine at the right speed?

Somehow, with each new soundboard that gets released, you keep thinking that you're going to hear something really different from Zep. But ultimately, you don't. They played the same set lists over and over and if you were lucky, maybe you got one extra tune not scheduled on the menu. Once you've heard Page a few hundred times, his playing doesn't impress as much like it first did. There is not one show in '77 that holds a candle to the series in LA, not even NY. FT. Worth is good but after a listen or two not sure I'd spend more time on it.

Somehow, with each new soundboard that gets released, you keep thinking that you're going to hear something really different from Zep. But ultimately, you don't. They played the same set lists over and over and if you were lucky, maybe you got one extra tune not scheduled on the menu. Once you've heard Page a few hundred times, his playing doesn't impress as much like it first did. There is not one show in '77 that holds a candle to the series in LA, not even NY. FT. Worth is good but after a listen or two not sure I'd spend more time on it.

Especially the later stuff. I wish they would put out more early (69-72) soundboards, the medleys and encores are a blast.

Then just listen to LA.....What wrong with that? Just listen to eddie and forget 77 if you feel that way. Don't pretend zeppelin didn't improvise or switch it up though, that's a bad lie.

Where are the cuts in this Soundboard?

Two minutes into No Quarter just before the first vocal part, comes back at the beginning of the Organ/Piano solo.

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp ends after minute and comes back at the first part of White Summer.

the audience source plays a couple BPM's faster than the soundboard.

There should be a third cut somewhere end of Over The Top and middle of the Guitar solo, but i haven find it yet.

If C90's were used to record the soundboards, the cuts are all going to be approximately 45 minutes apart.

Houston, I believe, is the only '77 soundboard with a complete "No Quarter"- all the others have cuts within the first four or five minutes, give or take. Odd that the cuts in the 27 April and 30 May SBDS are so big, though...

Archived