A Lurker Says "Hello."

Dante_Cubit

Hi, all.

I'm a lurker from back when the O2 concert was announced, and I've not posted again until today, so I figure I'd give a bit of my LZ fan background.

1. I became a fan around 1978 when LZ replaced KISS as my favorite band. (If only I had discovered Zeppelin earlier, eh?)
  2. LZ IV is my first Zep album because "Black Dog" was the song that hooked me.
  3. My favorite album is impossible for me to choose. I have sentimental reasons to adore every LP.
  4. The news of John Bonham's death made me cry more than the news of John Lennon's death, although both were sad.
  5. I remember watching Live-Aid in 1985 solely for the reunion of the LZ members. I was excited, and underwhelmed.
  6. I did not get much into any of the surviving members' solo careers. Although, I thought the Black Crowes/Jimmy Page album was phenomenal.
  7. I remember the Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary concert where Jason Bonham joined the others for a few songs, and it was not the best example of Zep power. I remember "Kashmir" sounding particularly thin.
  8. By the Nineties, I remember the Plant/Page tour and TV special. I saw the special, but did not see them in concert.
  9. I put my name in the 2007 lottery for the O2 concert, but did not get tickets, as millions didn't. But I followed the concert's leadup as well as rather obsessively consumed every YouTube video from people who attended the show. By the time "Celebration Day" came out, I'd already seen or heard the full show many times. Still, I bought tickets to see CD in the movie theater. That was a glorious experience.
  10. Finally, Led Zeppelin is my only "favorite band." I like lots of other music, but Zeppelin has my heart. The music never gets old. I never get tired of listening. And every time I hear a song, I automatically feel good. If someone gave me a TARDIS or another time machine, one of my first missions would be go back in time and attend as many LZ concerts as I could. How's that for a fantasy? :)

I'm glad to be here, and I look forward to being part of this forum.

Hi, all.

I'm a lurker from back when the O2 concert was announced, and I've not posted again until today, so I figure I'd give a bit of my LZ fan background.

1. I became a fan around 1978 when LZ replaced KISS as my favorite band. (If only I had discovered Zeppelin earlier, eh?)
  2. LZ IV is my first Zep album because "Black Dog" was the song that hooked me.
  3. My favorite album is impossible for me to choose. I have sentimental reasons to adore every LP.
  4. The news of John Bonham's death made me cry more than the news of John Lennon's death, although both were sad.
  5. I remember watching Live-Aid in 1985 solely for the reunion of the LZ members. I was excited, and underwhelmed.
  6. I did not get much into any of the surviving members' solo careers. Although, I thought the Black Crowes/Jimmy Page album was phenomenal.
  7. I remember the Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary concert where Jason Bonham joined the others for a few songs, and it was not the best example of Zep power. I remember "Kashmir" sounding particularly thin.
  8. By the Nineties, I remember the Plant/Page tour and TV special. I saw the special, but did not see them in concert.
  9. I put my name in the 2007 lottery for the O2 concert, but did not get tickets, as millions didn't. But I followed the concert's leadup as well as rather obsessively consumed every YouTube video from people who attended the show. By the time "Celebration Day" came out, I'd already seen or heard the full show many times. Still, I bought tickets to see CD in the movie theater. That was a glorious experience.
  10. Finally, Led Zeppelin is my only "favorite band." I like lots of other music, but Zeppelin has my heart. The music never gets old. I never get tired of listening. And every time I hear a song, I automatically feel good. If someone gave me a TARDIS or another time machine, one of my first missions would be go back in time and attend as many LZ concerts as I could. How's that for a fantasy? :)

Not a bad fantasy! :D 9/19/1970 evening show would be my first choice, followed by 6/21/1977. :bubble:

Hi, all.

• I became a fan around 1978 when LZ replaced KISS as my favorite band. (If only I had discovered Zeppelin earlier, eh?)
  • LZ IV is my first Zep album because "Black Dog" was the song that hooked me.
  • My favorite album is impossible for me to choose. I have sentimental reasons to adore every LP.
  • The news of John Bonham's death made me cry more than the news of John Lennon's death, although both were sad.
  • I remember watching Live-Aid in 1985 solely for the reunion of the LZ members. I was excited, and underwhelmed.
  • I did not get much into any of the surviving members' solo careers. Although, I thought the Black Crowes/Jimmy Page album was phenomenal.
  • I remember the Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary concert where Jason Bonham joined the others for a few songs, and it was not the best example of Zep power. I remember "Kashmir" sounding particularly thin.
  • By the Nineties, I remember the Plant/Page tour and TV special. I saw the special, but did not see them in concert.
  • I put my name in the 2007 lottery for the O2 concert, but did not get tickets, as millions didn't. But I followed the concert's leadup as well as rather obsessively consumed every YouTube video from people who attended the show. By the time "Celebration Day" came out, I'd already seen or heard the full show many times. Still, I bought tickets to see CD in the movie theater. That was a glorious experience.
  • Finally, Led Zeppelin is my only "favorite band." I like lots of other music, but Zeppelin has my heart. The music never gets old. I never get tired of listening. And every time I hear a song, I automatically feel good. If someone gave me a TARDIS or another time machine, one of my first missions would be go back in time and attend as many LZ concerts as I could. How's that for a fantasy? :)

Welcome, Dante_Cubit! Like you, I never get tired of listening to LZ, and every time I hear a song, I automatically feel good...always!! Can you imagine the feeling you would have, knowing that your music has that impact on so many people?! It's pretty remarkable!

:)

Archived