2014 College Football: The BCS is Dead!

Strider

There is only one question that matters for the Title Game: Can Ohio St.'s defense stop or at least slow down the Oregon Duck's offense?

I have no doubt that Ohio St. will score points on Oregon's defense. The question is how many points will the Ducks score? If the Buckeyes can hold the Ducks to 24 or less, then they have a shot.

I love Ohio St in this game. Florida St was not stopped. They beat themselves with a ton of turnovers. The scene of the crime when my Bills turned it over 9 times including Don Beebe's famous tackle of Leon Lett. Ohio St will score indeed. And score and score and score. No way can Oregon stop them. But Ohio st can play some defense. They beat Wisconsin 59-0. That is a huge statement. I like Ohio St at the end of the day to win it. 55-43

Go Ducks! Quack Quack!!

Have no idea how tonight's game will play out. Oregon has stumbled on the big stage in the past...as has Ohio State. Have doubts about whether Oregon's quarterback can translate to the NFL.

Anyone watching on anything other than the MotherShip? I hear that on ESPN Classic, there's no commentary, but I've found that even though we have a billion channels, Classic is not one of them. Sigh... We have the other 3 ESPN channels with alternate commentary, but who wants more commentary??

Thanks Everyone,

What a great game and great season!

A lesson about overcoming adversity and persevering with your dreams.

I keep thinking that I wish that the Ohio State player, Kosta Karageorge, who killed himself right before the Michigan game would have learned that lesson. He would be basking in glory right now just by being on the National Championship team, even though he didn't get to play, he was still a contributing member of the team. There is always hope for the future and nothing is ever as bleak as it seems in your mind. With tenacious perseverance and faith, things can change for the better. But they are alluding to past concussions contributing to his poor decisions, and maybe that caused him to loose hope. But suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem, not worth loosing your life to.

I am hoping for another National Championship next year with most players returning.

I am in Arizona and am missing out on the Ohio festivities. I hope there will still be some memorabilia to buy when I get home!

Archived