Jimmy's 2015 Live Tour

TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

Unfortunately, John Bonham was long gone at that point.. That makes it even worse in my book.. He's not even around to defend himself..

Baker slammed Keith Moon in the same tirade..

You know I was joking on Bonhams behalf right?

i'm sure it probably does amuse jimmy to see folk squabbling over what his plans may or may not be with regards to playing live and recording etc, but i dont believe for a second that the reason he gives vague references to wanting to "be seen to be playing" (whatever that means) etc to the media is to create such squabbling

in my opinion he does it because he hasnt got the balls to say outright whether he will or wont play or record. his trying to now shift the blame to people on the internet creating rumours saying he's going to tour is nonsense, if he didnt spend the last 10 - 15 years spouting bullshit about how "next year" he plans to release stuff or get out playing there wouldn't be any such talk on the internet. in a recent interview he said he had nothing recorded, so all we can infer from his previous years statements about hopes to release stuff he'd been working on is that they were bullshit

no one likes a bullshitter

i'm sure it probably does amuse jimmy to see folk squabbling over what his plans may or may not be with regards to playing live and recording etc, but i dont believe for a second that the reason he gives vague references to wanting to "be seen to be playing" (whatever that means) etc to the media is to create such squabbling

in my opinion he does it because he hasnt got the balls to say outright whether he will or wont play or record. his trying to now shift the blame to people on the internet creating rumours saying he's going to tour is nonsense, if he didnt spend the last 10 - 15 years spouting bullshit about how "next year" he plans to release stuff or get out playing there wouldn't be any such talk on the internet. in a recent interview he said he had nothing recorded, so all we can infer from his previous years statements about hopes to release stuff he'd been working on is that they were bullshit

+1

. I love how you guys can post page after page busting his balls, saying he is spent, washed up, afraid .. yadda yadda yadda. He throws 1 little jab back and he is discourteous and a bullshitter. If he's guilty of anything its being over zealous and making Led Zeppelin his top priority..

. I love how you guys can post page after page busting his balls, saying he is spent, washed up, afraid .. yadda yadda yadda. He throws 1 little jab back and he is discourteous and a bullshitter. If he's guilty of anything its being over zealous and making Led Zeppelin his top priority..

Hey, I love the guy, but he has not delivered on his solo pronouncements, and this goes back long before his "little jab". Maybe he has been over zealous in his statements, but that has been a repeated pattern of behavior for about 15 years. At some point, some people will conclude that he is bullshitting. I always try to take fondness for a person out of the equation when evaluating their words or actions. I would consider any other person who made the same claims for 15 years, and who did not deliver on them, to be a bullshitter; so what makes Jimmy different? Being a huge Jimmy fan, does not require me to put on blinders, and those who make excuses for him, after all these years, really need to examine their objectivity and motivation........certainly the facts are of little consequence. Being over zealous might mean that you deliver later than you anticipated, due to delays, etc. Bullshitting means that you don't deliver at all. So far Jimmy has not delivered at all with respect to his solo career pronouncements. And remember, he is the one who begged for these critiques, by inviting the conversation through repeated public statements that are meant to be shared with the entire world through various forms of media. I find it mind boggling that people allow their biases and admiration to stand in the way of what is as plain as the nose on most people's face.

No doubt he has let Led Zeppelin derail his solo plans.. but like I said Led Zeppelin will be his top priority now and forever.. I can't and won't blame him for that.

He says he's done with the LZ stuff, says the latest batch of remasters is it and it's time to get something going on his own... I believe him.. I don't think he is bs'ing (i'm at work) ..Let's see.. I'll leave it at that..

No doubt he has let Led Zeppelin derail his solo plans.. but like I said Led Zeppelin will be his top priority now and forever.. I can't and won't blame him for that.

He says he's done with the LZ stuff, says the latest batch of remasters is it and it's time to get something going on his own... I believe him.. I don't think he is bs'ing (i'm at work) ..Let's see.. I'll leave it at that..

I am in full agreement with you, and I love the man. I also unconditionally respect his right to do what ever he pleases in life. I just feel a deep need to let facts speak for themselves, and to be honest in my interpretation of them, irrespective of loyalties, etc. Like you, I don't think he set out to BS, but I think that after all these years it would not be inappropriate for some people to conclude that he was disingenuous about his future plans.

First of all : Hi there ^_^

I am following this conversation a while and some how it makes me wonder . I mean just speak about the Facts : there's no new material otherwise , a guy like Page would have come out with it earlier.

Since when he's telling that there's new stuff written ect. ? Like decades? And nothing in this direction ever really happened. And I personally dont think, that there's a up coming tour.Woah, dont get me wrong, this guy has my greates respect and anything,but to be honest , I find it very unlikely. I dunno, maybe he just ends up like doing some cameo appearances or something. Sorry guys, just my opinion o.O

First of all : Hi there ^_^

I am following this conversation a while and some how it makes me wonder . I mean just speak about the Facts : there's no new material otherwise , a guy like Page would have come out with it earlier.

Since when he's telling that there's new stuff written ect. ? Like decades? And nothing in this direction ever really happened. And I personally dont think, that there's a up coming tour.Woah, dont get me wrong, this guy has my greates respect and anything,but to be honest , I find it very unlikely. I dunno, maybe he just ends up like doing some cameo appearances or something. Sorry guys, just my opinion o.O

Welcome Lilli-Kate. Nice to have you aboard, from abroad.

Hey, I love the guy, but he has not delivered on his solo pronouncements, and this goes back long before his "little jab". Maybe he has been over zealous in his statements, but that has been a repeated pattern of behavior for about 15 years. At some point, some people will conclude that he is bullshitting. I always try to take fondness for a person out of the equation when evaluating their words or actions. I would consider any other person who made the same claims for 15 years, and who did not deliver on them, to be a bullshitter; so what makes Jimmy different? Being a huge Jimmy fan, does not require me to put on blinders, and those who make excuses for him, after all these years, really need to examine their objectivity and motivation........certainly the facts are of little consequence. Being over zealous might mean that you deliver later than you anticipated, due to delays, etc. Bullshitting means that you don't deliver at all. So far Jimmy has not delivered at all with respect to his solo career pronouncements. And remember, he is the one who begged for these critiques, by inviting the conversation through repeated public statements that are meant to be shared with the entire world through various forms of media. I find it mind boggling that people allow their biases and admiration to stand in the way of what is as plain as the nose on most people's face.

+1. What he said.

What if someone like Brian May or Gilmour said in the media every year for ten years or more that they were close to releasing material or putting together a band to play, but never did? And then declare they have nothing recorded after all and can't form a band until next year (yet again) because they're too busy peddling old stuff. It's like the emperor's new clothes. He's setting himself up to a position of having to put up or shut up and he needn't have put himself there

I don't mind if he doesn't play live or record again, he's earned his position to do whatever he wants. Just tell it like it really is

There is no questioning the respect, love, and devotion the fans of Zeppelin and this forum have for Jimmy.

Let's put that to rest. We wouldn't be so passionate about the guy and his body of work if we didn't.

However, and I 've said this plenty of times, Jimmy is fooling no one any longer. One simply cannot state,

imply, refer to, or suggest over and over, year after year, that he or she will be seen or heard doing something

the masses yearn for - and never really do anything - without some kind of backlash.

It's that simple. If Jimmy is just messing with the "Internet" people than it's just plain ridiculous and not serving

well a person of his stature.

In fact I for one DO believe Jimmy has reams of material, stockpiled but left in a rough state. Kinda like a hoarder -

they know they have something important in the pile, but the pile has gotten so out of control they can no longer

find what was once so meaningful.

But in lieu of finding the material to record and play live, Jimmy should just remember the code of silence he once

mastered so well. When the press tries to corner you into a storyline - say nothing. Silence. No story is better than

a rehearsed line of (yearly) hope to the many faithful. The Faithful who now feel deceived.

1-1=0 <ZoSo>

In an interview published in The Sun today, Jimmy says that "Even if it's near the end of next year, it doesn't matter as long as I've got it right live."

Perhaps after all the box sets have been released, which will perhaps be towards the end of next year.

But in lieu of finding the material to record and play live, Jimmy should just remember the code of silence he once

mastered so well. When the press tries to corner you into a storyline - say nothing. Silence. No story is better than

a rehearsed line of (yearly) hope to the many faithful. The Faithful who now feel deceived.

------------

The fucking deceived. How nutty! Are you all gonna kick Page's ass for supposedly leading on the moron brigade. I really

Love the disclaimer - "I love Jimmy, but he's a liar with no credibility."

Perhaps Jimmy is purposely using the press to build up the want and need to perform live again. It's clear he has been unable to do so on his own accord for the last 14 years. Maybe he needs the speculation and hype to get himself motivated into actually doing it.

You know what? It just occurred to me that we spend as much time here discussing Page's promises to perform and record as we do actual recordings and performances by Robert Plant and John Paul Jones. I'm as guilty as everyone else. I suspect that Mr. Page has us right where he wants us and is yanking our collective chain. Not a cool thing to do, imo. I, Disco Duck, will no longer play along. This will be my last post about Page until he actually does perform music in public or release new music. I'm getting off the Jimmy Page speculation merry-go-round.

You know what? It just occurred to me that we spend as much time here discussing Page's promises to perform and record as we do actual recordings and performances by Robert Plant and John Paul Jones. I'm as guilty as everyone else. I suspect that Mr. Page has us right where he wants us and is yanking our collective chain. Not a cool thing to do, imo. I, Disco Duck, will no longer play along. This will be my last post about Page until he actually does perform music in public or release new music. I'm getting off the Jimmy Page speculation merry-go-round.

Its been nice knowing ya.

Archived