Hammer Horror, The Musters, The Addams Family

geekfreak

7 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

Yes indeed Zepscoda!

No one here like Dark Shadows?

This is my favorite time of year.

I watched Dark Shadows going up. I'll need to revisit them. For some reason I don't recall them as fondly as The Twlight Zone or The Outer Limits.

5 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

I watched Dark Shadows going up. I'll need to revisit them. For some reason I don't recall them as fondly as The Twlight Zone or The Outer Limits.

Dark Shadows wasn’t like Twilight Zone or Outer Limits, it was more like a gothic soap opera.

On 10/25/2017 at 7:02 AM, zepscoda said:

I absolutely loved the second and third acts of this movie, but the beginning (except for the Capt. Spaulding dream sequence) really, really sucked. If he would have just written a completely original movie using the second and third acts of DR and a different beginning it would have been great. Instead we get a very disjointed movie which really comes across as if Zombie changed his mind mid way through and wrote a completely different movie. Just cannot reconcile the first act with the rest of the movie. They should have made the family regular, non-psychotic killers, but rather bank robbers or some shit. That way, the sympathy generated in the second and third acts makes sense and gels with the first act. Instead I get this weird, dirty, confused feeling due to my sympathy for three deranged killers who like to skin their victims and wear their hydes. If I don't skip over the first act I feel like I have to take a shower afterward.

But the second and third acts, really, really strong.

On 10/25/2017 at 2:41 PM, BledZabbath said:

Devils Rejects was a good movie, I liked when they played Freebird at the end.

11 hours ago, IpMan said:

I absolutely loved the second and third acts of this movie, but the beginning (except for the Capt. Spaulding dream sequence) really, really sucked. If he would have just written a completely original movie using the second and third acts of DR and a different beginning it would have been great. Instead we get a very disjointed movie which really comes across as if Zombie changed his mind mid way through and wrote a completely different movie. Just cannot reconcile the first act with the rest of the movie. They should have made the family regular, non-psychotic killers, but rather bank robbers or some shit. That way, the sympathy generated in the second and third acts makes sense and gels with the first act. Instead I get this weird, dirty, confused feeling due to my sympathy for three deranged killers who like to skin their victims and wear their hydes. If I don't skip over the first act I feel like I have to take a shower afterward.

But the second and third acts, really, really strong.

Out of the 2 films I like House of 1000 Corpses the best.  That crew worked so well together in both films. Sid Haig is greatness !

Have you guys seen Spider Baby?

2 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Out of the 2 films I like House of 1000 Corpses the best.  That crew worked so well together in both films. Sid Haig is greatness !

Have you guys seen Spider Baby?

No Zepscoda, I haven’t seen Spider Baby, I have yet to see Hoes of 1000 corpses, which I making a point to see this weekend.

5 hours ago, BledZabbath said:

No Zepscoda, I haven’t seen Spider Baby, I have yet to see Hoes of 1000 corpses, which I making a point to see this weekend.

I really like Spider Baby. Hadn't discovered it until I looked back through Sid Haigs body of work. It's one over several he made with Jack Hill. More importantly for the context of this thread, Lon Chaney Jr stars in this. So if you allow yourself  if to geek out as I do, Its one degree of separation from Sid to the golden age of horror.  

This was a freak show type of house film that pre dates The Texas Chain Saw Massacre 

spider-baby-lobby-card-lon-chaney.jpg

1433725744_2.jpg

spider2.jpg

Edited by zepscoda

13 hours ago, zepscoda said:

I really like Spider Baby. Hadn't discovered it until I looked back through Sid Haigs body of work. It's one over several he made with Jack Hill. More importantly for the context of this thread, Lon Chaney Jr stars in this. So if you allow yourself  if to geek out as I do, Its one degree of separation from Sid to the golden age of horror.  

This was a freak show type of house film that pre dates The Texas Chain Saw Massacre 

spider-baby-lobby-card-lon-chaney.jpg

I will see if I can get Spider Baby, looks good always loved Lon Chaney, so more of a reason to check it out.

Thanks Zepscoda.