Interviews with Jimmy Page,2014.

Ross62

Interesting that they show a lot of close ups of his hands, they don't seem to show any signs of severe arthritis. If you want to see someone who has terrible arthritis and plays through it just look at Keith Richards!

Interesting that they show a lot of close ups of his hands, they don't seem to show any signs of severe arthritis. If you want to see someone who has terrible arthritis and plays through it just look at Keith Richards!

It is possible to have arthritis in the hands without showing any visible signs. I suffer in both hands where my thumb joints make a cracking noise which can be uncomfortable, sometimes things I am holding just drop from my hand. Only last week a mug of tea just fell from my grip. I'm not much of a guitar player but just playing a few chords can be uncomfortable. I tried physiotherapy, that did not work. Best thing is to do as little as possible that will bring on the discomfort. As we get older these kind of things come to many of us, it's just part of aging, joints wearing out etc.

Ross Halfin has been the downfall of Jimmy far as his career. Might be best of friends, and wtfe else, but he has destroyed any chance of Jimmy working again.

So say~ith the moron on the internet.

Exactly how does Ross Halfin prevent Jimmy Page from performing, composing or producing music? Inquiring minds want to know.

Jimmy is the master of ambiguity ;) but he can hardly comment on the internet making up what he is/isn't doing, it all goes back to the Sky News interview of December 2009 where 2010 was the year of Page but so far, not much has come to fruition, i love Page, he's my mentor in sound and stagecraft but bloody hell, the carrot dangling can get old

i doubt he scours the the web for what people are commenting but that's whats going to happen if every December he says the same thing, i'm willing to bet money 2015 will be another Page-less year apart from the Remasters and Zeppelin talk. come to think of it, the Page Book interview in london failed to bring up the future even though the updated book has the "it might get louder" quote in print

he used to work non stop pre zep, during Zep and did what he could in the 80s, but he always put everything into creating, producing, performing so, as a musician myself, i don't know why the new music or shows haven't happened. Plenty of time has passed and its only Metallica who seem to take 5+ years to make an album but they are a working band, Jimmy isn't in the 9-5 business of it all anymore (albums, performing, promoting etc) so i cant see what the hold up is and the longer it goes on, the bigger the anticipation so for someone who has only performed one full gig in how many years, how do we think it will all turn out?

I will take, love and appreciate anything Jimmy is directly or indirectly associated with (apart from the Olympic performance, i'm sorry but i cant have one degree of separation between Jimmy Page and X-factor, to me that never happened :) )

so anyway, another year has passed and no new material and we are distracted with the remasters which weren't even on the cards in 2009

this isn't a rant, its 5 years worth of standing on a platform for a train that never comes, how typically English :)

I will take, love and appreciate anything Jimmy is directly or indirectly associated with (apart from the Olympic performance, i'm sorry but i cant have one degree of separation between Jimmy Page and X-factor, to me that never happened :) )

I think it's a little worrying that he's repeatedly stated that the Olympic performance has been one of the highlights of his career.

Also, still absolutely no sign of the archive material that he said he'd been working on and that would be 'unleashed in 2014' (just for the guys who called me a buzzkill at the beginning of the year for doubting the veracity of Jimmys Jan 1st OTD post).

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/16164-jimmy-page-on-this-day-archive/page-162

I think it's a little worrying that he's repeatedly stated that the Olympic performance has been one of the highlights of his career.

Also, still absolutely no sign of the archive material that he said he'd been working on and that would be 'unleashed in 2014' (just for the guys who called me a buzzkill at the beginning of the year for doubting the veracity of Jimmys Jan 1st OTD post).

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/16164-jimmy-page-on-this-day-archive/page-162

yeah, a bollocks statement really, playing WLL aint nothing new and performing it with a talent show winner really is clutching at straws, especially, as you point out, new music has been on the cards since 93, im refering to Page/Coverdale. you cant count unledded in morocco, as good as those songs are for the dvd, i aint heard them played, not even by Plant, mr world music himself

This guy says Jimmy is a massive fraud. Led Zep only got a class C rating...well thats better than the Eagles who got a class E rating...Beatles, The Who, Rolling Stones got Class A rating:

http://starling.rinet.ru/music/ledzep.htm

Maybe it was no slight coincidence that axeman Jimmy Page wasn't actually a newly-emerged Seventies star, like the whole prog rock generation. Instead, he was hanging around for the whole Sixties, doing almost nothing, and even his short stay in the Yardbirds didn't help his career that much. Sad, but true: he really had little songwriting talent, which, unfortunately, is not a rare thing among great guitarists (take Hendrix or Clapton for further proof). What he did real good was ripping off old bluesmen and folksmen and giving their songs a new dimension, applying clever production values and amazing guitar techniques

This guy says Jimmy is a massive fraud. Led Zep only got a class C rating...well thats better than the Eagles who got a class E rating...Beatles, The Who, Rolling Stones got Class A rating:

Maybe it was no slight coincidence that axeman Jimmy Page wasn't actually a newly-emerged Seventies star, like the whole prog rock generation. Instead, he was hanging around for the whole Sixties, doing almost nothing, and even his short stay in the Yardbirds didn't help his career that much. Sad, but true: he really had little songwriting talent, which, unfortunately, is not a rare thing among great guitarists (take Hendrix or Clapton for further proof). What he did real good was ripping off old bluesmen and folksmen and giving their songs a new dimension, applying clever production values and amazing guitar techniques

dude. You're in the wrong thread. (And the guy obviously hasn't the foggiest what he's talking about. And the reviews are from 14 years ago.)

One of the WORST recent one's I've read in a while: http://www.gq.com/moty/2014/jimmy-page-men-of-the-year

Interviewer asks mostly questions about Page's drug use, calls him an addict, and of course his appearance in TSRTS and the whole symbolism behind his occult interest. Just...that's not a way to go about things.

One of the WORST recent one's I've read in a while: http://www.gq.com/moty/2014/jimmy-page-men-of-the-year

Interviewer asks mostly questions about Page's drug use, calls him an addict, and of course his appearance in TSRTS and the whole symbolism behind his occult interest. Just...that's not a way to go about things.

I already posted that link last week. I didn't like it either, it was like a battle between the two of them, like the interviewer was playing the "how much can I piss him off without pissing him off" game. If you wanna get somewhere with Pagey in an interview, you talk about music with him, you talk about his possible future career, you ask him stuff a Zep fan would be interested in knowing about, like the band/a song/his guitars/whatever. The way this guy mentioned stuff and went about the whole interview was totally wrong.

Not sure if it matters but the rinet.ru reviewer is Russian. He's starting from a different cultural reference point.

I already posted that link last week. I didn't like it either, it was like a battle between the two of them, like the interviewer was playing the "how much can I piss him off without pissing him off" game. If you wanna get somewhere with Pagey in an interview, you talk about music with him, you talk about his possible future career, you ask him stuff a Zep fan would be interested in knowing about, like the band/a song/his guitars/whatever. The way this guy mentioned stuff and went about the whole interview was totally wrong.

There ya go. I had a pretty hard time reading it and hate people like that. It's like they're trying to expose some flaw out of you, which isn't anyone's business. I say worry about yourself and everyone else be damned. That's why LZ was so successful--they don't let interviewers like that guy win them over.

It is a shame that the shock jocks and the gq writer had these interviews displayed on their websites in a way, that it was an attention getting media thing. But sadly gotcha media, spectacle media, too much information media...has become normal these days. I didnt read any tone...to page's responses, sulky or whatever. Also i dont think either of those interviews phased jimmy page, after experiencing the rock music business and the logistics of rock music touring. I was hoping he would have done an interview on npr radio show, fresh air, on his book tour.

• 3 weeks later...

JP on BBC 1 the One Show now, on film talking about the origins of STH. edit. Hmmm, this is from months ago, interviewer talks about the upcoming fourth album re-release. ...Swizz, the show intro gave the impression Jimbo was doing a live interview.

Archived