There's probably more bootlegs, videos and CDs than I'll ever get the time to watch or listen to in my lifetime already about. If they did reform and tour - how many of us would get tickets, less than .01% I think. I love watching celebration day, but that was the reunion. The more I've got into Led Zep the more it becomes like a big fairy tale, the two handsome princes of rock fronting the band, the hard working other two members keeping it all together. There is enough of a legacy for a lifetimes enjoyment. I'm sure JP would have liked it to have happened, but he's been busy with the deluxe sets and there is talk of a new guitar project so I guess JP at least knows it won't happen. I think it is time to leave Robert alone and let him do his thing, he already did Led Zepplin, Unledded and the O2. It should be enough now.

99% it won't happen, and that speculation I have never had much optimism for. I just thought many went overboard thinking that

The band can barely stand up, let alone sing or play their instruments without falling over a few times during each song. No one

actually said this, but it seems many gave this impression. The wheelchairs will eventually come, but people are getting ahead

Of themselves here. And, this thread is DULL, because of ME and others but mainly because NOTHING is happening.

It may be a thread whose end time has come... but there sure seems to be a lot of hatred for people who are aging...what do people expect? stars to stall maturity so they can be as we remember? Are people in wheelchairs supposed to be funny? I have yet to see them "fall over" but The Song Can't remain the Same forever at least on stage That is just the way life works I am just glad the remaining 3 are around to do what they want and hopefully enjoy life.

PS Do we even know JPJ still has an interest in performing again as zep ?

The one thing abundantly clear here is that not many people on this site seem to have much awareness of how age is dealt with

in the non-rock world. Of course rock is built on youth ful energy and sexuality, but who is really expecting a reformed Zep or any other

Really older band to deliver anything else but the musical goods ??? If you want to really be blown away, go see Yes. They are

Roughly Zep's age(okay, recently two non-original guys), and they play just as well if not better than in their "prime". The situation

Is vastly different because Steve Howe obviously practices. And Yes long ago actually had a pretty good stage presence, but now

They are older and stand still much more. So Page and Plant would just stand in place as well, that would kill all the memories

Of Page doing duck walks and Plant gyrating around the stage ??? I fully admit there are plenty of non musical reasons to not

Reform, no doubt.

The one thing abundantly clear here is that not many people on this site seem to have much awareness of how age is dealt with

in the non-rock world. Of course rock is built on youth ful energy and sexuality, but who is really expecting a reformed Zep or any other

Really older band to deliver anything else but the musical goods ??? If you want to really be blown away, go see Yes. They are

Roughly Zep's age(okay, recently two non-original guys), and they play just as well if not better than in their "prime". The situation

Is vastly different because Steve Howe obviously practices. And Yes long ago actually had a pretty good stage presence, but now

They are older and stand still much more. So Page and Plant would just stand in place as well, that would kill all the memories

Of Page doing duck walks and Plant gyrating around the stage ??? I fully admit there are plenty of non musical reasons to not

Reform, no doubt.

Yes, I agree about Yes, who I saw about a year ago.....magnificent. I also saw Deep Purple, The Moody Blues, and Black Sabbath in the last few years, and they too were awesome, despite their age. I actually prefer musicians as they age, as they develop more poise and restraint, and it translates well to music.

• 1 month later...

The O2 gig took 6 weeks of rehearsals and that was 7 1/2 years ago. They redeemed themselves from poor reunion attempts by rehearsing and having the best possible fill in for Bonzo. Be happy we have that gig on DVD, CD and YouTube. You couldn't ask for a better closing of the story from a live perspective than that. Don't taint it again. It's now allowed them to be frozen in time with a genuine kick ass final performance. These dudes are old now. Let them relax. Watch the 2003 DVD, TSRTS and Celebration Day/O2 show. Reuniting now could be disastrous and make Live Aid look good.

These reunite posts are even more repetive than my own obnoxious posts about remasters 07 is a perfect exclamation point to a legendary career. Best to leave on a high note as many have said before me.

Twelve pages, over 235 posts, It's a cert RP has not seen/read any of them.

"Led Zeppelin was about innovation. It was a band that took from those before it and created music that transcended generations, cultures, spiritual mediums and musical boundaries to become a textbook example of the pure magic created by incredible chemistry".

I stopped reading here because you answered your own question/request (Noted in bold and underline). The chemistry left on 9/25/80. It's not coming back nor is Led Zeppelin.

Archived