Forum member levee RIP.

ledded1

Dear sweet Levee will be sorely missed. I too, never met him in person, but he has been a friend for over ten years now. I enjoyed keeping in touch with him via Facebook for many years now.

Deepest condolences to his beautiful family.

I also logged on to see the thread and pay my respects.

I am too new to this forum to have known Levee...... Oscar Wilde said " You can judge a man by the effect he has over his friends..." Just reading the comments people have posted , and those who have come back to pay tribute are truly telling of what a great guy Levee was. Rest in peace...

I also never met levee, but always enjoyed his presence here. My thoughts go out to his family and thank you ledded for letting us know. We have a wonderful community on this forum and to loose a member is sad.

Edit : This is part of a PM from June 7 2010 and we both loved Jeff Beck and participated in the greatest electric guitar thread. I will never delete this. It is the friendships here that are so valuable and he will truly be missed. I did get emotional reading this PM and thought I would share with those of you who did not know him how much of a kind soul this man was.

How are you? i wanted to tell you that a few weeks back I was following you around a bit finding out as much info as I could on the Jeff beck show, because I was going to the Cincy show on the 23rd! I'm am still in awe and can still feel the bass in my chest from Rhonda Smiths solo! Anyway you were very nice to me and I apreciated it.

So as a payback to you and because I just think it's time, I'm now fully in your corner about BB King. I like him a lot and my record collection is loaded with his music.
We have to get someone else to vote for him ,,,,,,do we need a plan? or should we just see how it plays out?
FYI I checked over ten sites of top ten guitar players and BB is in all of them, Chuck Berry is not.

Hope you and yours are well,
Cheers, Levee.

I also never met levee, but always enjoyed his presence here. My thoughts go out to his family and thank you ledded for letting us know. We have a wonderful community on this forum and to loose a member is sad.

Edit : This is part of a PM from June 7 2010 and we both loved Jeff Beck and participated in the greatest electric guitar thread. I will never delete this. It is the friendships here that are so valuable and he will truly be missed. I did get emotional reading this PM and thought I would share with those of you who did not know him how much of a kind soul this man was.

How are you? i wanted to tell you that a few weeks back I was following you around a bit finding out as much info as I could on the Jeff beck show, because I was going to the Cincy show on the 23rd! I'm am still in awe and can still feel the bass in my chest from Rhonda Smiths solo! Anyway you were very nice to me and I apreciated it.

So as a payback to you and because I just think it's time, I'm now fully in your corner about BB King. I like him a lot and my record collection is loaded with his music.

We have to get someone else to vote for him ,,,,,,do we need a plan? or should we just see how it plays out?

FYI I checked over ten sites of top ten guitar players and BB is in all of them, Chuck Berry is not.

Hope you and yours are well,

Cheers, Levee.

Thanks for sharing that Deborah. His wife knows that there have been posts paying their respects here on .com

Hello. I am the daughter of the member known as Levee. I was joining to post my dad's obituary. I can not tell you enough how thankful my family is for this group. You can never know the joy this site and all you "Zep heads" made my dad. Your post are so heartfelt and we have enjoyed reading them. Thank you again.

Much love,

Leveedaughter

http://www.middendorf-funeralhome.com/m/?p=memorial&id=1458821

thank you so much for posting ♥

While I didn't know your Dad personally, I do know some that do, and all of them have nothing but good things to say about him, you can be very proud. By all accounts he was a lovely man.

I am so sorry for your loss, dear.

Jules

♥♥♥

That is sad news to hear. He was so young. :( Condolences to you and your family, Leveedaughter.

Thank you for letting us know and it is nice to know this place was a source of joy for your dad. I cannot say I knew him personally but I do remember coming across his posts from time to time and his passion for drumming and Led Zeppelin was never in doubt.

Hello. I am the daughter of the member known as Levee. I was joining to post my dad's obituary. I can not tell you enough how thankful my family is for this group. You can never know the joy this site and all you "Zep heads" made my dad. Your post are so heartfelt and we have enjoyed reading them. Thank you again.

Much love,

Leveedaughter

Thank you for posting the link.

Much love,

Leveedaughter

Thank you for sharing, Leveedaughter, very touching. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family in this most difficult time. May your Dad rest in peace and may you and yours find some little comfort in these tributes to levee who with his kindness had such a deep impact on fellow posters and friends.

Sorry to hear the news and wish his family and friends well.

At the same time let me say Hello to all of the members from the "old" board that popped in. Great to see y'all are still around! I miss the old days and you guys. PM me if you care to say hello.

Archived