The Sleep Topic (or the Topic of Sleep)

kingzoso

That's not strange. That's actually smart. Sometimes your mind is to attuned and if you're not sure of the time, it's easier to relax and fall back asleep.

That is exactly why I do this. I can wake up in the middle of the night, take a piss, and fall back asleep within a minute or two. I know that a lot of people have or seem to have a hard time falling back asleep (after they wake up for whatever reason) but I do not. That is why it works for me. There are times I fall asleep and have a good or bad dream, wake up to urinate (for about a minute or so) and fall right back asleep and be right back into the dream I was having before I woke up. Depending on what I was dreaming, that could be both good or bad.

Try my method and see if it works for you (or anyone who reads this). Trick your own mind into thinking that you slept more hours then you really did. It can possibly work for anyone. Like I said, it has worked for Me for decades.

I sleep soundly most nights -- except when there's some ongoing emotional turmoil, like with most people I guess. I do dread Mondays so Sunday nights are more often than not of the toss and turn variety. What helps in those situations are ear plugs (in familiar places only). They just soften the edges of a restless night.

Same time as I woke this morning. And I fell out way earlier. I felt great, but had gotten plenty of rest. Woke with my headphones on.

So how did you feel waking up so early? Did you get more accomplished. Did you feel refreshed? Or was it that you tried to go back to sleep and couldn't?

No it's more like my internal clock's out of sorts. I'm never up at that ungodly hour (well, only once, even earlier, but that was for a long camping trip). I get up thinking somehow I slept in, check the time in a panic, say WTF when I see the time, and go back to bed. Last night when I woke up again I didn't check whether the alarm had gone off and just stayed mindful about trusting my body - that I would wake up when I'm supposed to - and I did. Felt much better. It's just weird about the wake-up time being the same each night, like I've traveled to another country and my body's adjusting to the time difference. Very strange...

• 3 years later...
On 1/7/2015 at 2:37 AM, apantherfrommd said:

The benedryl didn't work.

Dag on it! It's between a Z-Bar or a Bob Ross video? Decisions, Decisions

Being a pharmacophobic... Will give it up for Bob Ross. After all he did create the word "gnarly". ;)

Well I take valuum to go to sleep every night so dont feel bad

I can sleep anywhere, no problems. Never had sleep issues except for a one-month period in 1998 when I could not sleep at all, even heavy narcotics would not work. Weirdest shit, kept having this sensation that I was being watched. Kept seeing shadows and "feeling" presence and could not sleep except for a few minutes here and there and when I did sleep I dreamed of being alien abducted or some shit. One month, then gone, no problems and have been fine ever since.

I have no idea why, most likely something either misfiring in the old Gulliver or an external, organic cause I was not aware of.

Hadn't seen this thread before, this is a topic I should definitely join in on - because I don't sleep. I'm telling you, I have the worst insomnia of anyone you've ever met. If you could promise me two hours of sleep a night, I would take it in a heartbeat, that would be wonderful to me. I get maybe ten minutes a week. Yes I'm tired all the time. I don't want to get addicted to drugs, especially since most of them have "suicidal thoughts" as a side effect! And yes I've tried everything else. I'm surprised I'm still alive. I know people think I'm exaggerating. I wish I was. That switch in my brain that goes from conscious  to unconscious is broken. I can't even remember what it feels like to have sleep tugging at your eyelids. Been like this for twenty years now. So..that's my story. The hard thing is what it does to your mood, I'm try not to react too quickly to things, knowing I may say something I'll regret. It's hard, but I soldier on the best I can, trying this, trying that, all with no luck. I've gotten sort of used to it by now, still hoping for some miracle solution. Any other serious insomniacs out there? 

• 2 weeks later...

On 7/2/2018 at 7:14 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well I take valuum to go to sleep every night so dont feel bad

Good Saturday to you '77!  Thanks for your post. Maybe you're right. One question for you and this is my concern: Don't they lose their potency night after night?

I've got so many old pill bottles of blue footballs, that when you open them, blue puffs arise. You'd think a genie's coming out to grant you 3 wishes. :lol: My first would be for sleep. 

I rarely take them. I collect them. Gonna make a candy necklace out of them one day.

5 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Good Saturday to you '77!  Thanks for your post. Maybe you're right. One question for you and this is my concern: Don't they lose their potency night after night?

I've got so many old pill bottles of blue footballs, that when you open them, blue puffs arise. You'd think a genie's coming out to grant you 3 wishes. :lol: My first would be for sleep. 

I rarely take them. I collect them. Gonna make a candy necklace out of them one day.

Ill tell you where to ship them.  LOL.  No I do not feel that at all.  But they do not stay with you as long as even Tylenol PM which has Benadryl as the sleep ingredient.  No real hangover at all from valium for me anyway.   But it works fast.  Puts you to sleep in half an hour.  

• 2 months later...

On 7/14/2018 at 11:26 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Ill tell you where to ship them.  LOL.  No I do not feel that at all.  But they do not stay with you as long as even Tylenol PM which has Benadryl as the sleep ingredient.  No real hangover at all from valium for me anyway.   But it works fast.  Puts you to sleep in half an hour.  

I can ask for 45 of the blue footballs anytime I want, so ... I hate to waste my old ones. Maybe a trip to NY wouldn't be out of the question.

It's not fair that I'm following the process for once. Now they have me on two things, since I've been aggreeing to be a willing participant.

Watch this. 

Notice 46 to 55 second mark. They want me to take this in addition to Clonzepam at night. I woke up the next morning with a Monster Energy Drink on my counter top and my car key on my kitchen counter, so I slept drove, and slept shopped. I had posted here. This was a while ago. I had food in the trash, so I slept ate.

But on top of that, I'm still allowed to ask for as many blue meanies as I want. Oh, and there's a big dent in the back of my car. Beats me! I don't remember any of it all! The shopping, driving, or eating.

If I make my way to NY, the dime's on me 77. I can make you a necklace of blue. :lol: I hope you have better luck than me. I'll just go to the pharmacy to make them happy. They're nice people that mean well. I'll sleep when my body says, DUDE. You're exhausted.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived