Christmas Songs

Charles J. White

^^Speaking for myself, I would like to apologise to you Strider, CJW (since he is the one who started this thread) and to any other forum member who I may have annoyed with my post in this thread.

Anyway, here are with a few songs which are bound to make Christmas absolutely swingin', this year! B)

These are some of my absolute fav songs to listen to this time of year, apart from "Christmas Boogie" by Canned Heat and of course that fab Christmas album by "The Ventures" :)

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

^^^

No apologies necessary Kiwi...your posts didn't annoy me. Not all of the songs people posted are awful. ;)

Awful is subjective, some feel Bing Crosby & Glenn Miller are awful. Personally I love the oldies, but I also love the tongue in cheek approach of King Diamond and others. It's not that I love those crazy tunes, I just love the humor in them and in all honesty King Diamond is possibly one of the smartest, most articulate, and funniest guys around.

It's Christmas time in Hollis Queens
Mom's cooking chicken and collard greens
Rice and stuffing, macaroni and cheese
And Santa put gifts under Christmas trees
Decorate the house with lights at night
Snow's on the ground, snow white so bright
In the fireplace is the yule log
Beneath the mistle toe as we drink egg nog
The rhymes you hear are the rhymes of Darryl's
But each and every year we bust Chrsitmas carrols

:stereo:

Bob Dylan's Christmas in the Heart is an absolute ripper.My wife who loves perfect harmony singing like The Beach Boys,Bee Gees etc has barred me from ever playing it again.Hark the Herald Angels Sing is a gas.

Smart woman. My co-worker tortured me with that Dylan Christmas album the other day.

I love the classics with Bing, Elvis, etc, and Christmas is not complete without Jackson 5 and The Nutcracker. I added Mark Harris' album, Christmas Is, to my favorites after seeing him play a few years ago. Simple and honest.

And I just love The Grinch.

Edited by Ddladner