Led Zeppelin in 2007

xXKashmirXx

Is it me or does it seem that this year that Zeppelin has finally opened up to the public?

First they announce Mothership and then the reissue of TSRTS

Second they're finally on iTunes

They now have ringtones for people on Verizon

A Reunion(Which rocks for the people who werent alive when they toured in the 70's. Case in point me)

One more thing i'm hoping for...

Songs in Guitar Hero

Is it me or does it seem that this year that Zeppelin has finally opened up to the public?

First they announce Mothership and then the reissue of TSRTS

Second they're finally on iTunes

They now have ringtones for people on Verizon

A Reunion(Which rocks for the people who werent alive when they toured in the 70's. Case in point me)

One more thing i'm hoping for...

Songs in Guitar Hero

Something's cooking

I agree...they have become what most people call "sellouts" and for all the right reasons. Finally taking this media exposure which they never used or needed before is a long time coming, they've been the most popular before this blow up and will exceed our expectations with it. I also love guitar hero, but you'll never see LZ songs on it because Page is in charge of that stuff and he will not let cover bands touch their creations.

Let's not get too hasty and assume the developments so far lead to a tour.

In 2003, with the DVD and "How the West Was Won", Zeppelin were on just about every music magazine cover, and they were on the "Today" show...but nothing else came of it.

I guess the one difference this time is the reunion concert. Hmmm, maybe this is the start of something big.

I agree...they have become what most people call "sellouts" and for all the right reasons. Finally taking this media exposure which they never used or needed before is a long time coming, they've been the most popular before this blow up and will exceed our expectations with it. I also love guitar hero, but you'll never see LZ songs on it because Page is in charge of that stuff and he will not let cover bands touch their creations.

I don't think they are sell-outs at all. Granted the Mothership is really not new. Zeppelin, stewarded by Page, have closely looked after their image and music over the decades. In fact in many ways they are the flagship band for how to avoid selling out - and still make a heap of money. No singles - buy the album. IVth album untitled etc etc. They could have released tens of live albums by now, but they know that if you flood the market, the product becomes less valuable.

While some segments of the press might light to paint this 02 show as a 'dinosaur reunion', this is a much more dignified way to go than some other bands who have either never stopped touring (Deep Purple Mark XXV) or get back together to cash in. The demand for the 02 show demonstrates that if Zep were to tour, it would be justified, as the fans truly do want to see them again.

The point is, Zeppelin doesn't have to do this. As Plant pointed out on the last attempted rehearsal, they don't need the money. If they do it, it's for the right reasons.

I don't think they are sell-outs at all. Granted the Mothership is really not new. Zeppelin, stewarded by Page, have closely looked after their image and music over the decades. In fact in many ways they are the flagship band for how to avoid selling out - and still make a heap of money. No singles - buy the album. IVth album untitled etc etc. They could have released tens of live albums by now, but they know that if you flood the market, the product becomes less valuable.

While some segments of the press might light to paint this 02 show as a 'dinosaur reunion', this is a much more dignified way to go than some other bands who have either never stopped touring (Deep Purple Mark XXV) or get back together to cash in. The demand for the 02 show demonstrates that if Zep were to tour, it would be justified, as the fans truly do want to see them again.

The point is, Zeppelin doesn't have to do this. As Plant pointed out on the last attempted rehearsal, they don't need the money. If they do it, it's for the right reasons.

Good points here. I also have a gut feeling that something big can and maybe will come out of this recent Zeppelin run. 2007 has been kind to them, and we will see how the reunion concert goes. I know that Page said that doing only one show is pointless and sort of selfish but i will not get to giddy until i see the official press release. Either way....Zeppelin RULES!!! :thumbsup:

Good points here. I also have a gut feeling that something big can and maybe will come out of this recent Zeppelin run. 2007 has been kind to them, and we will see how the reunion concert goes. I know that Page said that doing only one show is pointless and sort of selfish but i will not get to giddy until i see the official press release. Either way....Zeppelin RULES!!! :thumbsup:

Mothership is necessary because Early Days & Latter Days (the working title was

Led Zeppelin - Blast Off by the way, which accounts for that ridiculous astronaut

sleeve design) was a flop and will be phased out.

Mothership takes many of the best cuts from their entire career and presents them in one release instead of two. It's geared towards the next generation of fans and at

a great price.

Their move into the digital realm is arguably long overdue. The traditional brick and

morter cd stores are going the way of the drive-in theater. It's naive to think one

can maintain a professional recording career in 2007 based on a 1967 business model.

Make no mistake, it is a business. However, I'm confident a guy or girl who throws

down $30 for The Song Remains The Same on dvd is not only going to reap more entertainment value from it then they ever imagined but find a path that leads to

a whole new world.

I've never felt cheated by a Jimmy Page performance or production. Worth every $.

Archived