Page '84-'94 projects, thoughts and questions

I find many compassionate souls here for Jimmy's 84'-94' work. I found both Firm albums almost shockingly lacking in intensity

and originality. Many don't know that Paul Rodgers actually came up with some of the guitar stuff on the albums. And according to

Peter Grant, Rodgers was notoriously difficult to work with. The five shows I saw. Of the Firm, only one was Jimmy smiling and

Enjoying himself. The rest of the 85'-86' shows, ( I had great seats for all)Page just basically stood in one spot very likely drunk

And chain-smoking marlboro's . No kidding. Jimmy actually hardly made any mistakes, but his soloing ability was still being

Recovered at this point. I must point out , I do have some audio and video from elsewhere where Page is bopping around

And actually playing some amazing solos on his B-bender.

The Outrider tour is vastly underrated; the two shows I saw had Page blazing with speed and dripping with emotion. Had Zep

Reunited at this point, they would have destroyed any place they played. Nobody ever seems to mention how on this tour after

His bow solo, Page and Jason would go into a basically killer 2nd half DAC 73'-75' instrumental solo, at full speed !!!

I find many compassionate souls here for Jimmy's 84'-94' work. I found both Firm albums almost shockingly lacking in intensity

and originality. Many don't know that Paul Rodgers actually came up with some of the guitar stuff on the albums. And according to

Peter Grant, Rodgers was notoriously difficult to work with. The five shows I saw. Of the Firm, only one was Jimmy smiling and

Enjoying himself. The rest of the 85'-86' shows, ( I had great seats for all)Page just basically stood in one spot very likely drunk

And chain-smoking marlboro's . No kidding. Jimmy actually hardly made any mistakes, but his soloing ability was still being

Recovered at this point. I must point out , I do have some audio and video from elsewhere where Page is bopping around

And actually playing some amazing solos on his B-bender.

The Outrider tour is vastly underrated; the two shows I saw had Page blazing with speed and dripping with emotion. Had Zep

Reunited at this point, they would have destroyed any place they played. Nobody ever seems to mention how on this tour after

His bow solo, Page and Jason would go into a basically killer 2nd half DAC 73'-75' instrumental solo, at full speed !!!

Yup. I saw 'Outrider' at the Hammersmith Odeon, fully expecting it to be abysmal after the Atlantic 40th fiasco, but I had my 18 year old mind blown away by Page that night. Up until that night I had never heard White Summer (as part of Midnight Moonlight I think?) either, and that was simply jaw dropping in its intensity. Just about every recorded version I've heard since has left me absolutely cold. The only time I think I've heard him come close to that level of playing again was post '98 Page/Plant gigs - the only difference being that by that point he moved very little on stage, whereas in '88 he was all over the place.

Coverdale/Page album absolutely has the greatest riffs & solo's of all zep related solo releases.

My parents saw the Firm twice in the 80's. I've met Tony Franklin, extremely nice person.

Outrider is great. Has it's moments.

Coverdale Page was FANTASTIC. The problem is that many Led Zeppelin fans are sort of elite snobs when it comes to rock n roll, and so in there eyes, David Coverdale and Whitesnake represent something evil when the truth is, many if not most of those snobs and elites could never write a late 70's early 80's Whitesnake classic or for that matter a Coverdale Page classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHM7pX4yU08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMoyT_4mdUU

• 1 year later...
On 1/24/2015 at 6:01 AM, SteveAJones said:

You may find posts #6, #7 & #8 of this thread to be of interest:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/10208-trabscription-of-entire-trial-of-mr-langley-in-glasgow/?hl=%2Bbootleg+%2Bqueen#entry339177

...and also this Outrider outtake, 'Judas Touch'...

Wow, unsure if I have ever heard this before. Thanks Steve!

Archived