So who ripped-off the mighty Led Zep?

osoz

More for fun than anything else, but we always hear how Led Zep 'borrowed' some of their material. So here's a thread for those who borrowed from Led Zep.

Here's one to start us off

The Mission UK, Severina - OK Wayne Hussey always owned up to liking Led Zep but it sounds very much like he 'lifted' a Led Zep introduction to me, anyone know the one I'm thinking of?

Feel free to post up any you have and let others see if they can recognize the Led Zep song it was 'borrowed' from.

Yep mine was Achilles - ironic thing 20 years of playing 'goth' guitar and that was one piece I really liked playing and it turned out to be Led Zeppelin lol.

Some really blatant rip-offs posted already! 25 or 6 to 4 is the chorus from BIGLU to my ears

I seem to recall a few years ago, a published interview with Robert where he was asked about this very subject, and the interviewer asked him about a particular new song that had a seeming similarity to a Zep song. I think Robert made a point of writing down the name of the song/artist and said something along the lines of taking it up with their lawyers. It was hard to gauge whether Robert was being serious.

Yep mine was Achilles - ironic thing 20 years of playing 'goth' guitar and that was one piece I really liked playing and it turned out to be Led Zeppelin lol.

Some really blatant rip-offs posted already! 25 or 6 to 4 is the chorus from BIGLU to my ears

Yep. ;)

^Achilles?

^Starting @0:37

^The Wanton Song and Whole Lotta Love, for the record.

Tom Morello has always spoken so kindly of Led Zeppelin. He has said many times that he considers Out On the Tiles the greatest riff of all time ;)

i believe = Megadeaths -Dave M. feels the same way & also recorded a "cover" of it!

(got to be one of Zeps MOST underated songs!)

Here it is again @0:53

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PV1tlEm2uI

Archived